PDA

View Full Version : AAA - promotion codes?

PolyDreams
08-15-2008, 05:56 PM
I was thinking of getting a $150-200ish (I'm guessing) off my rack rates, if I would join AAA.
It probably varies by state, but what is the 'norm' annual fee? Do they ever offer special- first time member deals, codes, etc?

caryrae
08-15-2008, 06:08 PM
I just signed up for AAA in Minnesota and itlooks like my annual fee $59.95 for the basic membership. About any first timer deals I don't know. I just got it to save on a Disney Resort which help me save a couple hundred $'s.

If you never tried Magical Journey's try it they are great. I used them for the first time this week and you can use a AAA card to get a discount if available for a room-only reservation but they keep an eye out for you if any better deals come along and will let you know.

#1donaldfan
08-16-2008, 09:34 AM
AAA gives a 15% discount on room only rates....does not include the hoppers...I think our membership fee is about 50ish a year, plus there are other perks to use .... you get 10% off of select dinning and 10% off of total purchase at the world of disney store. ...... have fun.....:mickey:

disney100%
08-17-2008, 06:28 AM
We also have AAA. Last trip it saved us $30 a night off my room, my parents' room and my brother and sister-in-law's room. You can book up to 3 rooms with the discount. Normally we travel during peak season because I am a teacher, so AAA is has always been the best discount available. But since I am on an extended maternity leave, we are able to travel during regular season this year, so Disney had better deals than AAA.

I agree with the above posting though - use Magical Journeys. They will get you the best prices out there. My family and I used to make all our own plans/reservations/etc. On our last trip we used Magical Journeys for the first time and loved it. Now, Melissa just got us another great deal for our upcoming trip. We'll use Magical Journeys every time we travel now.