PDA

View Full Version : DQ for a 4 year old??

princessesmom
08-15-2008, 05:52 PM
My husband and I and our 3 older children have 5 day hoppers with the water parks/more option. They are from a prior trip when we bought non-expiring tickets. My youngest was not yet 2 years old on that trip, so she doesn't have a ticket. She is now 4 and I'm buying her a 5 day hopper. We are all planning to go to a water park one day and my husband and 3 older children (dd13; dd11; and ds 7) will go to DQ. I'm wondering whether there is anything for dd4to do at DQ? I can either add the water parks/more option to her ticket. Or I can just buy her a water park ticket for one day and do something else with her when the others go to DQ. We have never been there, so I have no idea what it is like. Any advice would be appreciated.

Beast_fanatic
08-25-2008, 12:22 PM
I personally don't think there's much that a 4 year old would be able to participate in at Disney Quest.

Artsake
08-26-2008, 11:58 AM
I agree. While I don't have kids of my own, I do have a nephew who will be 4 in a few days and I would not take him to Disney Quest as I think it would be a waste of money and time.

princessesmom
08-26-2008, 04:12 PM
Thanks for the input! I'll plan to do something else with her that afternoon.

Flower
08-26-2008, 05:47 PM
I was just going to pipe in and say that I would not take my 4 YO either.

Since it is in the DTD/West Side area, maybe see if you can get your daughter into the bippity boppity boutique at DTD - or there is always something to do at DTD, you could even go there and take a boat to POR/POFQ and walk around.

thrillme
08-29-2008, 10:46 AM
Personally I wouldn't take her. Let the others go because it will be a total blast for them. But the little one...really we go to DQ all the time and the little ones get pretty bored after a while. I love the idea of the BBB. You could possibly save a few bucks buying a princess outfit at home then just letting her get her hair and makeup done then put the dress on.

After all is over you can head to the lego store and other places and met them back at the hotel.

RockinRollerMom
08-29-2008, 11:23 AM
I love the idea of the BBB. You could possibly save a few bucks buying a princess outfit at home then just letting her get her hair and makeup done then put the dress on.

After all is over you can head to the lego store and other places and met them back at the hotel.

I agree!! I think BBB is a much better choice than DQ. If you get just hair and make-up package it would be less expensive than going to a water park. BBB is such a great experience for a little girl.

princessesmom
08-31-2008, 07:06 AM
My two older daughters would have loved BBB when they were 4, however my youngest daughter is not into having her hair done. So I don't think it is for her. I'm leaning towards heading back to our cabin at FW and swimming - that is something she loves to do. Thanks so much for all the input!