PDA

View Full Version : Value then Regular Season?

PolyDreams
08-15-2008, 04:43 PM
In doing a little searching on these boards, I take it that Disney doesn't allow you anymore to check in during Value season- and even if it switches to regular season-- you still get value rates?

But now what I'm realizing is , they're charging all regular season rates, even if I'm checking in during two nights of value season time(rates?)

Is there some way to get around this, like switching resorts after the two nights at value?

CleveRocks
08-15-2008, 04:57 PM
Something's wrong here, either with your calculations or in what they are telling you.

Since some time earlier this year, the new policy is that you pay each night's rate based upon that season. It's no longer the case that if you check in on the last night of Value season that your entire resort stay's price will be based on Value season rates. If your first 2 nights are in Value season and then your next 5 nights are in Regular season, then they will NOT charge you a Regular season rate for all 7 nights. If that's the case, then it's wrong. Call Disney rather than using the website, perhaps.

However, maybe you're seeing the effect of something else ... weekend nights now cost more than weeknights. Is it possible that your first 2 nights that you're researching are weekend nights?

Anyway, that's the new way it's done. I hope I explained it okay.

KylesMom
08-15-2008, 04:58 PM
Disney has gone to date-specific pricing. Therefore, you will get whatever rate they are charging for that particular day.

For instance, we checked in to WL on July 19th, which was still regular season. We were charged the higher regular season rate for that evening.

The next day, July 20th, it changed to Value season. We were given all subsequent nights at the value price.

PolyDreams
08-15-2008, 05:31 PM
You're right, I looked again on the disney website, and be default it had chosen water view which made it look like it was charging me the higher amount the first two nights-- whoopsie- thanks!

caryrae
08-15-2008, 05:33 PM
I just book stay at CRS and part of the time is not in the Value season so I was charged the value rate on the days in value season and then charged the higher rate for the day that was not in the value season.

I was charged the first 7 nights at $119 and the last night not in value season was $144.