PDA

View Full Version : ALK to Saratoga/GF spas?

mimi78
08-15-2008, 11:30 AM
We have an upcoming trip planned in Oct/Nov and I am trying to decide if I should make a massage appointment the day we arrive while DH is playing golf. I would like to go to either the GF or SS spa but we are staying at the AKL. (I know I could make a massage appt. at the AKL Fitness Center but I’d prefer to go to one of the spas.) Any idea how long it will take to take cab to either and approx. cost ? Cab seems more direct than taking the Disney buses. I looked at a map but I can’t tell which one is closer to the AKL. Can anybody help?

ThanxForNoticin
08-15-2008, 12:32 PM
I can't tell you the exact cost of a cab because we'll do Disney transportation or use a rental car during our trips. I can't imagine it would be more than $15 or so, though. But in reality, if you take a 5-minute bus ride from AKL to the AK, you can get a bus from the AK bus terminal to either the GF or SS. If you allow 45 minutes to get to your destination, you'll probably be fine.

Do you know which golf course your husband will be doing? If he's doing Lake Buena Vista, that clubhouse is located at SS, so maybe you could coordinate your transportation that day. By the way, my wife would highly recommend the SS spa.... Enjoy your trip!

mimi78
08-15-2008, 03:27 PM
I think he IS playing Lake Buena Vista actually, so maybe we could make that work. I didn't realize it was that close.

Thanks for your help!

TammiMcMan
08-15-2008, 04:58 PM
You're actually closest to the Mandara Spa, http://www.swandolphin.com/activities/spa.html over at the Swan/Dolphin resort. You'd just need to take the MGM bus from AKL and then it's about a 8-10 minute walk.

You can compare services at both the Mandara and SSR. If you decide to go with Mandara, just remember to mention that you are a member of INTERCOT when booking, to receive a 20% discount.

Maleficent's Dad
08-15-2008, 07:54 PM
I think he IS playing Lake Buena Vista actually, so maybe we could make that work. I didn't realize it was that close.
This could really work out to your advantage.
Both LBV Golf and the Spa are on SSR's property; and both are relatively close to each other as well.

Since your husband is playing golf there, Disney will provide a *complimentary* taxi for him to get to the course; I see no reason why you couldn't join him on that ride.

Now as for the ride back, I'm not sure you'll still be lingering in the spa. By the time he checks in, gets to the range and practice green, plays, and finishes up, it will be at least 5 hours. If you're in the spa that long, join him for the ride back. You can always take your own taxi. Otherwise walk over to DTD (or take the ferry) and you can get a resort bus back.

mimi78
08-18-2008, 12:15 PM
Wow, thanks Tammi! I didn’t realize there was an Intercot discount there, do I need to show anything or just tell them I’m a member? We are also DVC members but I didn’t see a DVC discount at the Mandara, which is why I just thought of the GF or SSR spas.

I also didn’t realize he would get free golf transportation, what a great idea to hitch a ride!

TammiMcMan
08-18-2008, 08:46 PM
Nope, you shouldn't need to show them anything, just mention it if you decide to book a treatment there. If you do have any problems, let me know.

Maleficent's Dad
08-18-2008, 09:40 PM
I also didn’t realize he would get free golf transportation
Regardless of which spa you decide upon, one of the nicest perks of golfing at Disney is the transportation.

Bell Services will not only hail a taxi for your hubby, they will provide him with a voucher which includes the gratuity.

Golf at WDW is painless. If he plays more than once, they will transfer his clubs for him as well.

Sorry to get off topic. Good luck with the spa!!! :mickey: