PDA

View Full Version : stitches great escape

motherof4
08-15-2008, 08:30 AM
I have never been on stitches great escape in mk I was just wondering if anyone knew anything about it?

yjgirl32
08-15-2008, 08:36 AM
It's a very dark ride. Not much light and my ds3 was not allowed to leave his flashlight on. He seemed to like it. If memory serves me you need to capture Stich. Hope this helps.

Itchy
08-15-2008, 09:14 AM
As with the previous post. The attraction is in the dark most of the time. For some young children it can be a scary event so you may want to gauge your attendance on that.

You will be in a seat in large circular arena type setting with a restraint that will rest down over your shoulders, so if you are claustrophobic you may want to re-think this as well.

Over all it is not a bad attraction as it has a lot of action that keeps you looking.

Hope this helps.

14 days and counting.:mickey:

azcavalier
08-15-2008, 10:23 AM
The story is that Stitch has just been caught by the galactic command (or whatever they call it) and that they're transferring him to a holding tube (if you've seen the movie, it's what Stitch is in at the beginning). You are a trainee and are only supposed to be seeing easy criminals, petty thieves, etc, and so when this alert comes in that they've caught something big, it's a big deal. That's the pre-show. Then you go into a round room that's arena style, and you take your seat. A harness lowes down over your head until it touches your shoulders, and it has speakers built in to it, right next to your ears.

Stitch is transported into the center of the room, and those DNA based guns from the movie are there tracking him. He realizes that if he spits, the guns fire, so he "spits" on the audience (streams of water hit some people) and the guns, and so the guns blast some stuff, the power goes out, and the rest of the attraction is audio only. You hear what he's doing in surround sound, so sometimes he's behind you, sometimes he's up above, and he generally wreaks havoc. He steals someone's chili dog, and then burps in your face (and the smell is shot out at your nose, which is the main reason why so many people hate this attraction). Then he escapes in a space craft, and the lights come on, and you see on the video screen where they track him to. That's it. I never thought that it was scary, but if you have a kid that's afraid of the dark, I could see where it would give them problems. Stitch himself really isn't scary, and he doesn't do scary things. He jumps around, tickles you, burps on you. If your kids are fine with the creepiness of the Haunted Mansion, then Stitch shouldn't be a big deal.

deedeebee
08-15-2008, 10:24 AM
:sick: It's the smell!! DD hates it.

Disney fans..
08-15-2008, 10:38 AM
:sick: It's the smell!! DD hates it.

:ditto:

I agree..that smell is disgusting, so we just try and hold our breath when we know it's coming!

Mousemates
08-15-2008, 12:18 PM
Its a kind of fun...something you ought to do once for the uniqueness of the experience...but its not a must do everytime kind of thing. To me its kind of got a middle school feel to it (in terms of the age of boy who would find the ride most appealing in terms of the "effects" and humor).

dnickels
08-15-2008, 12:37 PM
I miss when this one was Alien Encounter! So much better back then! :thumbsup:

bruin1344
08-15-2008, 01:06 PM
its ok, i liked alien encounter better, we only go on it if there is less than 5 minutes wait

tink'72
08-15-2008, 01:40 PM
We went on this ride in July. My DS5 was petrified...I thought this wasn't much at all. It's not something we would ride again in the future.

Villains0501
08-15-2008, 02:32 PM
Fun! it's dark but only because the ride that proceeded it was dark in story, i mean that ride was about aliens and not stitch aliens i mean vicious aliens. It's fun! way better than the monster laugh floor comedy club or whatever it's called. overall, it fun and interactive, but not a classic.