PDA

View Full Version : Sept pre trip with Free Dining & MNNSHP

trudisneygal
08-15-2008, 02:06 AM
Hi all! Well, we've got 23 days left until our upcoming trip during free dining and our first ever MNNSHP! It's just DH and myself (no kids yet), and no other family this time. We still don't have costumes for the MNNSHP, and I've heard that everyone dresses up, so I've got to come up with something DH will like, as well as something practical enough to move around in. Also, we are trying a few new resturants this time around, and I'd love to get some opinions on them. Here is what we have:

9/7-Whispering Canyon (refillable milkshakes!)
9/8-Hollywood Brown Derby (new one)
9/9-Liberty Tree ( My Fav & MNNSHP! YAY!)
9/10-Boma (new one)
9/11-Ohana's (DH's fav)
9/12-San Angel Inn (new one)

That's the line up this time. We're staying at POR, which we have stayed at and liked before. I always love the boat to DD. Well, I will keep you updated as it gets closer!

JenniferS.
08-15-2008, 07:05 AM
We will be there the same time as you!! Sept 3-13th! We are going to MNSSHP too. We have been twice before. Me and DH never dress up, but we do see a lot of adults dressed. It's awesome if it doesn't rain. I've never been to any of the restaurants you have mentioned, but we are going to most of them this trip. Have fun...I can't wait to get there!

Bethis26fan
08-15-2008, 07:41 AM
We going about the same time as you. We are going to the party the same night and it will be our first time too.

yjgirl32
08-15-2008, 08:40 AM
Sounds like a great vacation! Have a great time! Can't wait to read the reviews.

tinklover
08-15-2008, 09:02 AM
Just an idea for some costumes for ya ... why not order some intercot gear form teh store and go as intercotees :D
Have a great trip to all of you going i am so jealous. we still have not picked a date for our 2009 trip .

ChipnDaleGal
08-15-2008, 09:30 AM
I hope you two have a great time. The Halloween Party is my favorite special event at WDW! Make sure you see the parade and the fireworks as they are both truly amazing! :mickey:

faline
08-15-2008, 12:03 PM
Brown Derby is one of my favorites! I also greatly enjoy San Angel Inn!

Have a great time!

KatMark
08-15-2008, 12:40 PM
Sounds like a great trip. We enjoyed our meal at Liberty Tree; we are trying Boma & Whispering Canyon for the first time this year; sorry, we did not care for Brown Derby...but a lot of people love it.

Have a great time figuring out your costumes...and be sure to post pictures.

Lizzie
08-15-2008, 01:41 PM
Have a great time. We went to MNNSHP a couple of years ago and didn't wear costumes so if you don't get to it don't worry about it.

arsenal3
08-15-2008, 03:15 PM
What is Free dining, is it really free or just really cheap?

And what is MNNSHP?

NJGIRL
08-15-2008, 03:29 PM
Hi all! Well, we've got 23 days left until our upcoming trip during free dining and our first ever MNNSHP! It's just DH and myself (no kids yet), and no other family this time. We still don't have costumes for the MNNSHP, and I've heard that everyone dresses up, so I've got to come up with something DH will like, as well as something practical enough to move around in. Also, we are trying a few new resturants this time around, and I'd love to get some opinions on them. Here is what we have:

9/7-Whispering Canyon (refillable milkshakes!)
9/8-Hollywood Brown Derby (new one)
9/9-Liberty Tree ( My Fav & MNNSHP! YAY!)
9/10-Boma (new one)
9/11-Ohana's (DH's fav)
9/12-San Angel Inn (new one)

That's the line up this time. We're staying at POR, which we have stayed at and liked before. I always love the boat to DD. Well, I will keep you updated as it gets closer!

You will love the Halloween Party. We have been to at least five parties and they're always alot of fun. One note. Most kids get dressed up but I would say maybe 40% of adults so if you don't find anything don't worry you won't be the only people not dressed up.

Whispering Canyon love, Liberty Tree love, BOMA love, San Angel love. Great choice of restaurants!

MississippiDisneyFreak
08-15-2008, 08:26 PM
Your plans sound great to me:thumbsup:

trudisneygal
08-20-2008, 05:10 PM
Thanks everyone! I'm soo anxious to go! We will probably try to dress up because I actually work at a local theatrical costume shop here, and dressing up in costume is most definitely my thing. I'm thinking about dressing in 1700's garb, since we'll be eating at my favorite place, Liberty Tree. Thought it would be fun to get pics with the characters in their 1700's garb too! We did order some Intercot t shirts too, so who knows! I'll keep you posted on what we decide to do. Oh, and if any of you who are going to be attending the MNNSHP on the 9th of Sept would like to meet up, please let me know!

BelleCiavo
08-20-2008, 07:09 PM
Have fun! I hope you enjoy Boma, it's one of our favorites.