PDA

View Full Version : All Star Music

mshomeschoolmom
08-14-2008, 05:06 PM
I was able to take advantage of the promotion and now we will be staying at the All Star Music Resort in Oct. I would like to get some reviews of this resort. Positive or negative.

Thanks

Jasper
08-14-2008, 05:52 PM
We have done all of the All Star Resorts and really like them all. We are far from wealthy so any opportunity to go to WDW is a welcome relief from life and without the value resorts we would never be able to go. Of course, you have to go in with your expectations set properly. If you go with the idea that you will have all the amenities of a five star resort then you will not be happy. However if you are just average folk like we are then you should be happy with the All Stars.

We are the kind of people who spend most of our time in the parks and not at the resort so having all the extras is not important to us. All we are looking for is a clean room where everything works and that has a pool to cool off in late in the evening when we return from the parks. And I have to say that the All Stars fills all those needs very nicely!

hubbyofadisneyholic
08-14-2008, 09:18 PM
We have stayed at ASMu many times and have had both good and bad experiences.

Several times we have had to deal with front desk CMs that had very limited English skills. That can make it very difficult if problems arise.

On the whole the food court is very good. Being huge it can get chaotic, but not unbearable.

The rooms are pretty small and the bathrooms are positively TINY.

To be fair, when we had some serious issues come up last year the managers on duty dealt with them quickly and fairly.

IF the choice is ASMu or off-site or not going at all, I would definitely choose ASMu. In my opinion it isn't the worst resort at WDW by any means.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
08-14-2008, 09:25 PM
We stayed at ASMu last year and the resort itself was nice and it's easy to find your way around. The food court was ok too. The only think I hated was how long it took to get from them to the parks. The staff was great.

wildernesslady
08-15-2008, 03:19 PM
I don't think you'll be dissappointed. We have stayed there many times with youth groups and have never had a problem. We actually prefer it to POP.

mook3y
08-15-2008, 03:48 PM
We stayed there last year and thought it was fine. We enjoyed the music and the pool there.

There were only 2 complaints that we had about the resort.

The beds are too small for me and wife to sleep together comfortably, we are way to used to a much larger bed.

non-preferred rooms can be a LONG walk at the end of the day.

Next time at a value, i would definately spend the extra bucks for a preferred room location. It was too far to walk for a refill!

Other than that, we thought the resort was just fine. It is especially a great value if you don't spend much time at your resort.

luvdiznee
08-15-2008, 04:28 PM
If you are looking for a quiet peaceful resort, this is it. And yes, clean too. :mickey:Enjoy!

cajunmickey
08-15-2008, 09:28 PM
This is our favorite resort. I agree with an earlier post, it is worth the few extra dollars for a prefered room. If you end up in country it could be a long walk to the front. We have stayed at other all stars and POR. But I really like music.

Sylvia
08-16-2008, 08:42 AM
I am one of those rare guests who prefers a quiet room location, so being far away from the main pool and the food court isn't a problem. For me, the walks through the resort in the early morning or late at night are very pleasant and enjoyable. On my way back to my room at night, I always stop at one of the benches near the fountain in the Jazz Inn section. It's a nice break in my trip and it's fun if you're a people-watcher. :yay:

I'm also one of those guests who doesn't spend every day, all day, in one of the parks. I actually enjoy spending quiet time at my resort. It's probably due to the fact that I've spent so much time in the World during the past 32 years. During the day, when most guests are "out and about", the food court isn't busy, and there is always an available outdoor table.

Last year, I requested a quiet room in Country Fair, and I loved it. I was at the end of the building, facing the "woods", on the 3rd floor. It was as if I were staying at FT Wilderness. I could smell the pine when I opened my door, and when I opened my curtains in the morning, I saw the sun streaming through the trees. On my next trip (hopefully in the spring), I intend to request the same location.

In my personal opinion, ASMusic has many good points.:eat: The food court has some great choices, such as Mickey waffles in the morning, parmesan-crusted chicken on the lunch/dinner menu, and (as of May) freshly baked oatmeal raisin cookies (some resorts have changed to prepackaged cookies, much to my disappointment).

POP Century was my favorite value, but ASMusic is rapidly becoming #1. When I'm planning a trip to a value resort, I may still consider POP, but more likely, I'll go for ASMusic.:wave:

All the CMs, from the front desk, to mousekeeping, to the food court, etc., etc., etc., were very friendly and helpful. I really think this is due to the attitude of the managment of the resort. They seemed genuinely interested in providing excellent guest services. On my last visit, every CM I encountered smiled and said hello, and made me feel very welcome.

N2DisneyWorld
08-16-2008, 11:38 AM
We stayed in ASMu on our last trip in Nov. 2006 and really enjoyed it. We have stayed in other value resorts and we really enjoyed this the most. I was told it was the least crowded of all the value resorts so we figured we would try it out (plus we like to try different things when we go). We requested the jazz building with a room facing the fountain. We got our request and really enjoyed our room and the location. The jazz building was right next to the Calypso building so it wasn't that far of a walk.

I hope you will enjoy it as much as we did. We are going to stay there again this November and I can't wait.

Have a great time on your trip!! :mickey:

Mousemates
08-16-2008, 11:55 AM
We have enjoyed our stays at the various values, and while some prefer one to another for various reasons, to me there simply isn't all that much difference between them except for the tone of the overall theming (i.e do you prefer giant bowling pins or giant dalmations etc).

Our rooms have been clean and serviceable in each (actually our rooms in our last two stays at values have been among the cleanest we have ever had)...the pools are large and the food courts offer the standard fare you expect.

The beds are a bit on the smallish side, but truth be told after a day in the parks I'm usually so tired that I could spoon up behind my wife on a padded ironing board and drop right off to sleep...in other words while they aren't the size of beds we're used to at home, we manage just fine during our stays.

To me a stay at the values makes for a very nice family vacation...kind of a load the kids up in the old country squire station wagon and hit the road kind of thing...your kids will love it there, it won't break the bank, which means you will be able to return sooner rather than later.