PDA

View Full Version : What rides/attractions have you NEVER done?

azcavalier
08-14-2008, 12:50 PM
This has probably been discussed before (I think that most of these threads are recycled at one point or another), but in reading about the rides that we wouldn't miss if they were gone, or the thread about whether or not we like the rides that replaced other rides, the most beautiful ride, etc, etc...I was just thinking about many of these rides that my family has NEVER done, even though we've been to WDW about five or six times in the last six years. Some of them just seem like retreads of other rides, and some just don't do anything for us. Others we would probably do, but always have inexplicably long lines (Tomorrowland Speedway and Dumbo, for example).

Here's my list:

MK: Tomorrowland Speedway, Mad Teacups, Dumbo, Aladdin's Flying Carpets, Astro Orbiter

DHS: Playhouse Disney Live

AK: Camp Minnie-Mickey, Birds of Flight show, carnival games at Chester & Hester's.

Epcot: French pavillion movie, Norway pavillion movie, China pavilion movie, Innoventions West, The Circle of Life

Now, of course, there's stuff we've done that we wish we could say that we hadn't...like the Journey Into Narnia from the first movie. That was the worst attraction i've seen Disney come up with. It was more of a waste of time than Sounds Dangerous.

Imagineer1981
08-14-2008, 12:57 PM
MK: Aladdin's Flying Carpets, Goofy's Barnstormer, shooting arcade in frontierland, the cars on mainstreet

DHS: Narnia

AK: Pocahontas and her forest Friends, Birds of Flight show, carnival games at Chester & Hester's (which I think are lame)

Epcot: Canada pavillion movie, French Pavillion movie, Making of Me

casey@bat
08-14-2008, 12:59 PM
MK- nothing
AK- Rafiki's Planet watch/train, Carnival Games
EPCOT-nothing
DHS-nothing

GrumpyFan
08-14-2008, 01:02 PM
Good question.

MK - Tom Sawyer Island, Snow Whites adventure, Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse

Epcot - Universe of Energy,

DHS - Playhouse Disney Live

AK - Pocohantas, Flights of Wonder, Rafiki's Planet Watch/train

There are at least one or two attractions that I wish I had never seen, but I won't go into that.

bruin1344
08-14-2008, 01:07 PM
MK - Barnstormer, Aladdin Magic Carpets
Epcot - None
DHS & AK - kiddie rides or shows

Disney Doll
08-14-2008, 01:12 PM
Well I generally like to try everything at least once, but there are a few I haven't gotten to yet.

MK: new Tiki show, Monster's Inc laugh floor, story time with Belle

EPCOT: Mexico grand fiesta tour, new Canada movie

DHS: done it all!

AK: Kali River Rapids (I'm not willing to risk getting soaked), the Pocahantas show.

MickeysEars
08-14-2008, 01:17 PM
MK-never have done the Treehouse
Epcot-Have never seen any of the Country movies except Norway,
DHS-TOT (husband has, I never will),
AK-EE (husband has, maybe I will in March), Flights of Wonder, Pocahontas, Tri. Spin,

Disney fans..
08-14-2008, 01:19 PM
Here are some rides that I personally have not riden but my kids and husband have..I will try to ride them our next trip in Nov.

Splash Mountin, Areosmith, TOT and Everest
(I am so afraid of heights)

Other then that we also have not seen Narnia, the new Toy Story, Astro Orbitor and the Laugh Floor...we are also hoping to do these while we are there this time.

Urbss
08-14-2008, 01:47 PM
Good Thread!!

The only thing I can think of that I have never done (that was there to do at the time I was there) is Tom Sawyer Island, but I hope to be doing that in 30-some days because I think my DS3 will love it.

Of course there has been many additional attractions added since the last time I was at WDW - and I hope to do some of those next month too.

TBY2225
08-14-2008, 01:48 PM
MK= Liberty Square Riverboat
EP=none of the WS movies, Ellen's Energy Adventure
HS=Sounds Dangerous, Indiana Jones, Lights, Motors, Action
AK=Rafiki's Planet Watch, ITTBAB, Flights of Wonder, Kali River Rapids

Some of these are on our list for our trip in September. We just haven't had time to do them before, or thought they might be a little too much for the kids until now! We don't like to get wet so Kali is out!

brownie
08-14-2008, 01:59 PM
Hall of Presidents, Festival of the Lion King, Mission: Space, Astro Orbiter, Dumbo, Primeval Whirl, and probably a few more. I never experienced ExtraTerrorestrial Alien Encounter, and haven't been back since it became Stitch's Great Escape. We rode Soarin' at California Adventure, but haven't been to Disney World since it was opened at Epcot.

BMan62
08-14-2008, 02:30 PM
Wow! Hadn't given a whole lot of thought about this, but here we go...

MK:
Astro Orbiter
Cinderella's Golden Carousel
Dumbo
Liberty Square Riverboat
Main Street Vehicles
Hall of Presidents
Magic Carpets of Aladdin
Many Adventures of Winnie The Pooh
Tomorrowland Indy Speedway

EPCOT:
NONE!!!!!

DHS:
Playhouse Disney
Toy Story Midway Mania (to be addressed in 32 days!!)
Walt Disney: One Man's Dream

AK:
Cretaceous Trail (Sept. trip)
Discovery Island Trails (Sept. trip!!)
Boneyard
Triceratop Spin
Primeval Whirl

disneyworld55925592
08-14-2008, 02:30 PM
mk: liberty square riverboat, and hall of presidents

Epcot: some of the movies within the countries

HS: playhouse disney, who wants to be a millionare

ak:nemo musical

EmmMOM2
08-14-2008, 02:39 PM
Never gone over to Tom Sawyer's Island!!!

Mousemates
08-14-2008, 02:45 PM
From reading the thread I think the only thing we've not done is see the new canada movie (which I didn't know they had updated).

Goofeygal
08-14-2008, 02:57 PM
MK-nothing
Epcot-nothing
DHS-playhouse disney, the new Narnia with prince.
AK-Triceratops spin

JerseyDad
08-14-2008, 03:08 PM
.....actually can't think of anything that I've NOT done...except...Mission Space in Epcot.

....won't do it...nope...not ever...ain't...gonna'....do it!!

I work with a woman who's dad works at WDW...and as such she goes there often. I was told by her about the time her dad, and her husband (whom I also work with) went on Mission Space...and were BOTH "messed-up" (putting it nicely) for the remainder of the day!!

(the human body was not meant to go through a spin cycle!!!)

azcavalier
08-14-2008, 03:16 PM
.....actually can't think of anything that I've NOT done...except...Mission Space in Epcot.

....won't do it...nope...not ever...ain't...gonna'....do it!!

I work with a woman who's dad works at WDW...and as such she goes there often. I was told by her about the time her dad, and her husband (whom I also work with) went on Mission Space...and were BOTH "messed-up" (putting it nicely) for the remainder of the day!!

(the human body was not meant to go through a spin cycle!!!)

Look, if the only thing that you haven't done is Mission: Space, then you've got to do the TAME version. It doesn't spin you around or simulate the G-forces that are what make people sick. Honestly, Star Tours or Rockin' Roller Coaster are worse than the tame version of Mission: Space. As a matter of fact, Mission: Space (tame version) is a lot like Star Tours, but not as bumpy. It's pretty much the same technology.

After reading some of yours, I need to add a few to my list:

MK: Belle's Reading Time thingy, Main Street cars (does this even count? I mean, I thought it was for old or slow people....no offense to anyone)

DHS: Who Wants to be a Millionaire

Epcot: Making of Me (does this still run?)

Where is the Festival of the Lion King? AK? I've never done it. I don't think i've ever seen the entrance to it.

MississippiDisneyFreak
08-14-2008, 03:21 PM
Here are the ones I've never done:

HS-Rocknroller coaster and Tower of Terror
AK-Kali River Rapids and EE
Epcot-Soarin or Mission Space
MK-Space Mountain, Splash Mountain and Big Thunder railroad

ibelieveindisneymagic
The only two that stand out for me that we've never done, but want to is the Indiana Jones Stunt Show and the Beauty and the Beast show.

I actually just thought of another...the Nemo show at AK...but I'm not an AK fan, so I think that one will stay outstanding for a while.

Mousemates
MK: Belle's Reading Time thingy, Main Street cars (does this even count? I mean, I thought it was for old or slow people....no offense to anyone)

If I were old or slow I might be offended, but since I consider myself to be neither (thou my teenage son thinks 44 is ancient) I take no offense. :mickey:

tink2006
08-14-2008, 03:22 PM
I thought I had done everything,then I started to look at the list of attractions under "Theme Parks" ...
MK: Arcade, Storytime with Belle
Epcot: nothing
DHS: magic of animation, Areosmith, Beauty and the Beast, Toy Story Mania
AK: Conservation station, Finding Nemo, the musical.

I guess I almost have a Things to do list for next year :thumbsup:

kbean
08-14-2008, 07:06 PM
I live less in two hrs away and never been to AK. My friends and family aren't about disney like I am. And I recently broke up with my ex who loved disney.I'll get there soon I hope.

Pop Centurion
08-14-2008, 08:16 PM
Hmmm, let's see.

MK:
Astro Orbiter
Tom Sawyer Island
Aladdin's Magic Carpet
Indy Speedway (Ridiculous lines)
Cinderella's Carousel
Donald's Boat (I'd feel silly being that I'm not a little kid)
Liberty Square Riverboat

Epcot:

American Adventure
O Canada
Impressions De France
(None of these interest me)

DHS:

RnR (Too scared :( )
Toy Story Mania (Wasn't open yet)
Playhouse Disney

AK:

E:E
TriceraTop Spin
Pocohantas and Her Forest Friends

joonyer
08-15-2008, 03:15 PM
MK:
Astro Orbiter; A little afraid of heights, and every time I work up the nerve the wait is too long. I'm going to ride it next trip
Monster's Inc. Laugh Floor comedy club. Haven't been to MK since it opened. will catch it next trip also.

DHS:
Toy Story Mania: Haven't been since it opened. Can't wait to try it.
Jouney into Narnia: Haven't been since it opened.
BackLot Tour: Never taken the time. Not sure I ever will after hearing recent reviews.
PlayHouse Disney Live: My kids have long outgrown these characters

Epcot:
Ellen's Energy Adventure: Haven't been willing to take the time for this long attraction. will try it next trip without the kids.
The Seas with Nemo & Friends: Haven't been since this attraction was refurbished and the new ride added.

Animal Kingdom:
Triceratops Spin: Kids have outgrown this attraction.
Finding Nemo; the Musical: haven't been since this opened.

Aggie97
08-15-2008, 06:14 PM
MK: Storytime with Belle, Goofy's Barnstormer, Donald's Boat

Epcot: The Circle of Life

DHS: Playhouse Disney Live, Voyage of the Little Mermaid

AK: Pocahontas, Flights of Wonder, Rafiki's Planet Watch, Chester & Hester's Dino-Rama
:mickey:

brianlw71
08-16-2008, 01:58 PM
Been many times as a kid and an adult and never rode Dumbo.

AdventurerKim
08-16-2008, 08:55 PM
MK: Space Mountain and Stitch (I did Alien Encounter once and swore never to go on that type of attraction again.)

EPCOT: Mission Space (the spinning one)

DHS/MGM: RnRC and ToT (these I will do one day when I work up the courage)

AK: almost everything; I've only been on Kilaminjaro Safari and It's Tough To Be A Bug (we never go there; we're underwhelmed by it)

IamBelle
08-16-2008, 10:35 PM
MK-tomorrowland speedway, astro orbiter, stitch's great escape, monsters inc show, tom sawyer island, splash mtn, Big thunder mtn, space mtn, barnstormer, steam boat

Epcot-Mission Space, test track, china show, canada show, norway show, seas ride w/ nemo

AK- carnival games, dinosaur, primevil whirl, nemo show

DHS- narnia, toy story mania, TOT, RnRC