PDA

View Full Version : A few questions about a mid-vacation switch....

Sunshine1010
08-14-2008, 09:59 AM
Okay....here's the deal:

I made my reservations at SSR for Dec. 5-14, 2008. At the 7 month window, I changed to OKW. The only day that didn't come through is Dec. 7th. I'm waitlisted for that day. I have the dining plan.

Question: Am I able to go ahead and make a reservation for a value resort for that one night so that way, I can save my points for the one night? Do people do this?

If I am able to do that...since I can't get the dining plan for that one day, but I'll have it before and after that day....will I still be able to get the dining plan?

Make sense?

KAT1811
08-14-2008, 02:30 PM
Okay I'll try to help here.

We are not DVC members but had a similar situation a couple of trips back. We were slotted to stay at CSR and they did not have one night avaliable in the middle of our stay (due to a convention) so we had to book at one of the values for the night and then we were slotted to return to CSR the next night. We did have a package including the dining plan. This is what happened to us . . .

We had to book two separate packages with our 10 day park hoppers on one package and a one day pass on the other (each package must be inclusive of a park pass although I am not sure how that works with the DVC). Then when we checked in I kept asking the front desk to help us stay for the night (as we were staying with 2 children one of which was an infant and did not want to have to move all of us twice. I did use my best pleading face) The CM that I ended up dealing with (the same one over a few days) was wonderfully helpful and we were able to stay at the resort and not move. We did however still have two separate reservations. I would call reservations and ask them (or email MJ). But I am almost positive that once you switch resorts, even for one night, you'll need two separate packages. I'm not sure if you'll run into the problem that your first "stay" will be less than 3 days (I was pretty certain that the DDP was only avaliable on stays of 3+ days.

Probably not much help. Sorry I tried.

coloradowendyl
08-14-2008, 03:29 PM
Clarification here...you can book a one night package with dining. However you can't book a Discounted package for less than 3 nights. Any package must have tickets on it, which means to book one night just for the dining plan does not make financial sense as you would need at least 1 base ticket per person on the package.

Room only reservations can't have dining added to them.

If you have a split stay with one night in the middle booked as a room only reservation, that one day, you would not be booked with the dining plan.

Wendy