PDA

View Full Version : Sept. 12th Epcot EMH Illuminations meet

tinkerbellybutton
08-14-2008, 09:10 AM
Hey guys, just kind of wanted to get a rough estimate of who wants to come to the Illuminations meet on Sept. 12th. We're meeting at 7:00ish (I will be there at 7:00) pm but anyone is welcome to show when they can. Either let me know here or through PM. I will PM everyone my cell # when you let me know you're coming. Can't wait to see all of you! Hooray!!!!
:yay: :trio: :woohoo:

MMouse6937
08-14-2008, 10:43 AM
Traci, you know we'll be there!! Can't wait to see you!! I'll PM you my cell phone # right now! :mickey:

pianobabe
08-14-2008, 07:58 PM
Count Michael and I in. I am excited about this.

Rhonda

tinkerbellybutton
08-14-2008, 08:14 PM
Yay! So, so far we have 2 Mikes. We're also very excited!!
Sarah sweetie, I forgot where you said you were staying , we'll be at POR. Maybe it's in your signature I'll take a peek. Rhonda, I'm PMing my cell # right now. :thumbsup:

OOps, Rhonda, it didn't work, just let me know how to reach you to give it to you if you want it. If not just keep an eye out for us.

MMouse6937
08-15-2008, 11:14 AM
Traci we're at CBR, but we will be coming over to POR to see Bob Jackson play at the lounge, maybe we can get together then too!! I look so forward to meeting you and your family. Btw, I got my packet of paperwork in the mail yesterday!! WOO HOO!! :thumbsup:

tinkerbellybutton
08-15-2008, 06:05 PM
Sarah, just let me know when you're coming to POR and we'll try to work around it so we can be there! I am just so excited. I'm such a goob, I keep just busting out of nowhere and saying " ** days until we go to WDW and ** days until we meet Sarah" I'm such a strange chicken ;) Can't wait!

1EeyoreFan
08-15-2008, 08:31 PM
Our crew DH and DD(3) are hoping to meet up as well We have an ADR for Teppan Edo and may run late. We look forward to meeting all of you!

Stephanie

tinkerbellybutton
08-15-2008, 11:31 PM
Our crew DH and DD(3) are hoping to meet up as well We have an ADR for Teppan Edo and may run late. We look forward to meeting all of you!

Stephanie
That sounds great! We'd love to meet you. I remember you mentioned in another post about your ADR, right? I'm going to PM my cell # to you right now. Hope you can make it! If this time and place doesn't work for some people feel free to suggest another time and place, there's absolutely no reason we couldn't have more than one meet.

pianobabe
08-16-2008, 06:29 PM
We are starting out at Pop on the 10th and then hopping over to OKW on the 14th (hopefully that will go well). We will be wearing our Intercot shirts.
Traci, is there anything I need to do to accept PM's? I didn't see anything, but my brother was the computer savvy one.

Rhonda

P.S. I'm doing the same thing with the count down. I keep saying ** days until Disney. Or, Guess where we will be this time in **days.

tinkerbellybutton
08-17-2008, 09:47 PM
We are starting out at Pop on the 10th and then hopping over to OKW on the 14th (hopefully that will go well). We will be wearing our Intercot shirts.
Traci, is there anything I need to do to accept PM's? I didn't see anything, but my brother was the computer savvy one.

Rhonda

P.S. I'm doing the same thing with the count down. I keep saying ** days until Disney. Or, Guess where we will be this time in **days.
Hey Rhonda, I'm really not so great with computers myself :blush: I posted a question about it in the info central thread and we'll see what they say. You're getting to WDW on my birthday!! Lucky me! Can't wait to meet you.

tinkerbellybutton
08-18-2008, 07:33 AM
Hey Rhonda, This is the response I got about the PM question. Give it a try.

Hi Traci!

On the blue toolbar above, enter the 'User CP' and then choose 'Edit Options'. Scroll down to the 'Messaging & Notifications' section and there you will see a section on Private Messaging. Make sure the box is checked to enable private messaging and then you must scroll to the bottom and click on 'Save Changes'.

That should do it. :)

pianobabe
08-18-2008, 08:07 PM
Let's see if it works now.

Rhonda

tinkerbellybutton
08-18-2008, 08:32 PM
Hey Rhonda, I just sent you a PM and it didn't kick it back so that's a good sign :thumbsup: let me know if you get it!

pianobabe
08-18-2008, 08:37 PM
We are good to go.

mrsgaribaldi
08-19-2008, 12:42 AM
We're just going to miss it!! We arrive on the 14th:(

tinkerbellybutton
08-19-2008, 09:26 AM

:( That stinks Stephanie, we would love to see you and :mike: again :yes:, sorry had to use that smilie for Mike, couldn't resist. Anyaway, we don't leave until the evening, or more likely the afternoon (I don't know how early M.E. picks up for a 6 something flight) of the 15th. Let us know your schedule (we're not quite done with ours) and maybe we can get together for a quick ice cream or snack or something.
Wow, is that the biggest run-on sentance I've ever made? Anyway, like I said, if you guys want to just let me know. :D

tinkerbellybutton
08-19-2008, 09:48 AM
By the way......
What is it with you people and your Mikes? Bruce will want a name change before we leave. ;)

mrsgaribaldi
08-20-2008, 01:24 AM
By the way......
What is it with you people and your Mikes? Bruce will want a name change before we leave. ;)

Don't forget Mike was the number one male name for years;) We are planning on doing alot at night and trying to stay at the resort when it's the most hot. On Monday night we are going to go to PI to hit the AC one more time before it closes. I love that place, I can't believe it's closing:( I think on the 14th there are extra magic hours at the MK and we are going to spend the night there. Any chance you guys will be there then? I would love to see you too, especially the baby. We are also planning another trip in early Nov for the F&W Festival:mickey:

tinkerbellybutton
08-20-2008, 10:39 AM
Hey Stephanie,
There is actually a VERY good chance of that. We want to get the most out of the trip with EMH. I won't be on much for the next couple of days but we'll do some thinking and planning and I'll get in touch with you. BTW, I'm bringing the watch you sent me and adding more charms! I want to get one to represent Carter. ;)

hlkeck
08-24-2008, 04:28 PM
We'll be in Epcot on the 12th as well. We have ADRs at 5:30 at Garden Grill, so 7 pm may work perfectly. Where will you be meeting? I'd love to meet some fellow intercotees...we tried an Ohio meet up once but it fell thru. :(

tinkerbellybutton
08-25-2008, 12:32 AM
We'll be in Epcot on the 12th as well. We have ADRs at 5:30 at Garden Grill, so 7 pm may work perfectly. Where will you be meeting? I'd love to meet some fellow intercotees...we tried an Ohio meet up once but it fell thru. :(
Hi, it would be great if you could join us as well! The more, the merrier! Sorry to hear that a previous meet fell through. I know that at least Sarah and her DH and me and my family will be there, we've been looking forward to it for so long I can't imagine not doing it! I'm planning to be between the UK and Canada around 7:00pm, I will be wearing my INTERCOT hat. I will be in a wheelchair which is why I want to get there early. Anyone is welcome to stop by whenever you feel like it. I will PM you my cell# in case you can't find us. You can also go to my homepage to see a picture so that you can recognize me.

DisneyDudet
08-29-2008, 10:28 AM
We will be going to MNSSHP on the 12, so we won't be able to make the meet. If there are any other get togethers planned, please let me know! I'd love to meet some new Icotees!

1EeyoreFan
08-30-2008, 09:49 AM
Hey all! Only a few more days until departure and now uncertainty sets in. We have had some family problems and now they are on the verge of making us cancel our trip. The storms are not helping matters either. I am employed by the Dept. of Health and may have to help open and work the special needs shelter if they open one here. It is mandatory or you get fired for not showing. HELP!

We really need a break at this point. An option would be me going it alone with DD3 but I know my heart would be elsewhere with my family. I know I would also be somewhat lonely without my DH to talk to during the day.

I hope to see you all but now it is an unpleasant wait and see game. Thanks for lending me your ears as I vent and whine.:mickey:

tinkerbellybutton
08-30-2008, 08:25 PM
We will be going to MNSSHP on the 12, so we won't be able to make the meet. If there are any other get togethers planned, please let me know! I'd love to meet some new Icotees!
Hey Morgan, we are going to be in the MK on the 14th for evening EMH. Stephanie (Mrs.Garibldi) and her DH and possibly Sarah(MMouse6937) and her DH might meet up with us also. Why don't we try to organize something for that night. Do you have any ideas?

Hey all! Only a few more days until departure and now uncertainty sets in. We have had some family problems and now they are on the verge of making us cancel our trip. The storms are not helping matters either. I am employed by the Dept. of Health and may have to help open and work the special needs shelter if they open one here. It is mandatory or you get fired for not showing. HELP!

We really need a break at this point. An option would be me going it alone with DD3 but I know my heart would be elsewhere with my family. I know I would also be somewhat lonely without my DH to talk to during the day.

I hope to see you all but now it is an unpleasant wait and see game. Thanks for lending me your ears as I vent and whine.:mickey:

Hey you, I REALLY hope you can make it, especially if you guys need a break, believe me, we know what that's like :) Please let us know. Even if you don't know ahead of time call my cell when and if you make it. I'm sure we can do another meet if your dates change or something k? I did send you my cell # right? (blonde you know, I forget) BTW, I didn't hear any whining ;)

tinkerbellybutton
08-30-2008, 08:35 PM
BTW, we are definately in for the 12th but may end up making 1 or 2 other meets at POR or another resort instead.

pianobabe
08-30-2008, 08:45 PM
I think we will be following you. We will be at MK on the 14th as well. We are still planning on meeting at Epcot on the 12th. Not too much longer to go. I am REALLY getting excited now!!

tinkerbellybutton
08-31-2008, 09:56 AM
We're getting extremely excited as well! Can't wait.
Why don't we try to get a tentative plan together for the 14th and even if I can't make it everybody else can still get together. Anybody have any ideas? We could meet somewhere and maybe go to a few attractions etc.

DisneyDudet
09-02-2008, 12:57 PM
An EMH meet would be great! I would love to try to attend! My parents aren't as social as I am, but they may not last long that evening anyway!

I know everyone has their place for Wishes, so we could meet somewhere after EMH starts? What do you think?

tinkerbellybutton
09-02-2008, 03:18 PM
Hey Morgan, I'm not sure what time EMH, Wishes, or Spectro is that night but I think we should work something out for EMH definately. I don't think it would be wise to try to find each other for a parade or fireworks, did you mean get together after wishes? I would love to work out another meet, it would be great if you can make it.

tinkerbellybutton
09-02-2008, 03:19 PM
I think we will be following you. We will be at MK on the 14th as well. We are still planning on meeting at Epcot on the 12th. Not too much longer to go. I am REALLY getting excited now!!
That's cool...:cool: don't worry, I won't seek a restraining order against the strange family that seems to be following us. ;) Can't wait!

1EeyoreFan
09-06-2008, 10:46 AM
Well we will be unable to make our trip. Famiy prevails. Even if we as planned I know our heart would not be into it. We were able to reschedule with no penalty. We are now going Oct. 4-11 in hopes that some of this will be resolved. (Living on hope and prayer for that to happen!)

Now for the silver lining to this cloud:mickey:
Since we are seasonal pass holders we were able to get a great room deal and add the dining plan. While the dining was not free as before we only had to pay an additional $165. Since the penalty to cancel so late would have been $200 we came out a little ahead and still get to go on a vacation! Now lets just hope this one is possible.

For all of you going to the meet, have a blast and maybe we will get another opportunity to meet you all!

tinkerbellybutton
09-06-2008, 11:16 AM
So sorry to hear that you won't make it but glad to hear there's a silver lining for you! Hope your trip is as magical as you deserve it to be. Have a great time. We'll miss you.

tinkerbellybutton
09-16-2008, 09:42 AM
Hey Guys, Just wanted to say that I had a great time at the meet, couldn't have asked for better group to watch Illuminations with! Thanks for being there and hope to see each and every one of you again soon.

Sarah and Mike, we had a great time riding Soarin' with you guys! Thanks those wonderful parents again fro us for staying with Carter while we rode, you are truly a VERY special family and I'm honored to call you my friend!

Mike and Rhonda, it was nice running into you several times! Let us know how you made out at OKW. Take care everybody!:thumbsup:

Monica and Kevin, It was so nice getting to know you, you two are great!

Thanks everyone for coming, talk to you soon!

tinkerbellybutton
09-17-2008, 08:25 PM

Hey Stephanie, just wanted to say that we had a blast seeing you and Mike again on the 14th,thanks for riding BTMRR with us. Hope the rest of your trip went well!

pianobabe
09-27-2008, 08:39 PM
We really enjoyed getting to meet everyone too. Perhaps we can do it again next year.

Traci,
The first 48 hours at OKW were awful. We will NOT stay there again. We don't have a problem trying another DVC, but it won't be OKW. On a positive note, it is a pretty resort. We just won't go back.

mrsgaribaldi
10-07-2008, 06:13 PM
Hey Stephanie, just wanted to say that we had a blast seeing you and Mike again on the 14th,thanks for riding BTMRR with us. Hope the rest of your trip went well!

I wish we could have been there sooner. It was great to see you and your family again. Carter is just adorable:mickey: