PDA

View Full Version : Amtrak Stations

Urbss
08-14-2008, 08:32 AM
Does anyone know what kind of options we would have getting to All Star Music from either Amtrak station (Orlando or Kissimmee)?

Thanks,
Tom

faline
08-14-2008, 09:21 AM
You could take a taxi or hire a town car service such as Quicksilver.http://www.quicksilver-tours.com/

Janmac
08-14-2008, 07:35 PM
In 1979 we took Amtrak into Orlando and rented a car. Don't recall the car rental company but we weren't very happy with the car, altho it didn't strand us anywhere. It was merely worse looking than the wrecks we had at home. The train station was sort of a wreck too. :D

In 1994 and in 1998 we took Amtrak to Kissimmee's train station. Both times we reserved with a town car service and were very happy with them, tho unfortunately they don't seem to be in business any more. The train station doesn't have many facilities but we like the neighborhood better than the Orlando station.

If you're going with a town car service, I recommend asking if they will check with Amtrak as to estimated arrival times. In 1994 our train was 5 hours late (due to hitting first a huge alligator in Alabama and then hitting a previously burned out car left on the tracks in Florida's panhandle). The town car service had been keeping updated with Amtrak and when we finally arrived, they were there waiting for us.

I don't remember if there were taxis waiting to meet the train, as there often are at stations. If you were going with the taxi, you might have to phone for one.

Jan

dizne4me
08-17-2008, 01:01 PM
We took Amtrak to Kissimmee back in 2003. What we did was had a prearranged reservation with the Hertz location in the Kissimmee Airport. When we arrived in Kissimmee train station, we called Hertz, they came out to pick us up and take us to the Hertz office (In Kissimmee Airport) to sign all the papers and we were on our way. (We had discounts thru AAA and they even gave us a very nice Crown Vic). When it was time to go back home, we drove out to Hertz office (in Kissimmee Airport) and they drove us out to the Kissimmee Train Station. Very nice service.:thumbsup: