PDA

View Full Version : Dad's Birthday Bash Pre-trip Report

TinkiTime1989
08-14-2008, 06:38 AM
Dad’s Birthday Bash

Cast of Characters:

My Mom: Marla, 44- Looking forward to a break from the real world.

My Dad: Don, 45- Hasn’t been to WDW since June of 2007. Ready to go back!

Me: Erin, 19- College sophomore, looking forward to escaping to my happy place before really diving into the school year.

Hotel- Pop Century Standard Room w/ Free Dining

The Trip
August 28- September 1
Mom and Dad will have 3 day park hopper tickets and I will have an annual pass.

Thursday, August 28: Mom and Dad will depart the Atlanta area by car around 5:00 a.m. They'll pick me up from my apartment at school around 7. Then we settle in for the long drive. Check-in at the hotel and relax for a little while. Depending on what time we get there we may go to DTD for a while. We have an ADR for Hoop-Dee-Doo at 7:15 to celebrate Dad’s 46th birthday. This is something Dad has wanted to do for a while and this will be a complete surprise for him.

Friday, August 29: We’ll most likely start our day at the MK and end it with EMH at EPCOT. We have a late dinner ADR at 9:30 for ‘Ohana at the Poly. We’ve never eaten here before and are looking forward to it. Hopefully we’ll be able to see Wishes while we’re eating too.

Saturday, August 30: We’ll start with morning EMH at DHS. The goal is to ride the new Toy Story Midway Mania. Dinner ADRs at 6:50 at Coral Reef. This is another restaurant which we have never eaten at. The atmosphere and menu are both appealing so hopefully this will be a good choice. We’ll probably head back over to DHS after dinner to catch Fantasmic!

Sunday, August 31: As this is our last day the plan is to do anything we’ve missed or want to do again. We’ll end the night with EMH at MK. No ADR’s for this day either.

Monday, September 1: Drive back to Atlanta.

We usually don’t stay onsite because we bring our dogs with us, so I’m excited to be staying at a Disney resort for once (the dogs are going to have a vacation of their own with one of my best friends here at home). As of right now we have no plans to go to AK. This park always seems to be so much hotter than the others and there isn’t a lot there that appeals to our family. This might change though. This is our first trip using the dining plan so we are trying out a few things we normally wouldn’t pay OOP for. We normally take our yearly trip in June for my birthday, but when the free dining promotion came out we decided to go for Dad’s birthday instead. This will be the first time we’ve gone as just the three of us in about 6 years as I usually have at least one friend along, but I‘m looking forward to spending a few days with Mom and Dad before I really settle back down into the school routine.

14 DAYS!! :mickey3:

MauiMouse
08-14-2008, 08:28 AM
Have a fantastic time, Erin! Enjoy the World! :mickey:

DizNee143
08-14-2008, 10:50 AM
i hope you and your family have a wonderful vacation!! :mickey:

faline
08-14-2008, 11:39 AM
Fun way to celebrate your dad's birthday! Have a great time!

Lizzie
08-14-2008, 12:14 PM
Have a great trip!

KatMark
08-14-2008, 01:56 PM
Have a great trip. Be sure to get a birthday button for your dad. We arrive the day you depart. Good luck at school too!

MississippiDisneyFreak
08-14-2008, 03:44 PM
Can't wait to see your trip reports:mickey:

ChipnDaleGal
08-15-2008, 10:02 AM
What a nice family trip before you have to get back into the school groove. I am sure your parents will love having you all to themselves for a few days. Have fun! :mickey:

yjgirl32
08-15-2008, 12:03 PM
Sounds like you have planned a very nice trip. Hope your Dad has a very magical evening. Have fun.

p.s. I loved the Coral Reef.