PDA

View Full Version : Campfire at Grand Floridian??

KAT1811
08-13-2008, 02:45 PM
I just read on another site that the Grand Floridian is now offering a campfire on the beach Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 8:00pm. Supposedly at the campfire the CMs will lead the guests in singing and dancing. There will also be smores and marshmallow kits avaliable and then at 9:00pm the EWP. The fire pit is supposed to be in the shape of a Mickey head. I was wondering if anyone else heard about it or has any more info. I'd love to hear more about this. We are staying at the GF in November and the kids would get a kick out of this. They love to roast marshmallows (in our chiminea) so the thought of being on the beach at WDW would be a blast and would give them something to do while we wait for the EWP.

ibrowse17
08-13-2008, 03:01 PM
Sounds like what they already offer at FW and the Y&BC. It would not surprise me if they have started this at GF as well, as it is a fun thing for the whole family:thumbsup:

TammiMcMan
08-13-2008, 03:03 PM
Kat, I haven't heard anything about that yet, but it wouldn't surprise me. The campfire on the beach has been a big success at the BC/YC, not to mention all those years at FW.

Singing and dancing on the beach isn't the first vision that comes to mind when I think about the GF, but maybe this will convince people that it's not the stuffy place they think it is :party:.

KAT1811
08-13-2008, 03:16 PM
Singing and dancing on the beach isn't the first vision that comes to mind when I think about the GF, but maybe this will convince people that it's not the stuffy place they think it is :party:.

No I guess it isn't the first thing that comes to mind for me either. I hope more people give the GF a chance (or not for selfish reasons. LOL!). I think the GF intimidates many but hopefully this event will help people see that the GF is just another WDW resort with superior service that welcomes families just like any other resort. My children would love to have some entertainment on the beach while we wait for the EWP. Plus I LOVE smores (and will be 5 months pregnant on our next trip)!!!

TammiMcMan
08-13-2008, 03:25 PM
I just got the newsletter in my e-mail box that mentions the new campfire program. It sounds like it's just started and that's probably why we haven't seen any more information yet. Hopefully we'll start seeing some reviews soon.

I wonder if they will do something similar at the Poly.

tikiman
08-13-2008, 03:36 PM
Yes I had someone tell me a few weeks ago they had a camp fire on the beach at the Polynesian and toasted marshmellows

TammiMcMan
08-13-2008, 03:39 PM
Thanks for the confirmation about the Poly Steve. What a great addition to both those resorts.

Mousemates
08-13-2008, 04:28 PM
Yes I had someone tell me a few weeks ago they had a camp fire on the beach at the Polynesian and toasted marshmellows

cool...sounds like a great prelude/postlude to watching fireworks over the MK.

Mousemates
08-13-2008, 04:32 PM

Is the GF beach party "black tie" or "business casual"? :mickey:

KAT1811
08-13-2008, 04:40 PM
Is the GF beach party "black tie" or "business casual"? :mickey:

Black tie optional. LOL! :silly: :laughing:

hlkeck
08-13-2008, 04:51 PM
We are planning on trying this out mid-September and will let you know how it is!

TammiMcMan
08-13-2008, 10:14 PM
Thanks hlkeck. I'm curious if it's open to all resort guests or limited to those staying there. It's not a huge area, but I guess if it's working at the other resorts, that they'll have it all figured out for the Poly and GF as well.

KAT1811
08-13-2008, 10:23 PM
We are planning on trying this out mid-September and will let you know how it is!

Looking forward to hearing how you liked it! Have a great trip!!