PDA

View Full Version : Menu Discrepancies

Figment78
08-13-2008, 01:44 PM
For anyone who has dined at the following restaurants lately, please help me figure out which menus are the most up to date! There are discrepancies between menus on this site and another site. Sometimes one will include something that the other will not, other times the accompaniments are different... Specifically, I'm looking at the following restaurants and menu items:

California Grill - America's Chocolate Cake, Beef Filet (BBQ sauce or Blue Cheese Sauce), Gnocchi

Mama Melrose's - Oven-Roasted Baked Chicken
stuffed with Prosciutto, Spinach, and Fontina Cheese Over Wild Mushroom Risotto

Citricos - Halibut w/asparagus, mushrooms, and red pepper capers, Paprika and Honey-marinated Pork Tenderloin

Rose & Crown - Chicken Pastry

Thanks in advance!

ChipDale2708
08-13-2008, 03:12 PM
May I also add a request for confirmation on Mamma Melrose's Chicken Parmagian for lunch? I've been looking at DHS menus and seen discrepancies as well. We made ADR's someplace else because we didn't see the chicken on Mamma's. Thanks for clarifying!!

Goes4FastPass
08-13-2008, 06:26 PM
I think Intercot and those other guys do a great job in trying to keep menus current.

I'm sure there a central menu database somewhere at Disney World and even it can't keep up with every detail.

If you look at the fansites to get an idea of what's at the restaurant to help you decide to go there you're (no pun intended) cooking.

If you're planning your WDW vacation down to the point of whether Mama Melrose has Chicken Parm (which they may be OUT of the day you go there) or not you're planning to be disappointed.

And remember Pizza isn't on the kid's menu at Pizzafari!

wendy*darling
08-14-2008, 12:29 AM
:ditto: The menus at all Disney restaurants are subject to change at any time, without notice.

The menus on this site (and others) are provided by our readers. So if no Intercot readers have dined at a particular establishment in a while- the menu may be a tad "aged."
But just remember that the whole point of the menu section is to provide you with an idea of what to expect as far as type of cuisine and approximate costs.
Menus will change often to include seasonal produce, etc. Sauces may change just to mix things up a bit.

Also- know that WDW chefs are anxious to ensure you have a good dining experience. If you have dietary restrictions or allergies- speak with the chef. If you want a sauce on the side (or not at all)- just ask your server. They truly are willing to accommodate as best as they can.

Just avoid trying to use the menus on this (or any other) site as the "official" menu for any restaurant.

JPL
08-14-2008, 01:02 AM
The Menus have become impossible to keep up with especially since the DDP is constantly causing the restaurants to tweak them to keep their profit margins up. I have seen items deleted and added within the same week when I have been at WDW. I would use any of the menus on this site or any other strictly as a guide to the type of food to expect and the restaurants signature dishes that are less likely to change.

Figment78
08-14-2008, 10:43 AM
Ok. Thanks. I was just trying to get a feel for which was more current and thought that by identifying some of the differences, a recent diner might be able to help.

Yes I know that these menus are not official. And I know that they are subject to change and should be used as a guide. I have no problem with that. I was just wondering which was more current. Perhaps if all sites labeled the menus with "updated on" dates, it would be easier.

thanks again! I will check <another> site as most current. (or according to their posted dates).

ChipDale2708
08-14-2008, 11:01 AM
If you're planning your WDW vacation down to the point of whether Mama Melrose has Chicken Parm (which they may be OUT of the day you go there) or not you're planning to be disappointed.

Not planning my vacation down to the exact dish to eat - I'd be happy w/ a Mickey ice cream bar B, L & D, but we have never been to Mamma's and had seen that dish, like it, and thought we'd like to try it there. Good grief, I can't plan dinner for tonight never mind three months down the road.

Laura670
08-14-2008, 04:58 PM
For anyone who has dined at the following restaurants lately, please help me figure out which menus are the most up to date! There are discrepancies between menus on this site and another site. Sometimes one will include something that the other will not, other times the accompaniments are different... Specifically, I'm looking at the following restaurants and menu items:

California Grill - America's Chocolate Cake, Beef Filet (BBQ sauce or Blue Cheese Sauce), Gnocchi

Mama Melrose's - Oven-Roasted Baked Chicken
stuffed with Prosciutto, Spinach, and Fontina Cheese Over Wild Mushroom Risotto

Citricos - Halibut w/asparagus, mushrooms, and red pepper capers, Paprika and Honey-marinated Pork Tenderloin

Rose & Crown - Chicken Pastry

Thanks in advance!

Hi I sent you a PM as to where you will be able to get some updated menus

MuchLovedMama
08-14-2008, 05:39 PM
And remember Pizza isn't on the kid's menu at Pizzafari!

Things like this irritate me. I had this on the agenda but now I'm second guessing. I've read the children's menus at many different websites but I guess I overlooked this. My DD will be happy with PB&J but I know my son's gonna want pizza. Grrr! Why do they do that? Very irritating.