PDA

View Full Version : Old Key West

MushuGrl
08-13-2008, 11:38 AM
Per no mods available for us the week we're going, looks like we're staying at Old Key West!

I've gotten excited as I really wanted to stay somewhere new, and it's definately new for us.

How big is the resort? How does it compare to, say, CBR in size?

ThanxForNoticin
08-13-2008, 12:19 PM
I know the exact details regarding size are available, but I don't have them! In general, OKW is large and pretty spread out, similar to CBR. But OKW is so much nicer in several ways. First, the rooms are larger. Also, the studio rooms at OKW have a mini-kitchen type of set up, including a microwave, coffee maker, and fridge. The entertainment area at OKW is a lot of fun - it includes tennis courts, ping pong, shuffle board, basketball, an arcade, bike rentals, and a dock where you can catch a boat to DTD. We love OKW, and I hope you enjoy it, too.

Maleficent's Dad
08-13-2008, 02:17 PM
OKW is a large resort - and your comparison to CBR is not far off base. But as the previous poster stated, it's very different.

OKW is set up for people who plan to spend time at the resort - and for longer periods of time. The main pool area is great with lots going on during the day. There's a marina, arcade, locker room, Community Hall, rental area (bikes and more), basketball courts, tennis courts, playground, kiddie pool, restaurant, take-out window, and fitness center.

Keep in mind, however, that many - if not most - rooms at OKW can be a bit of a trek from the main area.

A relaxing resort that really allows you to get away from the hustle-and-bustle of the parks. Most rooms have great views of golf/water.

Any specific questions, let me know. :mickey:

disneylovinmom
08-13-2008, 02:23 PM
You will love OKW. It is very beautiful and much more laid back than most resorts. It is a very large resort, but it does have an internal resort shuttle. You will not want to stay in a regular hotel room again after your stay at OKW.

Lucyrella
08-13-2008, 07:42 PM
We stayed there last year and absolutely loved it. We had 2 small children so being able to park right in front of our villa was wonderful. There is so much to do, and it is just a great place to be lazy in. The space of our 1 bedroom was unbelievable and the staff was very nice. We really enjoyed the cinnamon rolls. The bus service was plentiful, and easy to get to DTD and the other parks.

MushuGrl
08-14-2008, 10:42 AM
CINNAMON ROLLS?!

Oh yeah. I'm WAY psyched now.

Thanks for all your comments! I'm super excited now!