PDA

View Full Version : Character Dining without Kids

blueyedprincess
08-13-2008, 10:33 AM
My fiance and I are going to WDW next year and we're thinking about doing a character dining experience. Right now, the choice seems to be lunch at Crystal Palace (he's a really picky eater and Pooh and his friends are some of my favorite characters).

My question is would it be creepy of us to go with no kids? Has anyone else done this?

Seasonscraps
08-13-2008, 10:45 AM
Of course it's not creepy!!! Go! Have Fun!

DH & I went to lots of character meals without kids.

DDuck66
08-13-2008, 10:49 AM
My DW and I go to character events all the time and we do not have any kids. The Crystal Palace is really nice...You will love it. Have Fun!!!

deedeebee
08-13-2008, 11:06 AM
:thumbsup:GO!! Have fun! Disney is for everyone, enjoy. Not creepy at all!

vicster
08-13-2008, 11:15 AM
Our kids are grown and we still do character dining without kids. Go and have fun!!!

Urbss
08-13-2008, 11:25 AM
Character Dining is for kids of All Ages!!

My favorite without kids was at Chef Mickey's for breakfast.

faline
08-13-2008, 11:36 AM
Go! You'll see lots of other couples there without kids - including my husband and myself!

ibelieveindisneymagic
08-13-2008, 11:52 AM
Go and enjoy!!

DH and I went to character meals on our honeymoon, and had a great time.

On our last trip, there was a newly engaged couple right beside us at CP...and we took pictures of them with every character!:thumbsup:

Minnie Imagineer
08-13-2008, 01:13 PM
Ditto with everyone. It's not weird at all!

:mickey:

BeccaO
08-13-2008, 02:23 PM
You would be surprised how many couples you see at character meals without kids! Go and enjoy yourself, you won't be dissapointed!!! Crystal Palace is fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!:thumbsup:

BlueDorrie
08-13-2008, 03:20 PM
DH and I have no children and we feel no shame in going to character meals especially at Crystal Palace. The food is too good to miss.

Aggie97
08-13-2008, 03:31 PM
My husband and I do not have kids and definitely enjoy character meals. It's a great way to get photos with characters without having to stand in any lines! :mickey:

IloveDisney71
08-13-2008, 10:00 PM
My DH and I did the CP and LTT without children. We had a great time and got some great pictures with the characters. :mickey: Go and have fun!

joanna71985
08-13-2008, 10:24 PM
My question is would it be creepy of us to go with no kids? Has anyone else done this?

Of course not!! I have eaten at CP, LTT, GG, CM, CRT, and Norway by myself. It is a lot of fun to eat at a character meal, just as much for adults as it is for kids. Have fun!!:thumbsup:

GrmGrninGost
08-13-2008, 10:32 PM
Not a problem! We see it all the time! Age is not a factor when it comes to love of the Disney characters! I get just as excited (more actually) about the characters than my children. We saw Launchpad McQuack at AK last year and I was running and yelling, "hey look! It's Launchpad! Probably scared the poor fellow! Anyway, if you like the characters, go for it! :mickey:

brownie
08-14-2008, 02:14 PM
Not only have we gone to character meals without our kids (and before kids), we've gone to Disney World without our kids twice now. Take in a character meal and enjoy it, nothing creepy about it. I think you'll find you won't be the only ones there without kids anyway.

wire0monkey
08-14-2008, 02:40 PM
This is actually a really good idea because it lets you get pictures with your favorite characters. You can eat while you wait for the characters to come around and you waste as much time standing in line for pictures.

I highly recommend Cape May Cafe, too, btw, if you like Minnie and Friends. The food is good and it's very relaxed.

Figment104
08-14-2008, 03:20 PM
My DH and I try to go to at least 2 if not 3 character meals every trip and we don't have kids. Characters are for all ages so go and have a great time just like everyone else said! :mickey:

Mousemates
08-14-2008, 03:37 PM
Nope, its not creepy at all, just a whole lot of fun...go and enjoy it.

Natazu
08-14-2008, 05:04 PM
We've been doing character meals by ourselves for years. The characters have this amazing ability to communicate with adult-only tables and make you feel welcome, comfortable, and part of the magic. I remember an 'Ohana breakfast where Mickey came over and berated Rachel for eating Mickey-head waffles, then went and argued with the manager about serving them. Pretty amazing for a college kid in a mouse suit that can't talk.

Daddy Mouse
08-14-2008, 07:38 PM
We are planning a few character meals while we are there. We only live once, do the things that make you happy. If a character meal is what you want and will make you happy, then do it. Do not worry about other people and what they think. Who knows, you might inspire other couple without kids to go to character meals.

JasonH
08-15-2008, 12:33 AM
Don't feel weird at all about going without kids. I've had the opportunity on a couple occasions to go to WDW solo style...why?...b/c I'm single and I don't have kids and I saved enough money to go by myself rather than with the rest of the fam(parents and brother at the time). Needless to say, I had the best time of my life doing the trip. Now although I didn't eat at Crystal Palace, I DID however get to eat at LTT for dinner. I never had so much character interaction in my life. Even Chip got to sit down for a couple minutes and "chat" with me. So go, have fun....and be a kid yourself!!

WDW&MK
08-15-2008, 08:37 PM
We've done character meals! DH and I have no kids and we've been to Crystal Palace twice and I went to Garden Grill at Epcot once for character meals. We loved the Crystal Palace (DH loves Tigger and I love Pooh and Eeyore!!). We had a blast. Got great pics. The only problem is that I'm as bad as a little kid!! I am so into watching the characters interact with other guests and waiting for them to come to my table that I forget to eat :blush: . Food was very good as well (what I ate of it).
Also, we were not the only ones without kids at any of the meals, so you won't feel out of place.

Kisobel
08-16-2008, 04:33 AM
consider us creeps then, we enjoy the characters. i like the interaction at meals because sometimes i feel guilt if i'm standing in line to see a character and i don't have any kids.

kate

andreallybadeggs
08-16-2008, 10:33 AM
You might also enjoy 1900 Park (in the Grand Fla)
am has Pooh, Alice and one of the characters who does as well if not better with adults than children...Mad Hatter!
pm you can get a dose of Tremaines...Cinderella's step sisters. Hysterical!
Have fun.