PDA

View Full Version : Changing flight schedules

rookie
08-13-2008, 10:25 AM
I had read in earlier posts about the woes of people finding out their flights had changed with Delta and AirTran sounding like the biggest culprits. So I decided to check up on my upcoming Airtran flight and guess what - my 2 hour direct flight was now a 6 hour excursion with a layover. Thanks to this forum i checked the status because AirTran did not feel to need to notify me.

Happy ending - I cancelled my reservations and rebooked on Southwest. Net gain $15 and 3.5 hours for the original plan:thumbsup:

faline
08-13-2008, 10:54 AM
Glad it worked out for you! With the airline industry in its current state, folks really need to stay on top of their flight reservations - so to speak!!

Gregandmel
08-13-2008, 11:28 AM
Glad you checked when you did and were able to reschedule!!! We were originally on a direct flight with Midwest, and then the flight times were changed once, then 3 months later, the flight was completely cancelled due to their reorganization (actually I had a choice of flying into Milwalkee, then changing airlines, then arriving in Orlando at 6:30pm instead of our original 10:45am!!!) So - we switched to Southwest and I"m pretty comfy with their reputation, but I still check everyday!!!!