PDA

View Full Version : Spectromagic Not Running

Jul
08-12-2008, 09:50 PM
My brother is down in the World as we speak (just got off the phone with him - got to listen to Spectromagic!!!) Anyway, I don't know how reputable the source is, but he was told that after tomorrow nights parade, 7/13, that Spectromagic will not be running until further notice. :shrug:I know I have heard this rumor before. They will be doing work on the Liberty Square bridge. I thought that they were going to run a modified parade. :unsure:

Anyway, I was just wondering if this will also effect the 3pm parade. What about MNSSHP? Maybe it will be done in time. Hoping so as I am going down 9/20-9/26.

Anyone heard anymore on this?

(The CM also said that they were going to start stringing the Christmas lights on the castle this week.)

Aggie97
08-12-2008, 10:05 PM
I believe Spectromagic is not running August 15-29.... :mickey:

Figment!
08-12-2008, 10:43 PM
From Tidbits July 2008 (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=137121)

Spectroblackout

7/708 Due to construction work on the Liberty Square bridge, the Magic Kingdom has announced Spectromagic will be dark August 15 through August 29, 2008. During this time the park will offer an additional 7:00 pm showing of the Disney Dreams Come True Parade. Due to the loss of the bridge, Entertainment Cast have also reported that the parade route is currently planned to be altered to begin on Main Street USA, loop around The Hub, and return down Main Street USA during this time period.

Jul
08-12-2008, 11:18 PM
OOPS!!!! :blush:

I knew I read it somewhere!!!!

** walks away with tail between her legs ** :tiptoe:

WinnipegDisneyFanatic
08-13-2008, 01:47 AM
OOPS!!!! :blush:

I knew I read it somewhere!!!!

** walks away with tail between her legs ** :tiptoe:

Phew! I'm glad I'm not the only one with a tail :blush:

Chris :hatter:

CaptainJessicaSparrow
08-13-2008, 02:36 AM
I'd like to add:

They are cutting several segments from the parade while it's on the this schedule. A lot of the walking units are going to be coming out, and some of the floats are coming out. There isn't enough room around the Hub for all the floats.

So Mickey will wait at the end of the Hub closest to Main Street for the rest of the parade to clear before going down the street again.

The only thing I can think of with the two parades is having some floats the first time, and different ones the second time. That would be cool.

chefmickey3
08-13-2008, 09:04 AM
Why isn't it in the times guide then?

I am Jul's sister in law in Disney World now. The times guide for 8/10-16 lists Spectro Magic at 9 and 11 for Sunday, Monday, Tuesday and 9pm for Wednesday and Thursday.

Not good information. Glad we didn't miss it last night.

Main Street Jim
08-13-2008, 09:24 AM
The times guide for 8/10-16 lists Spectro Magic at 9 and 11 for Sunday, Monday, Tuesday and 9pm for Wednesday and ThursdayRight...and the 15th is Friday, which is the first night Spectro's not scheduled to run, which is also NOT listed in your schedule that you just posted ;) Spectro will not run from the 15th through the 29th.

Two "day" parades; the first one at 3:00pm and the second one at 7:00pm.

This is gonna be interesting...LOL

chefmickey3
08-13-2008, 10:25 AM
I was told by Marc at CRT that tonight is the last night for SpectroMagic. I guess the source is wrong.

joanna71985
08-13-2008, 10:28 PM
All I can say is that I feel bad for the Main Street PAC people. This is going to make Main Street a madhouse.

Main Street Jim
08-13-2008, 10:58 PM
All I can say is that I feel bad for the Main Street PAC people. This is going to make Main Street a madhouse. I was gonna say the same thing; with the parade coming BACK DOWN Main Street after looping in the Hub, it's gonna be darn near impossible to keep the street cleared after the parade makes its first pass...

CaptainJessicaSparrow
08-14-2008, 12:43 AM
Glad I'm not there....of course, I also get no night PAC since it's not in Liberty Square now.