PDA

View Full Version : Cruise Questions?!?!?!??!

honeebee86
08-12-2008, 08:34 PM
I am going on a 4-nights cruise in Nov. with my fiance. It will be our first cruise ever so I do have a few questions.

1. What is Pirate's night and where is it held?

2. Can you and do people dress up (like really dress up) to the Golden Mickeys? - think it would be fun to go all out:mickey:

3. Other than the dining rotation for dinner, are you free to eat where ever you want for breakfast and dinner.

4. Do you have to pay for snacks and what kinds do they offer?

5. What food do you recommend trying at Palo?

Thank you all so much!

honeebee86
08-12-2008, 08:35 PM
oops on question number three I meant breakfast and lunch. Silly me:funny:

Walt Lucas
08-12-2008, 09:49 PM
I'm with you on this one. My first time too in November :D

RobWreck
08-12-2008, 10:10 PM
I am going on a 4-nights cruise in Nov. with my fiance. It will be our first cruise ever so I do have a few questions.

1. What is Pirate's night and where is it held?

2. Can you and do people dress up (like really dress up) to the Golden Mickeys? - think it would be fun to go all out:mickey:

3. Other than the dining rotation for dinner, are you free to eat where ever you want for breakfast and dinner.

4. Do you have to pay for snacks and what kinds do they offer?

5. What food do you recommend trying at Palo?

Thank you all so much!

1) Pirate Night is the best themed nigh of them all. :D On the 4 nite cruise, I believe it's the 3rd nite... the menu at all the rotational restaurants is the same pirate-themed menu, there's the deck party and the all the assorted fun that goes along with it. MANY people dress up in pirate costumes for the party, not just kids...

2) I haven't seen anyone actually dress up for the Golden Mickey's, but there's no reason why you couldn't. IIRC, the Golden Mickey's are the 2nd nite of the 4 day cruise... is that semi-formal note? If so, you'll be able to kill 2 birds with 1 stone...

3) Yep, breakfast and lunch wherever you want... (at least that's how I remember it).

4) If you mean fast food type snacks (hot dogs, piza, hamburgers, etc...), no they're included (either via room service or the fast food stands up on Deck 9 by the pools). If you mean things like chocolate bars and potato chips, I think those may be for sale in one of the stores or outside the movie theatre.

5) Whatever sounds good to you... everything we had was great (but make sure to get the chocolate souffle (sp?) for dessert...

Enjoy,
Rob

TammiMcMan
08-13-2008, 02:40 AM
I'm just going to update some of the things that Rob reported on. Some of the nights have changed.

1. What is Pirate's night and where is it held?Pirate's night is sort of a two-fold party. It's currently on the 2nd night of your cruise and starts with a special menu in your assigned restaurant. All the restaurants have the same menu that night and you'll repeat the same restaurant on the following night, so don't worry about missing anything that would be found on their regular menu. At 9:45pm, the Pirate Party is held up on deck 9. It includes fireworks, which is pretty cool. I believe they've also gone back to the late night buffet, which starts at 10:45pm.

2. Can you and do people dress up (like really dress up) to the Golden Mickeys? - think it would be fun to go all out:mickey:Guests normally just dress according to the recommended evening attire for that night. The Golden Mickey show is currently on the 1st night, which is cruise casual. Although you'll find that many guests don't get dressed up at all, you should feel free to go all out if you want to.

3. Other than the dining rotation for dinner, are you free to eat where ever you want for breakfast and dinner.Yes, dining for breakfast and lunch are open seating. Usually for breakfast, you have a choice of continental breakfast through room service, the buffet, Parrot Cay or Tritons. Just be sure to check the dining times on your Navigator, as they do vary by restaurant. For lunch, usually the buffet and Tritons is open (again check the posted hours), in addition to the "take out" choices on deck 9 and room service. If you don't want to eat in your assigned restaurant, you can go to the buffet, order through room service or Plutos Dog House for take out.

4. Do you have to pay for snacks and what kinds do they offer?The only snacks you have to pay extra for, are those offered in the gift shop, snacks outside the movie theatre and some items on the room service menu (M&M's, popcorn, peanuts). There's ice cream up on deck 9, in addition to room service (cookies, cake, fruit bowl, etc) and most of the lounges offer a small late night buffet. All dining options are on the Navigator.

5. What food do you recommend trying at Palo?I thought the pizza's were excellent, loved the risotto and the beef tenderloin. We were lucky enough to eat here for all the nights of our 4 night cruise and after having my favorites on the first night, I went with the Chefs special after that and was never disappointed. If you enjoy an after dinner drink, the espresso martini is luscious :cloud9:.

goofynmd
08-13-2008, 09:47 PM
I thought the pizza's were excellent, loved the risotto and the beef tenderloin. We were lucky enough to eat here for all the nights of our 4 night cruise and after having my favorites on the first night, I went with the Chefs special after that and was never disappointed. If you enjoy an after dinner drink, the espresso martini is luscious :cloud9:.

Is the menu at Palo the same each night? I have been trying to get a reservation almost every day since our window opened and it never shows that there is availability.

TammiMcMan
08-13-2008, 10:02 PM
Is the menu at Palo the same each night? I have been trying to get a reservation almost every day since our window opened and it never shows that there is availability.Yes, other than the Chefs special for that evening, the menu remains the same.

They only put a limited number of Palo reservations into their on line system. The others are held and can be booked when you first get on the ship. Usually there is a dining change area set up in one of the adult nightclubs. Just get in the line for Palo reservations and although you may not get your first choice, they do try to ensure that everyone gets an opportunity to experience Palo.

Walt Lucas
08-21-2008, 12:48 PM
Since this thread is for cruise questions, i'll post one here. Does anyone know if there's Irons available in the rooms? I'm going to be staying in a Deluxe Stateroom with Navigator's Verandah. If theres none in the rooms, are they available?

Ed
08-21-2008, 04:28 PM
Since this thread is for cruise questions, i'll post one here. Does anyone know if there's Irons available in the rooms? I'm going to be staying in a Deluxe Stateroom with Navigator's Verandah. If theres none in the rooms, are they available?

No, there are no irons in the staterooms, and they ask that you NOT bring one with you; there is limited electrical capacity in the staterooms. Irons ARE available in the laundry rooms.

Walt Lucas
08-22-2008, 04:03 PM
Thanks that helps. I'm having dinner at Palo and don't want to look like a wrinkled mess. :blush:

Walt Lucas
08-23-2008, 04:05 PM
another question, I'm going to be sailing the first week in November, what's the temperature like and how should i pack, clothing wise?

TammiMcMan
08-23-2008, 10:04 PM
Thanks that helps. I'm having dinner at Palo and don't want to look like a wrinkled mess. :blush:You can head to your closest laundry room and iron it yourself, or you can arrange to have it done through the laundry service. If I remember correctly, it was only a few dollars for the pressing, but you need to check the in/out hours to be sure you have it back in time for dinner.