PDA

View Full Version : I'm going to Dinseyland!!

Patricia
08-12-2008, 06:27 PM
Some of you may already know.. some of you don't.

I'm going to be running (or some version of moving.. crawling if required) in the Disneyland Half Marathon on August 31st.

I can't wait to high five Mickey as I zip past him. :mickey:

If your in the area on Saturday, August 30th, (rest my feet day) I'll be using that day for lazy meets. I'm hoping to get Cat to come out.

Anyone else up for a cookie boat or maybe Mickey shaped Beignets? So many choices.. oh.. and some even include non dessert items.

:blush:

BronxTigger
08-12-2008, 07:52 PM
Good luck!

JPL
08-13-2008, 12:38 AM
Good Luck Patti :thumbsup:

I would say Break a leg but I am afraid you might :medic:

If you do trip or should I say when you trip :razz: try not to take out any other runners with you.

Would this be a good time to ask for presents :D

RenDuran
08-13-2008, 07:13 AM
Good luck! And have fun!:)

TinkRocks
08-13-2008, 11:48 AM
Good luck Patti!

Wish I could be there to cheer you on & to meet & greet, but will be thinking of you...

Those in the area will have to take pics of our VMK characters for a mini-cheering section!

Patricia
08-13-2008, 12:18 PM
Thanks for the well wishes!

JP, you can ask for gifts at any time. Have I sent the last gift yet?

mickeytinkerbellprincess
08-13-2008, 03:13 PM
That's so cool, patti! :D Good luck running and eat plenty of mickey-shaped desserts for me :P

JPL
08-13-2008, 07:10 PM
JP, you can ask for gifts at any time. Have I sent the last gift yet?

Hmm the last batch of gifts never made it here :( Maybe I will have better luck this time ;)

wizardmickey
08-14-2008, 12:00 AM
Run like the wind!
And save me a spoonful of them nummie-nums!
Oh wait, forgot, me no can eatie right now.
Ah, enjoy them for me then!
And good luck!

chrisb26
08-14-2008, 02:31 AM
Thats awesome Patti! I hope you have a great trip and good luck!! :number1:

If you do trip or should I say when you trip :razz: try not to take out any other runners with you.

Shouldn't you tell her to take out the other runners? I mean if she does that and is able to get up quickly then she could be in front of them all. That way they couldn't pass her up ;)

Also Patti we will expect a trip report and Please let it be faster then Jp's which I might add still isn't finished.

Patricia
08-14-2008, 11:44 AM
Oh gosh!

I don't think I've ever done a trip report.. if I ever did, i doubt I finished it.

I am taking a laptop.. so, I'll try to write as I go.

trackbarroness
08-18-2008, 05:04 AM
Looking forward to your trip report patti.
Those Beignets look tastier then the ones they have here at the French Quarter of Port Orleans. :D I'll be chearing you on from WDW, and I hope you'll be able to hear me. :D Lololol

See.low
08-21-2008, 09:48 PM
Wheeee Patti! Can't wait to squeeze you!

JPL
08-23-2008, 12:32 AM
Wheeee Patti! Can't wait to squeeze you!

In the Immortal words of Mr Wipple

Please don't squeeze the Patti!

Or was that the Charmin :confused:

Randypandy
08-23-2008, 03:23 AM
I registered the other day to help out with a half marathon and a full marathon in january at WDW. I did it last year as well and we get a free disney ticket for each day we help out. All we do is hand out water and gatorade to the runners as they pass by. It's fun though except for getting up at 2 or 3 in the morning to help out. If anyone is running in this let me know. :)

Patricia
08-23-2008, 01:54 PM
Oh yeah.. that getting up so early stinks.

See.low! I'm going to squeeze you back!

Ok.. some news so your not all too disappointed in me.

After having, what I thought was a bad stitch, during training.. I finally decided it was going on too long. Last week I was able to see a physiotherapist for advise on stretching it out.. but he had a feeling something was not right. :( He was able to convince a Sports Doctor to squeeze me in before I leave the Country and run 13 miles. It was this Doctor who, just this week (sigh), is convinced I have a rare Spigelian hernia. What does this mean? It means I'll have a slower finish time than I anticipated. He suggested I skip the marathon (is he crazy?) or walk the whole way.. but said if I insist, I can run till it hurts, stop and walk for ten minutes.. run till it hurts again.. etc. Basically, I have to take it easy and let my pain guide me. I've already told See.low she has to wait for me at the finish line reunion area. (I wonder if it's too much to expect her to be holding an (icy) virgin Pina Colada for me at 9 in the morning?)

The good news. Yesterday I was able to run for almost an hour, at a slower pace than normal, before I had pain.. so, I'm hopeful. If nothing else, I can walk a 14 minute mile and will still finish in less than 3 hours. :mickey:

Jp, don't panic, this should have no effect on your gift. Maybe Cat will even help me pick it out. Hehe.

:shop:

See.low
08-23-2008, 02:32 PM
Aww patti! Looks like I'm going to have to squeeze a little softer.

I too, have not had the training I need. It was really difficult to find time and places I felt safe to run by myself in Argentina leaving me with 2 and half weeks of no training. :(
I hope to put in a few miles this week so I can at least run a good portion of it. That being said, I might just be needing you to wait for me at the finish line with a pomegranate martini..hold the virgin.

I am most excited about our dinner. Can't wait to bring you to my favorite place in the park and cheers a little :wine: to our victory. :D
-See

mickeytinkerbellprincess
08-24-2008, 10:38 AM
Sorry about that stitch, patti! Don't push yourself too hard! :pixie: We'll be cheering for you here :)

Patricia
08-24-2008, 05:16 PM
I ran 5 miles this morning.. with only two short 3 minute walks and I felt like I could have kept running. Tuesday will be my last big run day.. I plan to run for 2 hours and see how many miles I cover. :)

If I slow down my pace, I seem to have less trouble and better time in the end. My problem is I tend to speed up and cause the pain to flare up leaving me walking too often.. apparently, I need a pace bunny with me at all times.

:blush:

See.low, there is no way I'll beat you. You've have been hiking in the jungle for training. Personally, I'm hoping we'll cross the finish line together. I can't wait to celebrate with you! :wine:

Alligirl
08-24-2008, 07:35 PM
Oh Patti! I am so impressed!! Have a great time but please be careful, dont push yourself too hard! See, sounds like you had a great vacation in (VMK speak) the place that says Hola!;)
Now you girls have fun toasting yourselves at the restaurant we will be sending best wishes!!:thumbsup:

~Allison

Patricia
08-26-2008, 06:19 PM
Whee! I'm packing my bags.

My computer is needed here at home as some of us have to stay home and keep working.. but I will try to keep notes about the trip details. So, maybe there will be a report later.. I'll be sure to keep the details of our Club33 Victory dinner!

This time tomorrow I'll be in Disneyland looking forward to our dinner at Blue Bayou.. Yum!

JPL
08-26-2008, 09:21 PM
Umm I thought you were going to say shopping for presents for poor figgiefig who will be stuck at work :(

Alligirl
08-26-2008, 09:34 PM
I want a lot of pictures Miss Patti!!!!!!!:thumbsup:

You have fun now ya hear?!:mickey:

chrisb26
08-26-2008, 09:45 PM
Have a great trip Patti! :mickey:

mickeytinkerbellprincess
08-26-2008, 10:38 PM
Have an awesome trip Patti! :D Have fun! :)

Randypandy
08-26-2008, 11:01 PM
have fun patti. Don't overdo it on the race though. Be sure to take pictures for us. Have a nice dessert and tell us what they have there in food. Are you going to be running in any marathons at WDW? I will be helping out in a marathon in January. 2 of them actually. I'm getting a free WDW ticket for each day i help out. :thedolls:

terri.m
08-27-2008, 09:32 AM
Have a wonderful time Patti!!

If you see someone on the side of the road holding a timmy's cup in one hand and a suitcase in the other it's me waiting to be picked up ;)

Patricia
08-30-2008, 01:35 AM
Tea where were you??

So, yeah... I'm in Disneyland. So far our trip is rockin'. I was even able to arrange a little ride on the Lilly Belle for us. I just now came back to my room after watching The Main Street Electrical Parade. We were planning to see Fantasmic after.. but the insane crush of people running from CA to Disneyland changed our mind for us. We'll see it Sunday instead.

Blue Bayou was great..I shared the jumbo ribs and afterwards all six of us shared a cookie boat. I can't tell you my amusement watching them try to decide if the sail was edible or not. By the time we left, it was in little pieces all over the plate. Our waitor was excellent.

Tonight we had dinner at Rainforest Cafe. Every thing was tasting pretty good after that Rainbow Colada thingy I had. :)

Patricia
08-30-2008, 01:50 AM
Oops, my phone froze. I only have a few minutes left til it dies.

Did I mention I saw Cat this morning? Of course it was complicated by an eye infection I seemed to have picked up. Cat, whom was only staying an hour, ended up driving me to a clinic to see a Doctor. I told her to leave me there to walk back but she waited for me and drove me to the Grand Californian. Thanks Cat for looking after me. :) (Yes JP, we shopped.)

Tomorrow I'll be heading to the health and fitness expo at the Disneyland Hotel. I need to pick up my number for the run. I'll probably roam Disneyland for a bit too.. I have some serious shopping to do.

Patricia
08-31-2008, 07:25 PM
Woot!!

I did it! It was pretty cool. I got a high five from mickey at the end. Im heading out soon for a victory celebration with see.low at the ever popular Club 33.

I ended up joining a three hour pace group to keep me from going too fast. I got ahead of them a couple of times but used my lead for a bathroom break. In the end I said goodbye to them at the 12 mile mark and ran it home the last 1.1 miles. I really wanted to finish under three hours. It was killing me to go so slow all the way, but I had little pain so it worked. I finished with a 2:55:34 time. My original goal was 2:30.. So, I'm happy to even have completed with my troubles. The medal is so pretty. :)

terri.m
08-31-2008, 07:28 PM
:party: :number1: :thumbsup:

Congrats Patti!! Have a wonderful time at Club33 tonight and give See a big hug for me!

I'm so jealous!! :D

Patricia
09-01-2008, 12:30 PM
Woot! Club33 was over the top! Uh, we took pics of the washrooms. Alastair was our amazing server, he rocked! We had a wonderful evening of friends and food. Can you imagine watching Fantasmic from the Club 33 balcony?? See.low and I proudly wore our medals.. Even though we never found each other at race time(14,000 people) we were running very close together through parts of the race. Ok, I have to go back to Cabada now.. More later.

Ed
09-01-2008, 01:49 PM
Ok, I have to go back to Cabada now.. More later.

Cabada ? Is that the country just north of the Ubited States? :D

Glad to hear you did well and didn't damage yourself (or others) !

Well done! :thumbsup:

trackbarroness
09-01-2008, 03:14 PM
Ed me thinks someone had a few too many to drink whilst at Club33, or it was the eye infection causing her to umm mispell her country's name? :D me thinks the latter.
Oh by the way Patti awesome job can't wait to see pics girl. :number1:

See.low
09-01-2008, 05:27 PM
Wow patti! You are quick. I just got home and you have already posted. :D

What an exciting adventure you have had and I'm so happy that I got to be a part of it. The "Happiest Race on Earth" was so much fun, even though I couldn't find patti anywhere. It didn't help that I was looking for a yellow tank top and mini skirt. heh
Dinner was definitely the highlight of the weekend. Our reservations were at 6 and I think we finally got out of there around 11. I watched both Fantasmics from the balcony while patti was able to see the first showing in a VIP area down on the river front and then got back in the Club to see the second showing from the balcony and finish her dessert. (she's such a VIP)
The service, food, martinis and wine were extraordinary, but the company was even better. We ate with some other former VMKers, HarborKat and QueenMichele, so we were able to do some VMK reminiscing during our dinner.

Today, I'm a happy girl because I finally got to meet patti in person. :cloud9: She is a joy and it was a pleasure meeting her. We are already planning her next trip down here. :thumbsup:

See.low
09-01-2008, 05:33 PM
Congrats Patti!! Have a wonderful time at Club33 tonight and give See a big hug for me!

I'm so jealous!! :D

Aww big hugs back to you girl. Next year I'm thinking you should hitch a ride with patti! :)

Ok, I have to go back to Cabada now.. More later.
:haha: Cabada
That is hilarious!!! :funny:

terri.m
09-01-2008, 07:40 PM
Cabada??? :confused: ;)

How long were you gone girl???

Have a great flight back and hopefully next time I can tag along!

Now where are some pics??

Chescat
09-01-2008, 09:28 PM
Amazing part is she ran and didn't fall down this time. :blush:

I'm also laughing at the part where she said she used her lead for a bathroom break. Wow is that part of the course? :funny:

Glad you had such a good time, you deserve it. :thumbsup:

JPL
09-01-2008, 09:56 PM
Cabada even has it's owb bational abthem

O Cabada!
Our home and bative labd!
True patriot love ib all thy sobs commabd.

With glowibg hearts we see thee rise,
The True borth strobg abd free!

From far abd wide,
O Cabada, we stabd ob guard for thee.

God keep our lanb glorious abd free!
O Cabada, we stabd on guard for thee.

I hope this doesn't effect my presents ;)

terri.m
09-01-2008, 10:10 PM
:haha:
I'm actually impressed you know the words

Cabada even has it's owb bational abthem

O Cabada!
Our home and bative labd!
True patriot love ib all thy sobs commabd.

With glowibg hearts we see thee rise,
The True borth strobg abd free!

From far abd wide,

God keep our lanb glorious abd free!
O Cabada, we stabd on guard for thee.

I hope this doesn't effect my presents ;)

JPL
09-03-2008, 06:40 PM
You know come to think of it she did go to Dinseyland so maybe she does live in Cabada:confused:

Patricia
09-03-2008, 07:14 PM
Oh gosh.. I posted that Cabada from my iphone. That's funny.

Even funnier.. I was sending a text message to my brother and See.low writes back telling me I sent it to her by accident. :blush: But she did find out I was home safely.

Yeah, I have an iphone.. but I really don't know how to use it.

It was great to meet Cat (thanks for taking care of me) and See (thanks for taking me to Club33), It was so great, I'm planning to be there again next
year. This time I'll make See run with me.

Trip report may have to wait till Saturday..

mickeytinkerbellprincess
09-03-2008, 07:58 PM
Great job patti! I'm glad you had fun! Makes me want to go to Disneyland again ^_^ :D Haha, I so want an iPhone :P

JPL
09-03-2008, 07:59 PM
I want the present report Now!! :D

See.low
09-03-2008, 09:14 PM
Even funnier.. I was sending a text message to my brother and See.low writes back telling me I sent it to her by accident. :blush: But she did find out I was home safely.
Even funnier is when I get random texts from patti with just one letter or one word..like "on". :funny:

Yeah, I have an iphone.. but I really don't know how to use it. Yeah that was obvious when I told her we should text our picture together in the Club to Tom and she looked at me with a blank stare and said she wasn't sure how to do that. :confused:

This time I'll make See run with me. Aww, we so should. My run was pretty lonely this year.

Trip report may have to wait till Saturday.. I'm just proud of you that we get a trip report. :D

Patricia
09-03-2008, 09:54 PM
Oh gosh.. I'd forgotten about my one word or one letter texts, so embarrassing. :blush:

I never did figure out how to send a picture with a text. Hopefully by next year I'll have it all figured out.

JP Presents? :mickey: Yes, I have one.

Somewhere.

Patricia
09-05-2008, 07:27 PM
JP, I found your present! :mickey:

I'll try to get that out tomorrow.

Gosh, I'm a very busy girl this weekend. Pictures, trip reports, presents to send, have to give blood, buy groceries and make sure I don't miss the scrapbooking paper sale.. sheesh.

:whew:

Patricia
09-19-2008, 07:17 PM
I think I have day one of my trip report ready.. :whew: now to add the pics. Almost ready. Stay tuned.

trackbarroness
09-21-2008, 05:59 AM
Can't wait to read it girl. Pirategal and I are making plans to visit DLR next year. Naybe this month next year to celebrate her(Mom's) birthday. I forget if it's 6 months or 9 months away before you can make ressies via DVC. If it's 9 months then we can make ressies in December for a DVC stay at one of the DLR hotels. we're thinking of a 1 one stay there, what do you all think?

bigpapiortiz34
09-21-2008, 03:32 PM
Hey!
I am so glad that you had fun! I wish every marathon could end with a high five from Mickey! :high5:
Congrats on finishing!:number1::clappy::woohoo::yay:
Cant wait to see the pics!