PDA

View Full Version : typhoon lagoon questions

Kisobel
08-12-2008, 05:39 PM
ok, i thought i had our oct trip all planned out. and then today i was waiting for my car at the mechanic reading my passporter. i want to try to fit a water park into our trip. the only day i can make it work is on a saturday. so how crowded would it be mid oct sat? i plan on being there when it opens and staying for 3-4 hours. is this doable? will i spend more time in line than i want?

where would i find those laynards that keep your money dry?

thanks
kate

SBETigg
08-12-2008, 06:13 PM
In October, the crowds at the water parks largely depend on the weather, so it is hard to predict. You could probably get in and get enough done to get a good taste of the park, but not to do everything. If it's a sunny, warm day, the lines can be long (the occasional 40 minute lines for bigger attractions vs the more common 10-20 minutes). Blizzard Beach seems to handle crowds a little better.

They do sell the lanyards in the gift shops at the water parks, but you're better off looking at Walmart or Target before you leave.

Kenny1113
08-12-2008, 08:32 PM
We just went in July and crowds were not bad at all, 5-10(stated, actual was a little less) min for most rides 40(stated, again actual was a little less) so I can't imagine Oct could possibly be worse. We got there around 10-1030 and left around four and we did everything at least once, some much more than once, WITH two kids. I think you'll be fine. Have fun :thumbsup:

Kenny1113
08-12-2008, 08:33 PM
Forgot to mention:

Also on a Sat

Daddy Mouse
08-14-2008, 07:09 PM
Yes you can do the rides at TL in around 4 hours. You should still have time for the wave pool. Everytime we go we spend about 5 hours there and we are able to do everything at least once.

I do sleep well that night!

thrillme
08-15-2008, 10:02 AM
I love Typhoon Lagoon usually go in July. If you get there early...plan on hitting the the "blasters" immediately then the "slides" and snorkling tank. After that...everything is pretty easy. Even in July on a very hot day we didn't wait more than about 10 minutes for anything.

The blasters are the only thing that gets a bit backed up sometimes. The snorkle tank may seem backed up but it moves pretty quickly. it's just that they move in "chunks" of people.