PDA

View Full Version : Cheerleaders, bands, ect.????

MelXThree
08-12-2008, 01:07 PM
Does anybody know where I can find hostoricly when large groups of people are going to WDW (ie. cheerleaders,bands, ect.) We are going Jan 20-27, 2009 and just want to know if we should avoid certian hotels. (hope this makes sense :blush:) Thanks

disneyfan328
08-12-2008, 01:34 PM
not sure about where you can find the info, but as far as school bands go they usually take their trips in April ( possibly March ) depends on when easter is.

As far as cheerleaders and dance I believe that I heard that was January? I am sure that someone knows for sure, it just isn't me!

Strmchsr
08-12-2008, 02:23 PM
January 16-18 is when the College Cheer leading Championships are and the Dance Team finals are Jan 30 - Feb 1. Beyond that there's something going on with either high school cheerleaders or dance teams pretty much every weekend in February. So, you should be good. As said above, the band events are later in the spring.

ccp1
08-12-2008, 03:13 PM
I'm not sure what level resort you are planning to stay at, but Disney usually puts the school groups (bands, choirs, etc) in the All-Star Resorts.

Also, just to echo the previous posters, Festival Disney, Magic Music Days, and The Disney Honors (the 3 music festivals) are in March-May.

---Edit---

I see from your sig that you're staying at the WL. I don't think you'll have any problems there.

robnadina
08-12-2008, 03:29 PM
Not sure if its still going on, but when we went in 2005 at the end of Aug. there were either soccer or volleyball tourneys going on. They all stayed at All Star Sports..which was where we were staying.

MelXThree
08-12-2008, 04:57 PM
Thanks for all the info. I am planning on staying at WL however that is only if we can get a discount. If not we will change to a mod. or value. I have two 2 yr olds that will NEED naps so my main concern is daytime noise. Hopefully we'll be ok :mickey:

Strmchsr
08-12-2008, 05:00 PM
Thanks for all the info. I am planning on staying at WL however that is only if we can get a discount. If not we will change to a mod. or value. I have two 2 yr olds that will NEED naps so my main concern is daytime noise. Hopefully we'll be ok :mickey:

Even if you were at the same resort the problem is more evening noise than day time. The cheerleaders are busy during the day with competitions, so usually the only time you hear from them is in the evening.

tiggerandpooh63
08-12-2008, 09:19 PM
Hi! We are going to be there at the same time with my son's high school symphonic band. Like others have posted typically the band groups stay in All Star or Pop Century. My son's band is actually staying off property somewhere but DH and I are planning to stay somewhere in the world.