PDA

View Full Version : Just got back: Dining Reviews

DisneyGrrrl
08-12-2008, 12:46 PM
I don't have alot of time, so I'll keep this short and sweet:

SSR food court - Artist Palette Lunch
DH and I got the cheeseburger flatbread to share. He loved it, I thought it was wierd. Essentially, it's a pizza without sauce and topped with a cheeseburger, lettuce, tomato and pickles and then drizzled with mayo, mustard and ketchup. Why not just have a cheeseburger? Anyway, it was fine, but I don't think I'll get it again.

Main Street Bakery - Breakfast
DH got the cherry turnover and I got the ham, egg and cheese croissant. Both were excellent.

Turk Club at SSR - Dinner
I cannot say enough how much we loved this place. We started with the onion rings and trio of dipping sauces. So good. I got the apple cinnamon ribs and DH got the lamb chops. To. Die. For. Seriously, best lamb chop we've ever tasted. However, dessert - not so much. We got the chocolate lava cake and apple tart. Chocolate one was downright nasty and the apple one was eh. But dinner was fantastic.

Garden Grill - Dinner
This was a first for us and I have to admit that the food was only okay. The salad was very fresh and the ranch dressing as well, but the rest...eh. I don't think we'll be back. It wasn't terrible or anything, but it just wasn't for us. We started off annoyed in general when we went to check in for our 5:50pm ADR and the couple with a baby in front of us were walk-ups looking to eat dinner and they got called before us. That didn't sit well with DH and I (and toddler DD) who made ADR's months before and had to wait 30 minutes. Oh, well.

Hollywood and Vine - Playhouse Disney lunch
Now, I know this gets so-so reviews here but we have always liked the lunch. However, we found that this time, it just wasn't as good for us as usual. We have tried to pin point it, but I think it boils down to quality...it just didn't seem as good, which is a shame. We would go back though for the character interaction.

ABC Commissary - Breakfast
I hate this place for lunch, truly. Nothing is good. But we got the bagel sandwich for breakfast and it was actually really decent so kudos to them.

I feel like I'm missing something, but that was about it that I remember. Overall, a great trip!:number1:

mouseketeer mom
08-12-2008, 01:04 PM
Thanks! Glad you're trip was a great one!

SBETigg
08-12-2008, 01:32 PM
How odd that you had to wait at the Garden Grill when they let the walk-ups right in? That would have bothered me a bit, too. But you took it in stride. Sorry the food wasn't better. The Turf Club sounds interesting. Thanks for the reviews.

MississippiDisneyFreak
08-12-2008, 01:43 PM
Thanks for the reviews:)

5fromabove
08-12-2008, 01:52 PM
Turf Club at SSR - Dinner
I cannot say enough how much we loved this place.

DH and I love Turf Club too, I think it's one of the better kept secrets right now. The atmosphere is quiet, the view of the river/DTD area nice...and the food is fantastic. We have reservations for our upcoming trip to take my Dad there for his 60th birthday :party: :) Sounds like you had a great time! :)