PDA

View Full Version : For those who request certain rooms/buildings

DisneyDadfromPittsburgh
08-12-2008, 12:34 PM
I have a question for those that request either a certain room or building at a Disney resort.

How do you go about doing it? Do you send a fax to the location or send a letter to the location and if so how far ahead of time do you do it?

Also, what type of success rate do you have when you try to get a room or buidling that you really want.

Last visit to WDW Orlando was 2005 and I didn't get my request fullfilled. In 2004 and 2003 I did.

Next trip is October 31, 2008 and we are stil no sure which resort we want to stay in.

The Hitchhiking Ghost
08-12-2008, 12:49 PM
Both times I've requested specific areas (AB at POR and Jamaica at CBR) I've been successful. At POR I was also successful getting the building I had requested, CBR-Jamaica I was not, close but not quite.

I've done I think what most do. If I've done anything thru a Disney travel agent I ask them to note on my reservation that I am requesting a specific area a/o building. It's only a request as they will tell you up front, no guarantees.

I usually follow up a week before my arrival by calling Disney travel to make certain my request is still on file, and I also will do a fax, although I have no idea of knowing which one gave me the desired results.

I think the resorts are very accommodating with regards to guest requests. I think as you get more defined in your request (ie - I want room#) then the odds are a little bit less. But if you start by asking for a particular sections (ie AB vs Mansions) then for a specific building, then if possible room#, I would guess that you would be satisfied on the first two, and the room # would be a big bonus.

Strmchsr
08-12-2008, 01:35 PM
Faxes, etc are generally ignored now due to volume, but if you note your request on your reservation that's all you need to do it. No follow up necessary. If they can fulfill your request, they will. As noted above, the less specific you are the better chance you have of having your request fulfilled.

Aggie97
08-12-2008, 03:07 PM
We've had very good luck with room requests that are noted on our reservation. Generally we request something like, "Tokelau or Rarotonga, far from the elevators if possible." A fairly high number of rooms meet the request, which I hope makes it a bit easier to accommodate. :mickey:

Lizzie
08-12-2008, 03:11 PM
We request it on our reservation. And than when we show up we communicate that with them. We requested a king bed last time because both our kids needed pack n plays and we needed the space.

But they had no king beds available and the manager heard us checking in and upgraded us to a family suite.

Tink#64
08-14-2008, 12:46 AM
Since our first stay at Pop and really liking the room location, we've requested the same room during the following trips. I always make the inital request when I make the ressies & then call Pop the day before our arrival & repeat the request. We've never gotten the same room, but we've always stayed on the same floor of the same building on the same side! I think that's pretty amazing! I feel like the CM's do a great job of trying to accomodate us! We feel very fortunate to have had this kind of response to our requests! :thumbsup:

N2DisneyWorld
08-16-2008, 11:50 AM
I send our room request by fax three days before our arrival date and have gotten our request every time. (typing this is probably going to jinx my next request) :blush:

I have worked at a top resort before so I know that the requests are not guaranteed, but I do at least try.

The resorts are really good at working with the requests the best way they can. The staff has always been very helpful.

Have a great trip!! :mickey:

disney100%
08-17-2008, 06:33 AM
We have gotten any request we have asked for, but we usually only request specific buildings or areas, not room numbers. Even last trip we requested connecting rooms with my parents, and that was granted. We have our requests noted on our reservation and then request them again from the CM as we are checking in.