PDA

View Full Version : Ever upgraded at WL?

BeccaO
08-12-2008, 10:29 AM
Just curious for all you folks that have stayed at the WL, has anybody ever been upgraded upon check-in?

Tygger7
08-12-2008, 10:47 AM
We were upgraded at WL on our last trip, in May 2008. We had reserved a standard room and were upgraded to a courtyard view.

The upgrade happened because we arrived early, checked in, and put all our luggage in storage because our room wasn't ready yet. The told us to call after 2pm to get a status on our room. We called at 2pm and they said our room would be ready in 15 minutes, so we headed back to WL. It still wasn't ready, so we just waited....and waited...and waited. Finally, after bugging the front desk multiple times, I went back again a little after 3pm. Our room still wasn't ready, and I asked if there was anything they could do since we'd been waiting all day and really needed to change clothes before dinner. The front desk CM made a quick phone call and "poof", we were upgraded, free of charge, to a courtyard view.

I know sometimes it happens without asking, and without having something go wrong, but hey, an upgrade is an upgrade. :mickey:

prprincess
08-12-2008, 11:12 AM
We had reserved a standard room and were upgraded to a courtyard view.
Same here when we went back in April. I wasn't sure who's doing it was, though--Disney's because they knew it was our 5th wedding anniversary or my travel agents. Regardless, it was a nice surprise.:thumbsup:

SgtTigger
08-12-2008, 07:36 PM
Yes a couple of times........

Always to a court yard room......

:cop: :tigger:

garymacd
08-12-2008, 08:41 PM
We were upgraded last time we stayed there. I think it was a combination of our 25th anniversary and that we were there for the opening of POTC: At World's End.

I don't know what our original room was going to be, but we ended up with a pool view on the top sixth floor.

TammiMcMan
08-12-2008, 09:33 PM
Upgrades are given out at all the resorts for different reasons. You just never know if it's going to happen to you. The best rule of thumb is to book the room/view that you're comfortable with, because 9 times out of 10, that's exactly what you're going to get. It's always a magical moment though when you do receive an upgrade :cloud9:.