PDA

View Full Version : stroller count as checked baggage?

fab4nczc
08-12-2008, 09:15 AM
I guess I feel more confident taking my double stroller to the gate. Now I have another question. does the stroller count as checked baggage. I will be travelling with my DH and DS's 1 and 4. Myself and my DH and DS 4 get one checked bag and one carry- on (I think). So the stroller is an extra? Can anyone help?:confused::mickey:

eandrsmom
08-12-2008, 09:37 AM
We flew Continental last Feb., and it did not count. Generally, I don't think that it counts. However, I'd call just to make sure that nothing has changed.

LittleRoosMommy
08-12-2008, 10:46 AM
We've flown Southwest and United with strollers and never had a problem. Neither airline has counted strollers as carry-ons or charged us for them. I would assume it is the same again this year. You could always call the airline ahead of your trip to double check.

faline
08-12-2008, 11:47 AM
Given all the rule changes airlines have been making recently, I'd suggest you double check with your airline. You don't want any surprises when you're standing at the gate!

Lizzie
08-12-2008, 09:04 PM
Strollers and carseats have never counted as checked bags for us in the past. But as everyone has said I would check with the airlines with all the rule changes.

FTDW Poly 08
08-13-2008, 12:48 AM
We just got back today from our first trip (it was great). AirTran does not count strollers as checked baggage.

JPL
08-13-2008, 02:21 AM
Strollers fall under a different Category they are gate checked items and therefore do not count as checked baggage. In the past there has not been a charge for them. But as others have suggested you should double check with your airline to be safe.