View Full Version : YTZKING's Pre-Trip

ytzking
08-11-2008, 11:41 PM
Cast: Me (DH)-45
DW- ?
DD1 - 16
DD2 - 12 ( 13 on 08/18 )
DGM - ? ( My Mom )

When - 08/13 thru 08 27. This includes 08/13 - 08/16 at the WL ( Standard View ), 08/16 - 08/23 at BWV ( on points - Boardwalk View ) and 08/23 - 08/27 at the Dolphin.

Background - we originally booked this 14 day trip in January with eyes on it being a celebration of my retirement from the NYPD and my wife's new career in the court system. Things change. Three days before my retirement I was given a very nice promotion, so I'm staying ( still got the days off ). My wife was hired by the courts in April and left her job with the Bd. of Ed. Great news but she couldn't get all the time off. She'll be arriving the night of the 13th and unfortunately departing on the night of the 17th. My Mom is coming down on the 19th and staying til the 22nd. ( A few side trips to the airport won't bother me- until it's my turn to leave.:() We bought APs for me and the girls and DW is getting a 10 Day Park Hopper with no expiration ( no AP since her schedule will be very up in the air for the first year). They've already been purchased at last year's prices----Thanks INTERCOT!!:thumbsup:I'm also purchasing DDE instead of the DDP since we have people coming and going during our stay.

I'm flying down on the morning of the 13th ( 0730 on JETBLUE from LAG ) with DD2. DD1 had a run in with a Math Regents that has to be rectified that morning. She'll be coming down later with DW (after work). I'll pick up the car (Alamo - $400.00 for 14 days - booked very early - midsize ), stop at Walmart for beverages and essentials, and then to WL. I put a request in on Sunday for a North Wing upper floor room. No promises but I'm optimistic. DD and I will spend the afternoon at DHS (4:00 ADR at 50's PT) and then back to WL. Maybe to MK for a few hours before the 2nd half of the family arrives.

The next 4 days will be commando so that my wife gets to see as much as possible-- Here goes. Thurs. AM at MK with 12:00 ADR at the Plaza. Back to the WL for relaxation and swimming. 7:00 ADR for me and DW at The Wave while DDs go back to MK. We'll meet them there after dinner and hopefully close the park.

Fri. AM at AK for Everest, Safari, Dinosaur and Kali. Hopefully at least 1 of the shows before lunch. Back to WL and then we're meeting my niece and her BF ( there for a week at the Dolphin ) at Liberty Tree for dinner. EMH and hopefully SM, HM, BTMRR and Splash.

Sat.- We'll be up early and head to the Boardwalk. We'll check in around 9 and keep our fingers crossed. I'm not too optimistic a room will be ready given that it's a Saturday and a big check-in and out day. No matter. We're planning on spending the whole day in EPCOT. We have a 6:00 dinner ADR at the Captain's Galley and then hopefully we'll make it back for Illuminations.

Sun.- We'll try to get to DHS at opening to get FPs for TSM. After that, TOT, RNR, ST and hopefully Muppets 3D. We have an 11:30 ADR at 50s PT and that will break up the morning. I'll have to leave with DW about 2:00 to get her to the airport for a 5:30 flight. We're leaving alot of time so we don't have to rush. The girls will stay behind and meet me later at MK with my neice and her BF for EMH.

Mon. is DD2's B'Day. We have an early breakfast at 1900 Park Faire and a 4:00 Dinner at Le Cellier ( her favorite ). I plan on embarassing her accordingly throughout the day by drawing attention to her big day.

Tues. - My mom arrives at 1030, so I'll go to pick her up while the girls do their own thing. We have a 7PM ADR for all 6 of us ( Neice and BF ) at the Biergarden.

Wed. - Fri. I'll let my mom and the girls decide what we're doing. We have a 6PM on Wed. at Teppan Edo and a 12 Noon on Thurs at Crystal Palace with neice and BF. Everything else is open.

Friday morning I'll take mom to the airport and the girls will probably shop at DTD. Neice and BF are leaving today as well but they have a late flight so they will be on their own. I made a 7:15 ADR for dinner at Le Chefs de France. None of us have tried it so we'll see how that goes.

Sat. - Check out of BWV and into the Dolphin. We originally had the teacher's rate because of my wife's old job with the Board of Education. We were lucky and were able to keep the rate because of my job so that reservation stayed the same. ( I know we have a standard room but if anybody can help with room request suggestions I would appreciate it ).

Sat-Wed. are pretty wide open. I've purchased APs so we can pretty much do whatever we want. I'm sure once we arrive we'll think of places we want to eat at and see. This is the longest we've ever stayed on property and I'm looking forward to not rushing for the last week. Mini Golf, Sea Racers, pool hopping, etc.

Wed. we have an 11AM flight from MCO to LAG. There won't be time for anything but returning the car and getting through security.

I know last year I only made it to day 2 or 3 on my report but this year I'm hoping to stick with it and finish what I start.

disneyboy98
08-12-2008, 12:07 AM
WOW!! You sound really really prepared and that is AWESOME!!! Have a wonderful time on your trip!!:mickey::thumbsup:

MississippiDisneyFreak
08-12-2008, 09:55 AM
I can't wait to see your trip reports:blush:

Lizzie
08-12-2008, 12:54 PM
Wow what a great full trip. We hope to stay that long on our next trip.

faline
08-12-2008, 12:55 PM
Nice long trip! Too bad not everyone could be there for all of it!

mouseketeer mom
08-12-2008, 01:02 PM
I like your Sat-Wed schedule best! Pool hopping, sea raycers, mini golf...sometimes we get so busy going from park to park we forget to take advantage of the more relaxed side of Disney! Your trip sounds great! Enjoy:thumbsup:

ChipnDaleGal
08-12-2008, 04:55 PM
What an exciting trip! I am sorry that your wife won't be there for all of it, especially your daughter's birthday, but I am sure she will be happy knowing that you are all having a good time. And you are staying at such pretty resorts, too. :thumbsup: I hope you all have a great time and you ought to know the way back and forth to the airport in your sleep by trip's end! :mickey: