PDA

View Full Version : Our Son Earns His Ears! Day Seven

spb
08-11-2008, 11:04 PM
Friday, May 2 Magic Kingdom and Epcot

Cast: DS almost 4 years old, DH 31, and myself 30

We had gone to bed the night before with a slow plan for the day: pool time, followed by just a couple MK attractions and dinner at Liberty Tree Tavern, then finish the night with Epcot extra magic hours. We ended up skipping the pool and heading to Magic Kingdom…have to make the most of your last park day, right?

Once inside the park, I sent the boys ahead to the speedway so I could linger on Main Street and take lots of window pictures! I also got a good photo of DH and DS in the race car (finally)once I caught up to them. On the way to TTA or Buzz, can’t remember what we rode first, I got a call from my Mom and Sister. They were sensing my pain and had called to cheer me up! I told them I had gone into a state of denial that we’d be leaving the next day and was having a ball! After Tommorowland we headed via Toontown train to Frontierland. DH insists that this was the day DS and I fell asleep, not Wednesday, he may be right. We walked to Liberty Square and had a yummy lunch of tuna sandwiches, DS had mac n’ cheese, at Columbia Harbor House. I can’t believe we’ve never eaten here before! I loved looking down at Liberty Square. Such a cozy atmosphere…we will definitely return!

After lunch, we brought our Son to Tom Sawyer Island and he LOVED it, especially the fort and “spooky caves”(Scooby Doo lingo, again). I was quite bored; but enjoyed DS reaction. After the island, I believe we did Pirates and Country Bears again. BTW, there were marshmallow bars covered in various shades of pastel chocolate in the sweets shoppe next door to Country Bears that looked delicious and had a fun name, too…popmallows. I must grab one next trip! It seems we must have done more between lunch and dinner; but memory is failing me here!

We had a 5:30 ADR for Liberty Tree Tavern, a favorite of ours. Dinner was wonderful, as usual. DS was thrilled to see Chip and Dale again, and had an important question for the latter. We had taught him to recognize Chip by his “chocolate chip” nose and DS had chosen cherries to be the reason Dale’s nose is reddish. “Do you eat cherries, Dale?” our Son asked excitedly. Dale shook his head “no” and DS just looked crush. “Oh, he eats nuts…I bet the reddish kind of chestnuts that Mema has in her yard” I threw in. Dale agreed and I said maybe we could roast the chestnuts at Mema’s someday, to which DS gave a big smile. I was smiling when I saw the apple cobbler a la mode! Yum!

We headed to Epcot after dinner. It was EMH, so after riding SE, we went to get our bracelets. DS desperately wanted to get back to the Test Track showroom to ride in “his cars”, so we headed there next and DH rode while we played. My son got to “drive” me in every car before Daddy met up with us! Next we enjoyed a deserted Living Seas. Carrying my Son into the pavilion, I had one of those moments as a Mom where the size of your “baby” suddenly freaks you out. He was so heavy, I could just about carry him, a far cry from the one year old he was last trip. He was hugging me and singing a song as we walked, something he seemed to do whenever I held him in WDW, sweet boy. In fact, his Mem had caught him “serenading” on the way to dinner at the AKL the night before! Our last FW stop was the Land, to enjoy LWTL one more time. The greenhouse was neat at night! DS wanted pictures of the strawberries and jackfruit; but we just couldn’t get good ones and he found that very funny!

We stopped in the vacant Odyssey restrooms before heading to the crowded WS. Always weird how quiet it is in there! Then we were on our way to Mexico. DS really found Donald funny this time around the boat ride. He did not find the trolls in Norway quite as amusing! I stopped into Kringla bakery for one of my favorite treats, cloudberry horns! I almost tried school bread this time, will definitely get some next trip. Then we continued to the AA gift shop in hopes of finding DS requested snack, gummy worms (that one served with the cupcake at Garden Grille on Monday had really blown his mind!) . We did find gummy Disney characters. The gentleman working here was so odd, he was in an absolute daze. It took forever to check out, and then he immediately tried to ring us up again! We also picked up a Mars bar in UK . Our snacks were enjoyed in the waterfront dining area of Rose and Crown. So cozy!

After relaxing for quite a bit and taking in the surroundings of our last night, we headed out through the World Traveler shop. DH wanted to pick up an old school Epcot t-shirt we’d seen earlier in the trip. What a cute shirt! We then took a very long boat ride back to the Boardwalk…the wait to fill the boat was much worse than the actual ride! We got back to the resort at around 11:00 and, despite the hour, we let our son go in the pool. We had promised him pool time and it was our last night! He only went in for a minute before saying he was cold and looking like he was going to fall asleep. We were all sleeping soon after, with plans to have lunch with Mema and Bosch the next day before our flight home.

WinnipegDisneyFanatic
08-12-2008, 12:00 AM
Sounds like yet ANOTHER great day! That's cute about the cherries and Dale's nose...I think that's how I'll make sure I get it right from now on too! ;) Thanks very much for the report!

Chris :hatter:

the other micki
08-12-2008, 12:01 AM
Another great day! I'm glad you came to the rescue at LTT! Guess poor Dale just didn't know he's supposed to eat cherries!

disneyboy98
08-12-2008, 12:41 AM
I just caught up on ALL of your reports and they are SPECTACULAR!!! I love writing Trip Reports while I am down there, but I really do love hearing about other family's trips.

Your son sounds like he is just enthralled with everything that is going on around him. We just took my niece for the first time this year (11 months old). I cannot wait until she is your sons age and actually starts talking to the characters like your son did with Dale.

Awesome reports!! Thank you so much for taking the time to share it with us!:thumbsup:

mouseketeer mom
08-12-2008, 08:30 AM
oh. The last night is a killer, isn't it? Sounds like you made the most of it!

MississippiDisneyFreak
08-12-2008, 09:49 AM
Thanks for the reports:)

faline
08-12-2008, 12:35 PM
I've enjoyed your reports so much, i'ts hard to believe they're coming to an end! Hope you have another trip planned!

Lizzie
08-12-2008, 01:00 PM
Another great day and another great report. Thanks

pdrlkr
08-12-2008, 10:41 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

DizNee143
08-13-2008, 03:26 PM
what a great last day at MK and epcot..:mickey:

tinkerbell04
08-14-2008, 04:28 PM
Sounds like you had a great last park day. I am so glad that you son had a better experience this trip :)

laward32
08-18-2008, 03:33 PM
I hate that last day too. But at least you got a great day in. Are you already planning your next trip?:mickey:

ChipnDaleGal
08-22-2008, 08:10 AM
I am so happy that your son sounds like a budding Chip and Dale fan! :chipdale:

I am sorry this is your last full day, that is such a sad reality check, but it seems like you made the most of it. Great day, thank you for sharing it with us. :mickey:

January-2007
10-15-2008, 08:30 AM
Thanks for reporting. :mickey: