PDA

View Full Version : Mama Melroses Review

JavaDuck
08-11-2008, 10:59 PM
My meal at Mama Melroses far surpassed my expectations. After making our ADR here under the Fantasmic Dinner plan, I was having second thoughts from all the negative reviews I had read and heard. My experience was positive (they were a few negative aspects).

Food - 4 stars out of 5

First, on the Fantasmic plan, you get a lot of food. It was just me and my partner, and having an appetizer, entree and dessert for both of us was a lot of food. My partner had the mozzarella and tomato stack, a steak, and the chocolate cake, I had the bruschetta, the pork marsala, and the crema limone. My partner said all of his food was good, but that my pork marsala was much better. I really enjoyed my pork marsala. The desserts were great as well. The crema limone was very refreshing.

Service- 3 1/2 stars out of 5

Mama's was very busy the night we were there. We had to wait about 20 minutes past our ADR time, the longest wait all week. After we were seated, we waiting a long time for our waiter to appear. No water, no nothing until then. Part of the problem was that our waiter had two big parties to deal with. It still was frustrating, to go a long time without seeing our server. When he was around, he did a great job.

Ambiance- 3 1/2 stars out of 5

The inside of Mama's is nothing special. We did enjoy checking out all the photos in the lobby. It is dim lighting and the noise level is adequate. I've been in other Italian restaurants with similar decor.

We mostly likely will eat here again on our next trip. We probably will do the Fantasmic package again, but skip the show, (I liked the show, but saw the Disneyland version when it first premiered there, and like that one much more). I would recommend Mama's to others. As mentioned it far exceeded my expectations.

Mousemates
08-12-2008, 12:03 AM
My son and I also enjoyed our trip to Mama Melroses....we too would go back, but haven't since we still several other places to try out in DS.

Jenemmy
08-12-2008, 08:45 AM
I have never had a bad meal at Mama Melrose's either. We generally kick off our trip with dinner there the day we arrive. Thought I was the only one in all of Intercot that liked it! LOL

MississippiDisneyFreak
08-12-2008, 09:13 AM
When we ate there in 2005 none of our party of 8 were very impressed, we got flatbreads and one person got chicken parm...it wasn't bad, so I wouldn't say never again we may try again some other time

KatMark
08-12-2008, 09:51 AM
We enjoy Mama Melrose. It's not gourmet, but it is good food. There aren't many choices there with the Fantasmic Package and we refuse to ever go to H&V again and we were not impressed with Brown Derby--especially for two table service credits.

yjgirl32
08-12-2008, 10:50 AM
Great this was another place we were thinking about trying, but because of some reviews was a little scared to try.

Disney fans..
08-12-2008, 04:34 PM
We actually had MM booked but after I read all the bad reviews we changed out ressie's to another resturant. Oh well, guess we can just try it another time.

AuntDJ
08-12-2008, 06:04 PM
oh, I am glad you enjoyed it! We do the MM Fantasmic package every time...

Sadly, I was there during the "Big Tomato Crisis of 2008" in June so no brushetta or any tomatoes...now a reason to go back!!!

Donna

SBETigg
08-12-2008, 06:07 PM
Wow, a good review. The reviews for Mama Melrose are always interesting to read because opinions run the gamut. Thanks for sharing.

RedSoxFan
08-12-2008, 06:31 PM
We enjoyed Mama Melrose on our last visit too and will probably eat there again in October if we can get a reservation. I won't make an ADR until I get there as we like to wing it.

mrsgaribaldi
08-12-2008, 06:31 PM
Sadly, I was there during the "Big Tomato Crisis of 2008" in June so no brushetta or any tomatoes...now a reason to go back!!!

Donna

This had me laughing out loud!!!!:mickey:

Trev&Ev Mom
08-13-2008, 04:01 PM
Thanks for the review. We have an ADR for January and I was a bit nervous. Thanks for calming my fears!! I can't wait!:mickey:

Darbylew
08-13-2008, 04:29 PM
We eat there every time we go to Disney. The
food is great. It is tucked away over by the
Toy Story Pizza Planet at Disney's Hollywood
Studios. Enjoy........:tasty::eat:

Cheloconnell
08-13-2008, 04:36 PM
We go to Mama Melrose every time we go to Disney. I think it is the best dinner in DHS. There has never been a bad meal. I have had a bad waiter or two, but that can happen anywhere. I usually do not like to be rushed through dinner anyways. I always get the penne ala vodka which is great. My DH usually gets the chicken parm. No complaints here :thumbsup:

MushuGrl
08-17-2008, 12:46 AM
We're going to try it for the first time this trip. It's one of those places that we always walk by and SOMEBODY will say "MAN that smells good!"

And with that...with the cutback in Fantasmic showtimes, are they still doing the dinner package? Last year I missed it due to rainout and I don't want to miss it this time - combining these two would rawk!