PDA

View Full Version : CR, GF or POLY?

rkwctw
08-11-2008, 08:10 PM
We are heading to WDW August 2009 and will stay at either Contemporary, Grand Floridian or Polynesian. Which would you choose?:mickey:

KatMark
08-11-2008, 08:13 PM
We have been to two of the three: Poly and CR (we've no desire to ever stay at GF--just too fancy for us--not our style). Out of the Poly and CR, we would definitely pick the Poly. It's not as "busy" as the CR and the landscaping is lush and the pool is great.

eandrsmom
08-11-2008, 08:15 PM
We have stayed at all three resorts. We're going back to the GF this December. After staying there last Feb., my DH doesn't want to stay anywhere else. The service was outstanding, and the dining choices were great.
My second choice would be Poly., followed by the CR.

LisRich
08-11-2008, 08:49 PM
I'd stay at CR again in a heartbeat - our family LOVES staying there! Which goes to show that you will get lots of votes for all three resorts. We all have our personal tastes and preferences for why one is better than another. You'll have to decide which theming is best suited to your tastes. Service and amenities at all are great, as well as the convenience of the monorail. So really, you can't go wrong w/any of them! Have fun and enjoy your trip whichever one you choose. :mickey:

alpro2
08-11-2008, 09:03 PM
My choice would be:

1) GF
2) Poly
3) CR

SBETigg
08-11-2008, 09:25 PM
My choice would be:

1) GF
2) Poly
3) CR

That's my order of preference as well. My kids prefer Poly over GF, but they do enjoy them both. It really depends on your personal taste. The GF is comfortably elegant. The Poly is relaxed and exotic. The CR is loud, bright, busy, and fun.

andreallybadeggs
08-11-2008, 11:13 PM
Who's traveling? Is cost an issue?
Our DD would choose GF, 2 DS would choose
CR, but we all enjoyed our stay at Poly as well.
Normally Poly seems to just nudge out the others in popularity on Intercot but all 3 resorts are fabulous. Construction around the CR might move it down my list at the moment but the best view of the castle we ever had was from our tower balcony. Don't fret-- you can't go wrong.
You could also consider a split stay.

Mousemates
08-11-2008, 11:46 PM
My favorite CR (but for sentimental reasons), but I'd be inclined to go elsewhere until the new addition is completed and the construction has come to end, if I didn't want to pay for a theme park view.

My wifes favorite is the poly (where we will be in January woo hoo)

My daughters fave would be the Gf (her tastes run a bit on the expensive side)

My sons fave---the poly (for the pool).

so the poly wins in our house 2-1-1...

Know that whoever wins in your house, it won't matter because they are all great in their own right.

mrsgaribaldi
08-12-2008, 03:34 AM
We have been to two of the three: Poly and CR (we've no desire to ever stay at GF--just too fancy for us--not our style). Out of the Poly and CR, we would definitely pick the Poly. It's not as "busy" as the CR and the landscaping is lush and the pool is great.

This is my feeling exactly. I could have wrote this myself:mickey:

mouseketeer mom
08-12-2008, 08:22 AM
We haven't stayed at the GF, but we have visited for holidays, spa, etc..not really our cup of tea.
However,
The Poly is heaven. A perfect resort. Our home away from home.
The CR is a Disney classic. We loved our time there too, but in a different way..Its "busier"..brighter, a hub of sorts, and has a totally different feel from the Poly.
Both are terrific. It depends what kind of feel you are going for.

BigBaloo
08-12-2008, 02:52 PM
Poly!:tikki:

The fact that you can walk to TTC from Poly always ends up being the deciding factor for us.

Aggie97
08-12-2008, 02:57 PM
Poly!:tikki:

The fact that you can walk to TTC from Poly always ends up being the deciding factor for us.

I agree! We've loved staying at the GF as well, but this factor usually tips us toward the Polynesian. We have not tried the CR yet, though. :mickey:

MickeyMousse
08-12-2008, 03:01 PM
I'm dying to stay at GF, so anyone who would have a chance of staying there I'd jump on it 100%!!!!!!:thumbsup:

Although my DS's are pleading for us to stay at CR when the new DVC tower is finished.

I foresee their wish coming true before mine does!:pixie:

KAT1811
08-12-2008, 05:04 PM
My choice would be:

1) GF
2) Poly
3) CR

This would also be my order of preference.

GF has that old world luxury and fabulous service, plus you can't beat being one monerail stop from the MK.

Poly, exotic and warm, like a vacation in itself.

CR, too cold for me. I'm not a big fan of contemporary architecture or furnishings so this isn't on my list of must visits. Plus I've heard people say that the noise from Chef Mickey's can be a bit disturbing if you are staying in the tower rooms. Not sure how true that is but I can see it being a problem if you are planning on sleeping in and they are singing and dancing right outside your room at 8:00am.

My daughters fave would be the Gf (her tastes run a bit on the expensive side)

A girl after my own heart (and those of my girls, all of whom enjoy the finer things in life). It's always a great way to push them to do their best. I always remind our girls that they need to do well in school to do well in the world and support their luxurious lifestyles. After all mommy and daddy won't always be there! LOL!!!