PDA

View Full Version : Questions about the Electrical Water Parade

Mammabruski
08-11-2008, 04:11 PM
We’ll be going to WDW in mid-November and we would like to see the Electrical Water Parade the Saturday evening of our stay. Does anyone know about when the parade floats by the Poly? If you’re sitting on the beach at the Poly can you hear the music from the parade? Thanks!

SBETigg
08-11-2008, 04:31 PM
Yu can find information here: Electrical Water Pageant (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/accomodations/electricalwaterpagent.asp).

It floats by the Poly at 9 PM, depending on the fireworks schedule which occasionally delays the water parade. You can hear it very well from the beach. It's pretty loud and so festive! I love it.

mickeefan
08-11-2008, 05:13 PM
I think the Poly Beach is the best place to watch it. It is loud so you won't have any trouble hearing it. We have been there when at 9pm it would move in place and then wait until the fireworks is over and then you wold get the parade. Pretty cool.

Polynesian Dweller
08-11-2008, 09:25 PM
The sound actually comes from the barges themselves and is aimed at the audience on shore. No problem hearing it at all.

As SBETigg said, its generally at 9:00pm but that varies a bit depending on the fireworks. We've seen it both before the fireworks and after but usually after. Not sure what dictates the difference but it does happen. So, if the fireworks are scheduled that night I'd get to the beach about 8:45 to be safe.

Beast_fanatic
08-11-2008, 10:25 PM
The sound actually comes from the barges themselves and is aimed at the audience on shore. No problem hearing it at all.

As SBETigg said, its generally at 9:00pm but that varies a bit depending on the fireworks. We've seen it both before the fireworks and after but usually after. Not sure what dictates the difference but it does happen. So, if the fireworks are scheduled that night I'd get to the beach about 8:45 to be safe.

Last year, we watched the electric water parade and fireworks from the Poly beach, and they started at the same time! I had expected the parade to wait until after the fireworks, but it didn't that time. :shrug:

Mousemates
08-12-2008, 12:11 AM
The beach at the poly is a great place to watch the very retro electric water parade...the only place better (maybe) is from a water view room at the CR.

mouseketeer mom
08-12-2008, 08:53 AM
The parade is loud, and the music is catchy. You will have no trouble hearing it..there have been times at the Poly where the Parade floats by at the same time as Wishes..in that case, the music from the parade didn't play, just the lights did their show, and the soundtrack from Wishes was heard from the Beach instead.

Polynesian Dweller
08-12-2008, 09:29 AM
Last year, we watched the electric water parade and fireworks from the Poly beach, and they started at the same time! I had expected the parade to wait until after the fireworks, but it didn't that time. :shrug:

Weird, never seen that one. Have seen the lights go one without the music and then when Wishes is over the performance be done again. Wonder what happened that night:confused:

pritzlaff
11-10-2008, 01:40 PM
My DH and I stayed at the CR for our Honeymoon in Sept. 2006, and a couple nights we were back in the room at that time and got to watch the parade from our balcony. It was wonderful and we could hear the music just fine! :mickey: