PDA

View Full Version : To get a fridge or not?

mshomeschoolmom
08-11-2008, 02:48 PM
We are staying @ Pop Century Oct. 5-11. Should we rent a fridge for the week or should we just use our cooler that we will be bringing along with us for the week and keep it filled with ice to save money for something else? Does Pop Century allow you to fill up an ice chest? Is there a charge to keep it filled?
Thanks.....................

Cheloconnell
08-11-2008, 02:57 PM
I don't know if they would charge for ice or how they would know you are using a lot. Since the ice machines are in the corridors, there is no one monitoring them. We have had times when it is really hot out that the ice is empty or not working. We have always had a fridge. We are actually staying at the All Star Movies in October and we are thinking about what we should do. We still have a little one that needs milk when he first wakes up in the morning and I take medicine in the am, so we will have to really think if it is worth it or not. Usually we stay at the moderates which have them already. When we have gone on other trips outside of Disney, we usually fill one of the sinks with ice and put our stuff in. For the most part it is still cold in the am. :mickey:

Strmchsr
08-11-2008, 03:34 PM
The ice machines don't seem incredibly reliable. Plus, if 2-3 families all fill ice chests then those ice machines would be empty in a hurry, so filling up an ice chest isn't the best idea.

I'd say either rent the fridge or just use a small little cooler for your ice if you need to keep something cool. A fridge is a medical necessity for DS8's insulin, but we would rent one anyway as we more than make up the money on our water bottles and soft drinks we can bring from home.

MississippiDisneyFreak
08-11-2008, 03:39 PM
We stayed in All Stars Movies in 2003 and took a cooler that we kept filled from ice from the ice machine that is located on each floor....no problem....if you can afford $10 a day, that is the cost to rent a refrigerator

disney99
08-11-2008, 04:29 PM
A fridge is an absolute necessity whenever we stay at WDW..

KayDee
08-11-2008, 09:47 PM
Yes get the fridge.Just remember you are 10 dollars closer to staying at a moderate.