PDA

View Full Version : Boardwalk transportation

obsessive planner
08-11-2008, 02:17 PM
My husband and I are wanting to go to Jellyrolls one night but I'm not sure how we would get back to our resort. We are staying at all star sports. Do the buses run that late at Boardwalk?

EpcotNut
08-11-2008, 03:02 PM
They do - but I don't think they run resort to resort. Your best bet would probably be a cab IMO. Have fun!!:thumbsup:

vicster
08-11-2008, 03:25 PM
We've taken a bus from the Boardwalk to downtown Disney and then caught a bus to our resort. It really wasn't bad.

bob6572
08-11-2008, 03:41 PM
You can take the bus to downtown disney and then over to Boardwalk. Or you can take a bus to Disney Studios and take the boat or walk to Boardwalk which is a short trip. But I believe the buses stop based on when the parks close. So check the schedule.

mitchsfan
08-11-2008, 04:52 PM
We took the bus to DTD and then back to the Pop. It was a smooth and quick ride.

Mammabruski
08-11-2008, 05:07 PM
I would take a cab. That's what my DH and I did when we went back in September of 07. We went up to the Boardwalk Resort Lobby and there were cabs lined up and waiting. So, so easy.

CaptainJessicaSparrow
08-11-2008, 10:17 PM
Yes, but then they'd have to pay for a cab.

There are a number of ways to get back. Taking the boat to DHS and getting a bus from there if they are open late for EMH. If not, then you couldn't.

Go to MK by bus if they have late EMH, and then back to ASM.

Go to DTD by bus and then back to ASM.

Mammabruski
08-11-2008, 11:38 PM
The cab ride from Boardwalk to Pop was $6 (not including the tip). For us the extreme simplicity of the cab out weighed the other free options.

The Joker
08-12-2008, 07:13 AM
Will the bus service from DTD still run until 2am once the clubs are closed after September 27th?

CaptainJessicaSparrow
08-12-2008, 10:00 AM
Probably not. The shops usually close between 11 and 12. And the last movies at AMC start around 10 so they are typically done by 1am.

obsessive planner
08-12-2008, 10:59 AM
Thank you for giving me so many options, I'm sure we will be there late so it looks like we will either go to DTD or use a cab depending on how tired we are.

bruin1344
08-12-2008, 01:18 PM
i usually take the bus to epcot or dhs (park hopper is necessary if you go to epcot) and walk to the boardwalk and then to taxi back to resort at 2am, taxi ride is cheap compared to boston so it wasnt big deal

joelkfla
08-12-2008, 11:37 PM
Will the bus service from DTD still run until 2am once the clubs are closed after September 27th?
We drivers have been wondering about this, too.

AFAIK, nothing has been announced yet.

Tink#64
08-13-2008, 12:54 AM
We've never done late night as we have ds's 10 & 12, but during normal operating hours, & having park hopper option, we've went to Epcot & went throught the International Gateway, rode a boat over to the Boardwalk for dinner, shopping & fun & then rode the boat back to DHS where we rode the bus back to the resort! But you would need to know how late the Studios would be open & know when the busses stop running, which I've read is about 2 hours after closing, but I'm not sure how many busses would be running then or how long you would have to wait for a bus to your resort! The cab ride for return would probably be your best/easiest bet!