PDA

View Full Version : Groceries at Artist Pallete @ SSR?

OhToodles!
08-11-2008, 01:52 PM
Can anyone tell me what grocery items are available at the Artist Pallete at SSR? I'm trying to decide whether or not I need to order groceries ahead of time or can just get what I want from here.

Thanks!

thumperbug
08-11-2008, 04:14 PM
We stayed at DDr in April. We had a 1 bedroom villa. It was just my DH and DS so we didn't need a lot of groceries but you can get

Eggs, bread, frozen waffles, butter, milk, cold cuts, frozen foods, pasta, sauce, various condiments and beverages. They have a limited selection of fresh fruit. They also carry some Entenmanns bakery products.

If you are looking for meats, produce, or cases of water (or large quanities of anything) then go for a grocer.

Artist Pallette pretty much has basics or the kind of stuff you might see in dorm room fridges (lol)

They definitely have more groceries geared towards breakfast then anything else. The also have bacon and some packaged cold cuts.

Some of the prices on some items are good...some are a bit inflated.

Maleficent's Dad
08-11-2008, 06:32 PM
Can anyone tell me what grocery items are available at the Artist Pallete at SSR?
If you go to the DVC website, there are grocery lists that you can use to pre-order (via fax) and groceries will be delivered to your room (even if you're not there).

The lists give you the selections and prices of all available items. But note: several of the items on the grocery list are not available when you get to the resort's store. They're only available if you order ahead of time.

wendy*darling
08-11-2008, 09:52 PM
It is not a full blown grocery store.

Think of it more like a convenience store. There is a limited selection, but you won't starve if that's all you had to choose from.

If you just need to make a breakfast or 2 or some sandwiches- you'll do fine.
If you are looking for beverages and snacks- no problem.

But if you are planning to cook "real meals" on vacation- use a grocery service or go to the store yourself (if you have a vehicle).

We usually use the DVC grocery list and order ahead. I may make one or 2 breakfasts and we get some fruit and milk and juice. I think their service is perfect for us- and I love having it delivered to the room and all the cold stuff is put away while we are in the parks! :thumbsup:

MinnieMommie
08-12-2008, 10:44 PM
I am always surprised at the variety of items carried at Artist Palatte. In addition to what has been mentioned they carry hamburg and hot dogs, good quality bread items, wines, Hagen Daz ice cream (bars and pints), individual fresh fruit (apples, bananas and oranges).

If you plan to eat out and do a little in the room Artist Palatte will work. But I agree that if you want to have allmost of your meals in your room it might make more sense to shop elsewhere. :mickey:

RedPanda
08-17-2008, 05:16 PM
We used Garden Grocer on our last trip and it worked out fine. The prices at the resort stores are too high, IMHO. Our groceries came from Publix and prices were generally good; higher than home, but not egregious and much better than WDW.

OhToodles!
08-18-2008, 11:29 AM
Thanks everyone for your help! I think I've decided to order from Garden Grocer as I can get more from them - plus diapers so I won't have to pack them!!