PDA

View Full Version : Holiday Inn & Suites - Anaheim (Need reviews or comments)

Chip Carlton
08-11-2008, 10:26 AM
I am staying at the Holiday Inn & Suites Anaheim from Sept 21st - 25th. Does anyone have any reviews or comments about this location? Any help is appreciated!

Thank you

tinkwest
08-13-2008, 10:48 AM
Have never stayed there. It is closer to the parking structure than the entrances to the parks, so your best bet seems to be getting to the parking area and taking the tram to Downtown Disney.

Chip Carlton
08-13-2008, 05:59 PM
Thanks for the help Tink! Ya see, I have never been to DL before so I have no idea how the surroundings are laid out, etc. .. Will they let me just walk right into the parking lot? Or are their attendants to stop me?

NotaGeek
08-13-2008, 06:33 PM
They don't have anyone stopping people from walking onto the parking structure/lots. You can take the tram.

Chip Carlton
08-13-2008, 06:46 PM
Is there a sidewalk that leads from the main street into the parking structure? I guess what I'm asking is....Is it safe?

NotaGeek
08-13-2008, 08:29 PM
The parking structure is in the middle of the resort, so there's not really a public road per se. Is your hotel set in stone? Maybe you could move to a hotel on Harbor Drive which is where the main entrance is located? It might be easier to take the Anaheim Resort Area Shuttle which will pick you up at your hotel and drop you off at the main entrance.

By the looks of a map you should be able to come down and get to the parking structure off Walnut to Magic Way ... and yes, the area is safe.

Chip Carlton
08-13-2008, 11:24 PM
The hotel off of Hotwire for $50.00 and already paid for. It IS set in stone. I wasn't afraid of the "area" being safe I mean as far as not getting hit by traffic...is there walkways/sidewalks that lead into the parking structure?

meldan98
08-14-2008, 03:22 PM
We have actually stayed at this hotel 3 or 4 times. It is a nice hotel (as long as you don't get a high school group on your floor - we were the only non-school group room on the floor).

The walk has a couple of options. You will take a left out of the hotel and walk to the drive way of the parking areas. You will turn left on this this street. You will then come up to an intersection (with lights and a cross walk). You can go right and walk toward the Lilo and Stitch parking lot, the Disneyland Hotel and Downtown Disney or you can go left and walk down the side walk to the tram walkway (note: you will walk past a toll booth and no one ever stops you.) and get in line for the tram. We typically go the Downtown Disney route and stop and get Jamba Juice on our way in and take it to the park for breakfast.

Other feedback on the hotel. I think the high school thing was a fluke. We had requested 2 rooms with one being handicap accessible room. Our dd was 1 and in pack and play and we wanted a room that was a little larger. We had never traveled with her before at that age. When we asked to be moved, they couldn't move us because all of the other accessible rooms were taken. Come to find out, we really didn't need the space. It would have easily fit in a standard room. The staff was great and after we complained about the noise the first night, there was a chaperone in the hallway all night the next night (poor guy), but hey we needed sleep. The staff was great. There is a cafe in the lobby and we tried that once and the kids eat free (at least they did a couple of years ago) and it was average. I loved how clean the rooms were. The theme is a little dated but, the overall impression was good.