PDA

View Full Version : Mini-Golf

Minniefan68
08-11-2008, 10:00 AM
Hi,

I just heard about Fantasia Gardens and Wintersummerland.

Anybody every play mini-golf at the World?

Is either course better than the other? Where are they located and how could I get there from our resort? We'll be at BC.

Thanks

C :minnie2:

TexasPrincessAurora
08-11-2008, 10:37 AM
Fantasia Gardens is next to the Dolphin and the Swan. Really the only way to get to it is to drive. I suppose you could take transportation to either the Dolphin and the Swan and walk to it, but it would be a bit of a hike.

Winter Summerland is adjacent to Blizzard Beach. As long as you go during BB hours you can take WDW Transport to BB and take the walkway to WS.

We've played all the courses multiple time. Winter Summerland is far and away our favorite. The themeing is incredible. It's well maintained. It's secluded. It's much more a kid friendly course. Our DS loved it when he was 2..still loves it now. FG is a more challenging course. Last time I was there it was in need of some TLC. One side is a par 3 with sand traps and is definitely not kid friendly.

Having said that they are both worth playing...but take time to play WS first.

disneymom15
08-11-2008, 10:43 AM
We've played both options at Fantasia Gardens. One is your typical mini golf course with obstacles to go thru. the other is like a "mini" golf course. Both are fun.

Janmac
08-11-2008, 12:51 PM
The typical miniature golf side of Fantasia was our first Disney mini-golf, years ago. We had a great time, once we found it. We took the boat from the Beach Club to the Swan, then walked past/through/around the Swan to the golf course. Very odd. I think it's better signed now. We had to keep asking, back then.

More recently we did both sides of WinterSummerland (one is Winter and one is Summer). This was easier to get to as you take the Blizzard Beach bus - as long as BB is open, as one poster said. If you're going to golf in the evening, you'd need other transport.

WinterSummerland is over the top in theming. Very crazy and fun. We had horrible scores because we were laughing so much. But we do have some great photos. :thumbsup:

Fantasia is much quieter in the theming. Perhaps more elegant (tongue in cheek - 'cause, I mean, we're talking hippos in tutus).

We're hoping to work in some more mini-golf on our upcoming trip, and we're planning WinterSummerland.

Enjoy - they're all fun.

Jan

joelkfla
08-12-2008, 01:29 AM
More recently we did both sides of WinterSummerland (one is Winter and one is Summer). This was easier to get to as you take the Blizzard Beach bus - as long as BB is open, as one poster said. If you're going to golf in the evening, you'd need other transport.
The bus between Epcot and BB runs until 11 p.m., even though BB is closed. Guests can transfer at Epcot for their resort.

The bus may run through Coronado Springs on the way, so plan on a 25 minute ride to Epcot, or possibly longer if there are any wheelchair delays.

Vito
08-12-2008, 02:19 AM
The mini golf courses (4 of them) are all nice. There are two at each location. At Fantasia Gardens, there's the "fairways" course that I do not recommend for children or people just looking for a fun little game of golf. It's a much more "serious" course for people who looking for a more advanced challenge. It's not incredibly difficult if you're good at putting, but it's just not something you casually play like the other "standard" courses.

They're definitely all worth it if you're into mini-golf though.

Janmac
08-13-2008, 11:31 PM
Thanks, joelkfla, that's good to know info. We could transfer at Epcot.

Jan

Bama Mickey
08-16-2008, 11:49 AM
We have to play at least one every time we visit. The kids love both courses. You really can't go wrong with either course. We try to fit it in mid-trip when everyone is trying to get their second wind and need a nighttime activity that doesn't involve a lot of walking. Hope this helps. :mickey:

BM

AwPhooey
08-16-2008, 12:16 PM
My family has played at both sites and we preferred Fantasia Gardens over Wintersummerland, in particular the Fantasia Fairways course.

When we play miniature golf, we enjoy courses that are difficult because of hills, water, etc., not strange obstacles in our way, so Fantasia Fairways was right up our alley. :thumbsup: