PDA

View Full Version : Beverly Hills Chihuahua (opens Oct. 3)

NotaGeek
08-10-2008, 01:02 PM
Unfortunately this movie is Disney ... so I feel compelled to open a thread about it.

The Official BHC Site (http://disney.go.com/disneypictures/beverlyhillschihuahua/)

Yahoo! BHC Site (http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1809922965/info)

Minnie Imagineer
08-10-2008, 02:57 PM
I just laugh when I hear about this....I don't think i'll comment any further!

Oh, and dosen't the title font looks like Indiana Jones'???!?!

NotaGeek
08-10-2008, 04:53 PM
Oh, and dosen't the title font looks like Indiana Jones'???!?!

I am pretty sure they did that for on purpose ... kind of like a play on the fact that's it's an adventure for the Chihuahua.

Melanie
08-10-2008, 06:57 PM
.... so I feel compelled to open a thread about it.

:laughing:

GrumpyFan
08-11-2008, 12:04 PM
I'm embarrassed for Disney on this. Why, why, why?!?!?

Are there not any new, original ideas left that they couldn't come up with something better than this? Ugh! Well, hopefully it makes enough at the box office and DVD sales to pay for itself.

MegaDisney
08-11-2008, 10:40 PM
Don't you guys see what a cinematic masterpiece this is? I am sure it will sweep the Oscars and you guys will be eating your words!

Plans are already in place for a major e-ticket attraction based on this movie. :thumbsup:

Just Kidding.

My boss is a Chihuahua owner/rescuer and she is looking forward to this.

I think we are looking at this with adult eyes, my nephew is excited. I am sure kids will love it.

Melanie
08-11-2008, 11:38 PM
I think we are looking at this with adult eyes, my nephew is excited. I am sure kids will love it.

Oh, no doubt Bryant. We'll see it, and the boys will love it for sure.

LauraleeH
08-12-2008, 11:25 AM
It made my mom laugh and when she asked my dad to take her on a date to it, he freaked. So I will see it with her. I don't think it will be that bad.

SurferStitch
08-13-2008, 03:08 PM
I think it looks pretty cute. Kids will probably love it, and that's what matters.

I still sing the Chihuahua song now and then. I just like it. :blush:

Actually, I just checked out the trailer, and it looks a lot better than people are making it sound. Don't think I'll see it in the theater, but I'll definitely get it on Blu-Ray.

Stich8818
08-14-2008, 05:12 PM
It would not be that bad if they would just take the " Walt Disney Pictures"..Part to it...I thik that is my hang up on it. Im sure the kids will love this movie..and thats who it's aimed for....

I still cringe everytime I see the trailer...But that is just me..

PirateLover
08-15-2008, 09:06 AM
The original trailer was horrendous. Really bad marketing I feel. It told you nothing about the movie and many people were simply annoyed with it. The TV commercials are better, it reminds me a little of Homeward Bound. I still won't see it, but maybe it's not gonna be SOOOO bad.

2Epcot
10-06-2008, 10:00 AM
Well that little canine film that was so heavly "dogged" on this board made $29 million dollars this weekend. I guess that last "bark" goes to Disney. I had no reason to believe this film wouldn't do well. :mickey:

NotaGeek
10-06-2008, 01:11 PM
Well that little canine film that was so heavly "dogged" on this board made $29 million dollars this weekend. I guess that last "bark" goes to Disney. I had no reason to believe this film wouldn't do well. :mickey:

I don't think anyone said the film wouldn't do well, we all just thought it was embarrassing. I knew kids would love it ... and Disney does need a paycheck every once in a while.

2Epcot
10-06-2008, 03:51 PM
I don't think anyone said the film wouldn't do well, we all just thought it was embarrassing. I knew kids would love it ... and Disney does need a paycheck every once in a while.

Embarrassing to who? The movie is geared for kids. I said in one of my first post, there have always been these kind of movies, I remember them when I was a kid (minus all the digital animation). This film made the highest box office ever for a Disney film in October, so I doubt anyone in Burbank is embarrassed.

ryca1dreams
10-06-2008, 09:41 PM
Embarrassing to who? The movie is geared for kids. I said in one of my first post, there have always been these kind of movies, I remember them when I was a kid (minus all the digital animation). This film made the highest box office ever for a Disney film in October, so I doubt anyone in Burbank is embarrassed.

I suppose the "most universally understood language" in your Walt Disney quote is money then?

I just think Disney/Pixar/whoever needs to be more imaginative with their story ideas - I for one am tired of talking animal films. Surely with all the talent in Disney Corporate there is an amazing new idea somewhere that would be both commercially profitable and artistically unique.

NotaGeek
10-06-2008, 11:05 PM

You are right, no one in Burbank is embarrassed and maybe you and others follow the same thinking? I just figure that millions of Disney fans might really want to see quality films geared for kids, or anyone else, have the Disney name on them ... of course, maybe this movie will be nominated for an Oscar and will be proudly placed among the other films in the Disney vault as opposed to merely being the highest October premier in Disney history.

2Epcot
10-07-2008, 11:13 AM
I suppose the "most universally understood language" in your Walt Disney quote is money then?

I just think Disney/Pixar/whoever needs to be more imaginative with their story ideas - I for one am tired of talking animal films.

The Walt Disney Company is around because of the most universally understood language of pictures ... Creating animated and live-action films that everyone can enjoy. Some thought Wall-E was too adult, this film goes the other direction. Also, the Disney company was built on talking animal films, both animated, live-action, and now the hybrids we have today. Where would the company be today without many decades of these types of films.

You are right, no one in Burbank is embarrassed and maybe you and others follow the same thinking? I just figure that millions of Disney fans might really want to see quality films geared for kids, or anyone else, have the Disney name on them .

I am a huge fan of animation, and have been fascinated with it since I with a kid. I personally think the TV animation today does not even come close to what I grew up watching, yet it still seems to do well, and the kids today enjoy it. Obviously millions of Disney fans did enjoy Beverly Hills Chihuahua for the film to as well as it did. The term "quality" is certainly subjective.

While I had already thought the movie was a fun entertaining movie based on the trailer. I have not had time to see this or any film recently, but I was able to go through several clips of the film on my own at work yesterday and really got to see some of the subtle detail done by the compositor/animators on this film. Some great work was done on this movie from a production standpoint ... Most of which is completely lost on the general public.

While seeing a bunch of dogs run around talk and sing maybe not everyone's thing, and not even my first choice to see all the time, this film looked OK to me. Maybe because I have such a broad love of all types and styles of film and take each film for what it was intended, this film never seemed below Disney to me. There are lots of film that will never win Oscars, but can be successful franchises for a studio. This is certainly not a Pixar level film, but with so few family films parents can take their kids to, there will always be a place for a Beverly Hills Chihuahua.

LauraleeH
10-08-2008, 09:37 PM
Has anyone actually seen this? I want to know if it's any good. I've been meaning to see it but just don't have the time or money.

jrkcr
10-12-2008, 11:54 PM
I went with DH,DD16, DD14, and DD8 to see this movie today. We all give it a :thumbsup:!!
It was cute and fun. I happen to like movies with talking animals. I'm sure we'll own this movie.

(i liked it better than wall-e :shake:)

2Epcot
10-13-2008, 11:57 AM
I went with DH,DD16, DD14, and DD8 to see this movie today. We all give it a :thumbsup:!!
It was cute and fun.

You were among many others ... Chihuahua made another 17 million dollars this weekend, bringing the two week total to $52,541,000.00

I've been working too much to go to any movies, but it looks like a fun film.

Melanie
10-13-2008, 06:02 PM
I liked it fine, considering I'm not a big dog fan. Cute story and funny in parts. My boys liked it as well.

pink
10-15-2008, 07:12 PM
I was forced into seeing this. My younger brother enjoyed it, the rest of the clan didn't. I think it was too long. Wasn't the best Disney movie I've ever seen. That movie Bolt looks funny. :mickey:

LauraleeH
03-09-2009, 02:34 AM
I really enjoyed this movie! I just saw it last night, and I agree with Pink, I thought it was too long. I've noticed a trend in Disney movies lately. I get "satisfied" or...bored...after exactly 1 hour. I loved the first hour of National Treasure 2 and thought I was going to lose my mind for the second hour. TOO LONG! I was ready for Beverly Hills to end, but when I looked at the DVD player, it had been 1 hour and 2 minutes. But other than the drawn out ending, it was really cute and not as annoying as I was anticipating. By the way, I'm deathly allergic to dogs, therefore I'm never around them and don't understand the appeal or why people are so obsessed, and I still liked this, so that's a lot coming from me...