PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone ever done an Adventures By Disney trip?

TiggeRia
08-10-2008, 11:18 AM
Not sure if this is in the right forum or not...

Has anyone ever done any of the tours offered by Adventures by Disney. I'm looking to go somewhere new next year and I've wanted to try one of these tours for a long time. DBF and I would like to go on one possibly next summer and some of the trips look like they could be a lot of fun. If anyone has been on one or knows someone who has, I would really appreciate any information. Thanks! :mickey:

TheRustyScupper
08-10-2008, 01:14 PM
1) We did American Southwest, because we were offered a super deal.
2) It was good, and it was well done.
3) However, I wouldn't pay retail for it.
4) It is very expensive compared to other tours available.
5) I have heard the same from people who have taken the foreign trips.

Tink1
08-17-2008, 12:34 PM
I did the Lonodon/Paris one. It is expensive, and it can be done cheaper. But it was truly 5 Star all the way.

There were things that we did and saw that would not have been available to me any other way. Having a personal French Art History expert taking us through the Louvre gave me an insight I would not have had otherwise. (Like..... while we saw the Mona Lisa, she said she did not feel that was his best work and took us to see his painting of John the Baptist and I had to agree)

There were many little things that did add to the experience that were so wonderful. I would like to next do the Czech Republic one or Germany. I prefer to do guided tours for countries where there is a language barrier for me.

AND it was great for me since someone else had it all planned out and i truly got to vacation with my sons!

Nanci

SallyP
08-17-2008, 07:31 PM
In 23 days we'll be flying to Rome for the Viva Italia! tour! Thanks to Debbie at Magical Journeys for taking care of the details...
We are flying in a day early to 'acclimate' ourselves to the time change and get some extra tastes of gelato. :blush:
Expensive - yes but so is everything Disney!
I have read only glowing reviews of the Disney Tour guides and the 'extras' that Disney provides. Small groups, beautiful hotels, transfers from the airport to the hotel, Eurostar to Venice, by-pass the lines at the Vatican, on and on. This type of 'guided' tour is not for everyone but it is the right thing for us. We decided to do an adult only tour since we are way empty nesters and didn't want to take availability away from families that might want to travel.
Which tour were you thinking about?

BlueTinky
08-30-2008, 08:29 PM
I did the Lonodon/Paris one. It is expensive, and it can be done cheaper. But it was truly 5 Star all the way.

There were things that we did and saw that would not have been available to me any other way. Having a personal French Art History expert taking us through the Louvre gave me an insight I would not have had otherwise. (Like..... while we saw the Mona Lisa, she said she did not feel that was his best work and took us to see his painting of John the Baptist and I had to agree)

There were many little things that did add to the experience that were so wonderful. I would like to next do the Czech Republic one or Germany. I prefer to do guided tours for countries where there is a language barrier for me.

AND it was great for me since someone else had it all planned out and i truly got to vacation with my sons!

Nanci

It is cheap when you look at what you get. You could not do this trip on your own and get everything for cheaper. They include meals, tickets, gifts, expensive hotels, etc. Doing this on you own would cost a lot more and you wouldn't have the guides to help you out.