PDA

View Full Version : POR Upgrade to King bed at checkin?

WDW&MK
08-10-2008, 11:02 AM
When we made our reservations, no king beds were available. Anyone ever ask for a king bed upgrade at checkin? Was there an extra cost at that time?
Thanks for the info!!

andmomlau
08-10-2008, 11:45 AM
You must have read my mind! We leave this Wednesday for POR and at the time we made the reservations, I didn't think to request a King. I have been wondering for a few days, should I call POR directly, call MK reservations, or just wait until we arrive on Wednesday and see if one is available?

TammiMcMan
08-10-2008, 12:08 PM
WDW&MK, king beds are a bookable category at POR. Whether or not they will charge you more depends on what type of room view you have booked. If it's a standard view, then I believe the difference is about $15 more per night. If there's nothing available right now through reservations, I would definitely ask at check-in.

andmomlau, as I mentioned, at POR king beds are not filled through requests, they are a bookable category. If you really want one, you need to call CRO and see if you can change your reservation. Otherwise, the same as above would apply. You can ask at check-in and any additional charges would be dependent on what type of room you currently have reserved.

WDW&MK
08-10-2008, 05:12 PM
Thank you Tammi! That makes sense. I am currently in the garden view category, so I would need to pay the extra. I will definitely ask at checkin to see if anything opened up.
Thanks! :mickey:
Kari