PDA

View Full Version : What's up with the pillows?

Minniefan68
08-10-2008, 10:10 AM
We've stayed at BWV two years in a row '06/'07 and found the pillows to be horrible.

While the beds were quite comfortable and it really 'felt like home' in the villa, the pillows were more like a lumpy foam ball.

We are staying at BCV this November and want to know if the pillows are any better there? Or are they the same (type) there and all the other resorts?

Maybe I should make some room in my luggage and bring my own.

C :minnie2:

TheRustyScupper
08-10-2008, 12:32 PM
1) Pillows are so individual.
2) The pillows you don't like, others love.

big blue and hairy
08-10-2008, 02:48 PM
While the beds were quite comfortable and it really 'felt like home' in the villa, the pillows were more like a lumpy foam ball.

Well, what's up
with the pillows is apparently not down... Sorry, I just had to....

:sulley:

disneydeb
08-10-2008, 02:53 PM
I always bring my own pillow.

DDuck66
08-11-2008, 10:02 AM
We have gotten spoiled with Memory Foam pillows at home, so we always bring our own. It seems that more and more places including WDW are using the cheaper foam pillows that give little or no support.

MississippiDisneyFreak
08-11-2008, 01:05 PM
We've learned to bring our own pillows:cloud9:

Minniefan68
08-11-2008, 01:20 PM
1) Pillows are so individual.
2) The pillows you don't like, others love.

But a $10 pillow still feels like a $10 pillow no matter if it's at the Poly or Pop. With Disney spending so much money on high quality mattresses, why do they skimp on pillows?

LudwigVonDrake
08-11-2008, 07:04 PM
I had no problems with the pillows :shrug:

MickeyMousse
08-11-2008, 07:16 PM
I had no problems with the pillows :shrug:

:ditto:

Neither have we!

Polynesian Dweller
08-11-2008, 09:11 PM
But a $10 pillow still feels like a $10 pillow no matter if it's at the Poly or Pop. With Disney spending so much money on high quality mattresses, why do they skimp on pillows?

I don't know for sure, but I kind of doubt that this is a question of skimping. Coming from my experience as a hotelier at one point, having pillows that everyone likes is almost impossible, no let me say that again, its impossible. If you get firm pillows people who like soft are unhappy, if you get soft people who like firm are unhappy, if you get something in the middle people who like them really firm and those who like them really soft are unhappy. Its really a no win situation. Oh, and because of allergies hoteliers really are forced to go with a fairly generic fill rather than true feather pillows for example.

As others have said, the only way to really ensure yourself the perfect pillow is to take your own if that's an option.

EditReject
08-11-2008, 09:39 PM
I just got back yesterday after a week at ASMO and yes the pillows are big and lumpy but after each day of marching around the parks in the August heat, once my head hit the pillow I did not care! :mickey:

andreallybadeggs
08-11-2008, 10:33 PM
Well, what's up
with the pillows is apparently not down... Sorry, I just had to....

:sulley:

:D

Daddy Mouse
08-11-2008, 10:34 PM
I use a body pillow and will be bringing it with me. Unforunately, I have left some good pillows at hotels. By the time I realize it it is too late to turn back and retrieve. I just consider it a donation.

Mousemates
08-11-2008, 11:58 PM
Since we drive down, we always bring our own with us....and our preferences show why pillow selection is a no-win deal for the resort industry.

My wife likes a flat, fairly firm pillow
My son like a big,soft, fluffy pillow.
I like a long body pillow.
DD likes a foam pillow.

mrsgaribaldi
08-12-2008, 03:32 AM
I hate the pillows in all the resorts. They are too fluffy and big. I use a buckwheat pillow at home. I just bought a travel size one after reading this thread:blush:

AlyceMarie03
08-12-2008, 04:03 AM
We had Not Problems with the Pillows that were at CBR! They were Comfy to me or maybe, I was just so Exhausted after walking thru the Parks that It didn't really matter? ;):)

pixiesmimi
08-12-2008, 05:42 PM
I loved the pillows at the CBR and I am very picky about pillows. I can never find one that is just right for me and I have been through a lot. I agree that they would have a hard time pleasing everyone unless they allowed people to request which kind they liked and pulled those from the warehouse for that room. But I left the CBR wanting to take my pillow with me, I loved it so much. I immediately got on the internet trying to find out what kind it was and then they put on the Disney Link the resort bedding collection like they use in the resorts so you can purchase pillows, etc. like in the resorts. I'm finally going to get to have my pillow! :) I imagine every hotel goes through this because I have never stayed at another hotel that I have found a pillow that I was comfortable without sleeping on two of them at the same time. Seems like all hotels use the very flat ones. I think this is just a fact of life with hotels and resorts. I do carry my own pillow whenever we drive anywhere on a trip, just in case.