PDA

View Full Version : Contemporary's new edition

rkwctw
08-09-2008, 09:33 PM
We are planning a trip to WDW in 09 - any idea when the new Contempory edition will be open?

TammiMcMan
08-10-2008, 01:38 AM
Bay Lake Tower, per Figments most recent update here, http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showpost.php?p=1695482&postcount=21 , has a projected completion date of September 2009.

TheRustyScupper
08-10-2008, 12:34 PM
1) The Contemporary addition is actually a timeshare.
2) There will be a few rooms available for the public to rent.
3) The vast majority of the rooms will be timeshares.

TammiMcMan
08-10-2008, 12:50 PM
3) The vast majority of the rooms will be timeshares.Has this been confirmed Rusty? I've searched and even the DVC folks don't seem to know for sure. With this economy, added to the fact that CR is a big convention hotel and does sell out quite often, I'd think that fewer timeshares and more business type rooms is the way for them to go.

tink'72
08-10-2008, 06:37 PM
I met with my DVC sales rep last week and asked about purchasing at the new Contemporary addition and he said it has not been finalized whether or not the new building would be DVC or not and he gave me no opening date. However, after talking to another DVC sales person in the parks she did allude to the fact that it would be DVC but gave me not dates. She did mention that the dues would most likely be very high.