PDA

View Full Version : Magical Express & Spirit Air

tarkin
08-09-2008, 09:20 PM
Just called WDW with my flight info. I seem to remember when I went in '05 I had to pick up my luggage and couldn't use this part of the service. Is this still the case or can I trust that my luggage will arrive at the resort?

BMan62
08-09-2008, 09:41 PM
As long as you are flying into MCO and staying in a WDW Resort, you can use the incoming baggage handling portion of the DME service. It does not matter what airline you fly in on. The yellow tags are pulled before the luggage is put on the carousel, sorted by resort, and shipped to your resort.

CleveRocks
08-09-2008, 09:53 PM
Just called WDW with my flight info. I seem to remember when I went in '05 I had to pick up my luggage and couldn't use this part of the service. Is this still the case or can I trust that my luggage will arrive at the resort?
From the very first day of Disney's Magical Express, EVERYONE on EVERY AIRLINE got the automatic luggage delivery from airport to resort (as long as your bags had DME tags on them). It's a widespread but unfortunate belief that you have to fly on a certain airline to get the luggage delivery on your arrival day. Airline only matters on your last day, for luggage handling on the way BACK TO THE AIRPORT from your resort.

And by the way, I flew to WDW using Spirit Airlines on May 8, 2005, the 4th day DME was around, so I know from personal experience as well as "book knowledge.":mickey:

jonahbear2006
08-10-2008, 12:02 AM
whoa whoa whoa, so what happens with returning your luggage back to the airport at the end of your stay?

Vito
08-10-2008, 12:36 AM
whoa whoa whoa, so what happens with returning your luggage back to the airport at the end of your stay?If the airline you're using does not have Disney resort luggage check-in, you bring your luggage to the DME bus with you. Your luggage is placed on the bus and travels to the Airport with you. You then take your luggage off the bus and check in at the airline check-in desk or skycap location.

So basically, DME works the same for ANYONE regardless of airline, the only difference is that only a few airlines have luggage check-in at the resort. Any other airlines and your only choice is to load your luggage onto the DME transport, then check in the luggage yourself at the airport.

tarkin
08-12-2008, 05:02 PM
Good to know I don't have to worry. Although with only one suitcase I may just pick it up myself.

Vito
08-13-2008, 01:12 AM
Good to know I don't have to worry. Although with only one suitcase I may just pick it up myself.Keep in mind that if you decide to pick up your luggage yourself from the airport baggage claim, you must NOT attach the yellow DME tags to your luggage before your flight. If you do so, your luggage will not make it to the baggage claim area - it will be picked up by Disney before it even makes it to the baggage claim.

You certainly may use DME without using the yellow tags - simply don't attach the tags, then pick up your luggage as normal. Once you have done that, proceed to the DME check-in and you can then load your luggage on the transport with you on your way to the hotel.

tarkin
08-13-2008, 03:54 PM
Thanks, good to know. I seem to remember now that we opted to pick up our luggage last time.