PDA

View Full Version : Pofq

almccart
08-09-2008, 05:17 PM
What is your honest opinon about Port orleans Resort ( french qtr). Have any suggestions??? :mickey:

Jenemmy
08-09-2008, 05:26 PM
I stayed at POFQ this past January for the first time. I found the grounds to be charming and quaint. It was a quiet, peaceful retreat after a day on the go. I love the boat option to Downtown Disney and thought the bus service was great.

If I had to find drawbacks, I would tell you that the food court is smallish (but the beignets make up for that!!!) and the room decor wasn't really my cup of tea. Nothing wrong with it and certainly not shabby, just not my preference.

ibelieveindisneymagic
08-09-2008, 06:44 PM
We love POFQ! It has become our Disney home away from home!

We really enjoy the small-size, everything is close by, from the food court, the pool, the buses, and even the boat to DTD along the river.

There isn't a sit-down restaurant, although the food court is more than fine, we've had good breakfasts and lunches in the food court.

The only downside is that FQ shares busses with Riverside, which can make them busier than you'd expect, but not worth worrying about.

CleveRocks
08-09-2008, 10:01 PM
I love POFQ.

I wasn't so sure I would, since I loved CBR so much. But I'd stayed at CBR twice and it was time to check out some other things but stay in the same price range. POR's theme didn't appeal to me, and in a toss-up between POFQ and CSR we decided to try POFQ first. And as I said, we loved it there.

Try not to let the "shares buses with POR" scare you away. CSR has 4 bus stops. CBR has 7 bus stops. Combined, POFQ (1) and POR (4) has 5 bus stops. So it's not like you can do a lot better at a different moderate resort. Bus-wise, the advantage to POFQ over POR is that the buses stop at POFQ first, both coming and going.

The only exception is the Downtown Disney bus, which stops at POR first in both directions. In addition, the boat to DTD stops at POR before stopping at POFQ on the way to DTD ... this means that the boat is occasionally full and can't pick-up any guests at POFQ.

PetefromRI
08-10-2008, 11:54 AM
We love it.We stayed in May and it's our new favorite moderate but we're trying CSR next month so we'll see.We found that alot of times the busses didn't even bother with POR.So far,it has the best bus service of all the resorts we've stayed at.You'll love it!

LudwigVonDrake
08-10-2008, 10:34 PM
I stayed there in July and plan on going back! I had two bad experience with the buses (a 45 minute wait at the Studios and a 40 minute wait at AK) but other than that everything was fine and I can't wait to go back.

RALPH
08-11-2008, 07:22 AM
There isn't a sit-down restaurant. That's why we stopped going. Otherwise we loved it.

Artsake
08-11-2008, 08:55 AM
We stayed there for a week in December 2005, had no complaints, I'd recommend it.

GaDisneyGal
08-11-2008, 09:51 AM
We stayed at POFQ almost two years ago and really loved it. We took the boat to Downtown Disney and that was a big hit with our kids. The bus system was speedy and the rooms were nice and clean. :thumbsup:

The Hitchhiking Ghost
08-11-2008, 02:03 PM
Everyone has covered this pretty good. Only thing that I would add is that, imho, the "grounds theming" leaves a bit to be desired. This was the 1st moderate and for that matter the 1st resort we had stayed at on Disney property, so it holds a special place for me. That said, after staying at CBR and POR, I enjoyed walking around those resorts much more than POFQ. It seemed at FQ I just walked from my building to the food court, whereas at CBR and POR I spent more time walking the grounds and enjoying the feel of the place, especially at POR where walking thru AB or the Mansions is very relaxing, or at CBR walking across the island and taking a quick nap in the hammocks and listening to the birds. Plus POR has a nicer Marina area. So when I compare FQ to the others, that would be my negative. It's the smallest of the moderates, which can definitely be a plus. But as mentioned, a smaller food court and no sit down restaraunt (although it's a short walk to Boatwrights at POR if you want that). I also want to say that FQ has no quiet pools, just the main Dabloon Lagoon (I could be mistaken though).

The good thing though, with a Disney moderate it's really near impossible to go wrong, whatever you choose.

garymacd
08-11-2008, 09:46 PM
As Stacy would say (about something completely unrelated),

"Love it.

Love it.

Love it."