PDA

View Full Version : Magical Express and SW Airlines

Susie in NM
08-09-2008, 02:22 PM
We just got our magical express luggage tags in the mail. But since we are flying on SW and I don't think they are a participating airline do we still need to put the tags on our bags?

After we arrive at MCO and pick up our luggage from the SW baggage claim we take to bags to the ME desk. Then do the bags go with us on the same bus to our resort?

Thanks for the help. You all are a great bunch.

Strmchsr
08-09-2008, 02:42 PM
Everyone can use DME on arrival. Put your luggage tags on and your bags will "magically" appear in your room with no effort on your part. The "participating" airline only impacts the return trip. Those flying "participating" airlines can use the resort check-in service on the return trip where you can check your bags at the resort instead of waiting in line at the airport. Since SW does not participate in that service you can still use DME for your return flight. You must simply bring your bags with you to the DME bus, then check them when you get to the airport. So, no worries. Be sure to check out the DME page in Info Central for all other details.

I should note IF you want to get your own bags for whatever reason, don't put the tags on the bags. Just pick them up at the baggage claim and then take your bags to the DME counter. Certainly that's an option, but plan on that adding 45 minutes or so to your time to get to the resort than letting DME handle them.

RedheadWriter
08-09-2008, 02:44 PM
Hello! My mother and I would check our bags and pick them up at baggage claim and then just bring them to the desk. You then bring them with you to the bus and they place them in the compartment and are removed when you arrive. It's easy!
HAVE A GREAT TRIP!!!!

Rachel

MuchLovedMama
08-09-2008, 06:43 PM
As strmchsr said as long as you have the yellow tags on your bags they will get them for you. The return is the only thing that is different. People who's airlines are in the plan can have their luggage sent to the airport earlier for the return flight so they don't have to worry about their luggage but SW does not participate so you will have to keep them with you when you return to the airport. Have fun!