PDA

View Full Version : Our Son Earns His Ears! Day Six

spb
08-09-2008, 12:44 AM
Thursday, May 1 Hollywood Studios

Cast: DS almost 4 years old, DH 31, and myself 30

We were meeting up with “Mema and Bosch”(DS nickname for my in-laws) today! They had flown in the day before and were staying at Animal Kingdom Lodge. The plan was to meet at the studios for half the day, then explore the AKL and enjoy dinner at Boma.

We arrived a bit before them, so killed time in Sid’s and other nearby shops. DS was crazy for the truck outside Sid’s and across the way at the filling station. Once we had all met up, we headed for Playhouse Disney. DH and I decided to ride the Great Movie Ride while DS saw the show with his Grandparents. From there, we all headed to One Man’s Dream. I loved, loved this exhibit! Thank you, Walt, for all you created! And wasn’t he handsome…great pictures of his early days!

Next up, lunch at Sci-Fi! I was really looking forward to this because I LOVE this restaurant and couldn’t wait to see DS reaction this trip. Last time, we ended up having to take our lunch to go because he was just a baby and hated the dark atmosphere. This time, I knew he would love it as cars are an obsession with him! Well, I was correct! Sci-Fi was the highlight of his trip…we even got a pink car! Now as much as I love this restaurant, the food is not spectacular. We did enjoy our usual pasta minus the shrimp and burger (DS just got the hot dog); but it was yummier this time with chocolate and strawberry shakes and desserts! The cheesecake was good, and my husband’s junior mint sundae looked great, too.

After lunch, Mema and Bosch got to watch DS’s cute reaction to 3d in Muppet Vision! In the gift shop, I was thrilled to find my sister a Bean Bunny plush! He’s always been her favorite Muppet. My little son was equally excited to see Lights, Motor, Action! Cars again! We’d never seen this before and really enjoyed it. Our little son kept insisting that his imaginary friend, “Frenchin”, was driving the red car even after the driver’s name was announced! “No, that’s Dave Tomase Frenchin”, he maintained. So funny! When the show ended, we got some much needed water and decided to have DS go with Mem and Bosch to the HISTK playground while DH and I rode Star Tours. Once we met up again, we killed some more time at the playground as DS was having a ball in the “spooky caves”. He was getting weary, though, and walked right onto a slide slipping face first to the bottom! Time to head to the Lodge.

After waiting a ridiculous amount of time for a bus (my in law’s one complaint about their hotel), we made it to the beautiful AKL! I had loved just exploring the lobby and giftshop on a previous trip, so couldn’t wait to see the rooms. Gorgeous! I love the huge bed pillows and sheer drapings at the headboard, the granite counters and primitive animal paintings on the backsplash (especially the rhino!) in the kitchen area, and the flatscreen tv looks great, too! Outdoors, the giraffes (we got to see a baby!), playground, and BEAUTIFUL pool were highlights. DS got a lot of pool time in with Mem, and I was even wishing I had brought my bathing suit to take advantage of it. That pool at night was just amazing! Our dinner at Boma was great, as well. My new favorite dessert is cassava cake! Yum! This resort was a hit all the way around. I really like how themed it is…you can feel “Disney theme park” throughout and I love that.

We left the AKL quite late and had a long, uncomfortable ride back to the Boardwalk. The bus kept fluctuating from extreme mugginess to freezing cold. Luckily, DS son slept through all of the ride because it was late and I wanted him to be in good spirits for our last day in the parks.

mouseketeer mom
08-09-2008, 08:42 AM
Boy, you're little guy is having the time of his life with all of his "car" adventures! Thanks for sharing!

#1disneyfan
08-09-2008, 11:13 PM
What a great day! We loved the AKL but we had the same complaint your in-laws did.

the other micki
08-10-2008, 12:21 AM
Another fabulous day! I know my boys will love Sci-Fi when we go there in April! :thumbsup:

faline
08-10-2008, 04:52 PM
Glad you were able to make such a hit for your little car enthusiast! What a great trip!

daparish
08-10-2008, 07:41 PM
Another great day!!

Lizzie
08-10-2008, 09:30 PM
Thanks for all your reports I have really enjoyed reading about your trip.

WinnipegDisneyFanatic
08-11-2008, 01:14 AM
Loved the report! Looking forward to reading how your final day went!

Chris :hatter:

MississippiDisneyFreak
08-11-2008, 12:29 PM
Yet another great report

pdrlkr
08-12-2008, 10:38 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

DizNee143
08-13-2008, 02:13 PM
seems like a long day today!! thats awesome your inlaws came and you were able to spend time with them!! the rooms at the AKL sound awesome..glad you all had a great day! :mickey:

tinkerbell04
08-14-2008, 04:24 PM
Another great day! Glad your DS enjoyed his car at Sci Fi!

laward32
08-18-2008, 03:27 PM
Thanks for sharing another great day.:mickey:

ChipnDaleGal
08-21-2008, 10:45 AM
I am sure it was really fun for your in laws to see your son having so much fun at the Studios. I agree with you that the Animal Kingdom Lodge is amazing. Thanks for the report. :mickey:

January-2007
10-15-2008, 08:22 AM
Thanks for the trip report. :mickey: