PDA

View Full Version : Our Son Earns His Ears! Day Five

spb
08-09-2008, 12:42 AM
4/30/08 Epcot and MK

Cast: DS almost 4 years old, DH 31, and myself 30

After watching Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, we headed down to the Boardwalk Bakery for breakfast this morning. DS LOVED that show during the trip! Back home we’re still singing the opening and closing songs and “meeska mouska” is a new favorite saying…two stuffed animals have even been given this as a name! Anyhow, we had realized we were going to have extra snack credits, so our favorite BB breakfast of chocolate chip muffins, chocolate croissants, and chocolate milk was a must.

We got to Epcot for rope drop this morning…the 11:00 World Showcase one, that is! I took a picture for my Mother-in-Law, as this is a joke with us! We shopped and took pictures in the UK and Morocco, then walked through the tin toy exhibit in Japan. We loved the outdoor dining area near the restaurant, so peaceful. I don’t know how we’d never noticed it before; but we made a note to eat there some day. From there, we went to the American Adventure. After the show, we went back to Germany for the Smart Car matchbox DS had regretted not buying on our first night in Epcot. We got pictures with Snow White and Dopey on our way out of the pavilion. Our little son really wasn’t into the face characters. At that point we decided on lunch in Mexico; but stopped to get DS a hot dog at the African outpost. We wound up waiting for 20 minutes with a huge line growing behind us because the server couldn’t figure out how to use the dining plan credits and would not let her coworker into the food stand to assist her! He finally did get in and resolved the issue quickly. We somehow ended up with a chocolate ice cream cone instead of chocolate milk and a large lemonade, too. As my Husband put it when I asked about the whole ordeal, “Hun, don’t even ask. I ordered a kids hot dog with a milk and left with a foot long and a super size lemonade!” We were laughing hysterically!

Our lunch at Cantina de San Angel was delicious! Tried churros for the first time because they came with our meal…they were okay. While in Mexico, we did the boat ride again before heading over to the monorail to the Magic Kingdom. We got to ride up front in the Monorail on the way to the TT. Very cute co-pilot licenses!

Our first stop in Magic Kingdom was the Chapeau to get DS his monogrammed Mickey ears. He had indeed “earned his ears” this trip. Our last trip, he was just a year old and cranky quite a bit, so sticking mouse ears on him wouldn’t have made him very happy! We watched the parade while we waited for our hat to be finished. DH ran over to Pooh Bear for Fastpasses and also got bonus ones for Philharmagic. They were unnecessary because the park was pretty dead (as it was most of the trip); but it was still nice to get them. We redid the Speedway, COP, and Buzz all at DS request. I thought it was very cute he requested to revisit COP…good taste! Buzz Lightyear was posing for pictures there, so we got one with him.

Next, we visited Toontown and DS was thrilled to see Mickey and Minnie’s houses! He was absolutely fascinated. Goofy’s Barnstormer was not a hit, however. This surprised us because he loves a similar kiddie coaster at a park we visit closer to home. We grabbed the Toontown train and rode it around to Frontierland. DS and I caught naps along the way! I guess the busy days were catching up with us and we felt tired that afternoon. DS was whining, “I want to get holded” quite a bit. Once awake, we checked the wait for Splash Mountain and DH decided he didn’t want to waste time on something we couldn’t do together, so we headed to Fantasyland for Pooh Bear, Philharmagic, Dumbo, and Small World. We then grabbed dinner at Pecos Bill again (I must eat here more than once on a trip)! I believe we did Pirates and HM after dinner? Then it was time to settle in for Wishes.

We went to my favorite snack stop, Sleepy Hollow, for ice cream cookie sandwiches and floats to enjoy during the show. Liberty Square is my favorite place in WDW, and Ichabod is mine and DS’s favorite Disney cartoon, so this snack area is a must for us. Our view of Tinkerbell was AMAZING from Sleepy Hollow! I was so happy because I really wanted our little son to see her, it’s so neat! During wishes, it was quite cold and DS put his jacket on. Inside his pocket, he found a party napkin from my parent’s house and he hugged it squeeling,”Mem!”(Gram) Too cute! The darn thing almost blew away a minute later and of course I had to chase it down to take home because of the reaction DS had to it!

When wishes ended, we sat a bit to avoid leaving with a crowd, and further killed time at the lakeside tables near the ice cream shop. I was going to enjoy a peaceful stroll down Main Street tonight! We made plans with my in-laws for the next day, while waiting.

When we finally got on Main Street, the crowds were gone and we enjoyed the beautiful surroundings. Main Street at night is my second favorite location in WDW, it’s just so gorgeous! We took lots of pictures, particularly of the shop windows. Then we decided it was time to get home to bed. We stopped one last time to look at the castle and I gave my guys each a kiss for luck in such a magic place. We started waking out to the buses; but I turned around at least a dozen more times to take it all in! Painful to leave such a pretty place…I always joke that it’s Xanadu! We did eventually leave and made it back to the hotel quickly. Off to sleep to be rested for the next day at the Studios…

Ropachs
08-09-2008, 08:14 AM
I thought I was the only person who even knew what Xanadu was!:thumbsup:

mouseketeer mom
08-09-2008, 08:37 AM
You guys really make the most of your days. Another fun report. I feel like I'm right there along with you!!

#1disneyfan
08-09-2008, 11:08 PM
Thanks for sharing another great report! How great that the crowds were low!

the other micki
08-10-2008, 12:15 AM
Always a delight reading your reports! :mickey3:

faline
08-10-2008, 04:39 PM
Your son truly did earn his ears! Another lovely day for your entire family!

daparish
08-10-2008, 07:32 PM
Another great day and a wonderful report.

Lizzie
08-10-2008, 09:20 PM
Thanks for another great report. And what another great day of memories with your son.

WinnipegDisneyFanatic
08-11-2008, 01:07 AM
Glad you enjoyed your day once again! That walk down Main Street must have been peaceful. Can't wait - I'll be doing mine when MK closes at 3am on Aug 31! Assuming the parks'll be quiet by then...:cloud9:

Chris :hatter:

MississippiDisneyFreak
08-11-2008, 12:19 PM
Wonderful report:number1:

tinkerbell04
08-11-2008, 08:57 PM
Great report, thanks for sharing!

pdrlkr
08-12-2008, 10:38 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

yjgirl32
08-13-2008, 09:27 AM
Very nice report. Thanks for sharing.

DizNee143
08-13-2008, 01:15 PM
yet another great day!! you guys sure do manage to get a lot accomplished during your days!!..glad you and your son were able to sneak in alittle nap!! :mickey:

laward32
08-18-2008, 03:18 PM
Perfect ending to the perfect day. What a great trip you are having.:mickey:

ChipnDaleGal
08-21-2008, 10:41 AM
Now I understand the name that you have given this trip. I am glad that your son earned his ears. i am sure he was very proud of them. Thanks for sharing another great day with us. :mickey:

January-2007
10-15-2008, 08:19 AM
Thanks for reporting! :mickey: