PDA

View Full Version : Disney Planning Videos

angua85
08-08-2008, 06:39 PM
Does anyone else have a collection of the Disney Vacation Planning Videos? And watch them to get "in the mood" for their upcoming trip?

I am taking my two adult daughters (22 and 25) to Disney World in early September as a last "girls adventure." We have been several times before, but its been a while since our last adventure. Our upcoming one is 24 -or so days away- I cant wait!! And I am watching the different planning videos I have collected because I must!!
Anyone else?

faline
08-08-2008, 06:58 PM
I have a number of VHS and DVD planning videos which I watch from time to time - along with all the video we took during our trips!

msc_idiot
08-08-2008, 09:43 PM
Ofcourse@ My favorite was 2005's dvd with Erin and the gang. That one never felt like a commercial, it felt more like a group of friends going to WDW together. Much more inclusive than this years, you know?

DraganFyre
08-09-2008, 05:22 AM
My Family and I will watch anything and everything having to do with the WDW prior to our trips to the World. I love to watch the shows about each of the parks that they show on the travel channel year round. We also enjoy the vacation planning videos this year especially because we are taking my DW and DD1 for their first trips to the World. Hope your trip is AWESOME!! :darth:

brownie
08-11-2008, 09:32 AM
I enjoy watching them occasionally. I think I got rid of most, if not all, of my VHS planning videos, though.

MauiMouse
08-11-2008, 04:15 PM
Same here, I just watched the 100 Years of Magic VHS. Then watched another one, not sure what year but it was right after 100 Years I think. Anyways I lost my Tivo to a lightening strike and put my VCR back on the tv and thought why not. :mickey:

disneyboy98
08-12-2008, 12:03 AM
I love watching the VHS and DVD vacation planning videos. I especailly like dipping back into the old VHS ones for some good old memories. Some of them include:

-Chris Columbus discovering Walt Disney World and always trying to claim the land for the Queen. However, he was always distraced by something else to go and look at and never made it through the spiel.
-Mickey Mouse acting as "Dick Tracy" and searching for the missing Goofy (he found him at Splash Mountain in Disneyland as it had just opened that year).
-Of course, who could foget the "I'm going to Disney World" VHS video....classic!!