PDA

View Full Version : Our Semi-live Trip Report

murphy1
08-08-2008, 06:13 PM
I call it that b/c I just got back last night! LOL I have my pics ready too so enjoy!!

This trip was special, b/c a lot of you know I was waiting to find out if I had cancer, had my surgery, then had to postpone going to Florida from back in June, so we went now.

The pics were uploaded wrong order b/c of two memory cards, so the first part of our trip was last Friday Aug 1 which starts on pic 72 and goes on. We went to Lake Louisa in Clermont. I got some gorgeous shots of the scenery and we rented one of the 2 BR cabins. We went to the Citrus Tower!! So we stayed there three days and couldn't rent a boat b/c the water levels were low, but they had a beach and the kids loved the tadpoles.

Now on to WDW, we arrived on Sunday morning at gorgeous WL, my favorite!! Checked in and went to MG...sorry DHS, Toy Story Mania is awesome, but we waited almost an hour, due to no more FP's and then the ride shutdown, but we got FP's to come back. Love GMR and Star Tours!
Next day was our fave park MK!! We got there opening and did our usual FL and CP breakfast, which is always good and a few other rides prior to going back for a swim. A great night lay ahead, we got the girls in PJ's and went over to Polynesian to check them into Neverland Club and then we headed to Ohana. I had 2 Lapus!! We then got the kids and went to Poly Beach and saw the Water Pageant and Fireworks.
Next day was Epcot. Our baby is now 4 and tall enough for the rides and she loved TT and Soarin', it was fun to watch her go on everything. We had lunch at GG and I'm sad this one is gone in October as it is our favorite place to eat. John took the two younger girls back to the room and me and Lindsey stayed and had a fun time going to the countries, Figment and Mexico boat ride. We came back to WL to swim and met up with our gang, got back to Epcot for Illuminations and a quick dinner at Electric Umbrella (ugh, I know, all that great food and I had to eat there, LOL!)
Next day we gave them the option of MK or AK and they chose MK (we did not do Park Hoppers this trip). We did TL and it was empty, so we did the rockets and then a few other things. We also kept getting FP at Pooh for Philharmagic. Ate lunch at Col. Hbr House and later did a few more rides and then back to WL for swimming of course. My dd wanted her hair wrapped too, so I let her. She also lost her last baby tooth! The front desk gave her a balloon and tooth box, she got a whopping $5 b/c the tooth fairy only brings the big bux to Disney! Went back to MK for Fireworks and Spectro and Aladdin, oh, they also wanted to visit the Treehouse b/c I did that when I was little and they never did.
So here I am back!I talked to so many great people too, dh thinks I am too chatty!

Highlights:
Dinner with no kids (love NL Club worth every $$)
Best meal: Garden Grill
Best CM: Joe at Kidcot stop in The Land
Rudest guest (sorry, have to do it!) the lady at Philharmagic who sat smack in the middle, yelling in Spanish at her party who was a few rows ahead and talking on her cell phone when it starts!
Favorite guest: This lady from California who we kept seeing with her two sons, she was very cool!Also the people at our hotel from Maryland we kept running into.
Favorite drink: Tie between Lapu Lapu and the WL pool bar which had a fantastic Captain's Mai Tai.
Souveniers: Candy for teachers and neighbors, Mickey Mouse earrings and a cute die cast monorail for me, stuffed animals for the girls.

Here's the photos (there are a lot!)

http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=8EYtmjlo0bsjW&emid=sharshar&linkid=link5

faline
08-08-2008, 07:01 PM
Sounds like lots of fun! Your link doesn't seem to connect to your Disney World pics!

brianlw71
08-08-2008, 07:06 PM
Great pics. Looks like ya had an awesome time:thanks:

Lizzie
08-08-2008, 07:09 PM
Thanks for the report and sharing your pictures.

vizsla
08-09-2008, 06:19 AM
Thanks for the report.

#1disneyfan
08-09-2008, 11:00 PM
Thanks for sharing your great report and pics!

KatMark
08-09-2008, 11:19 PM
Thanks for the report...you have a beautiful family (and love your Obama shirt--I have an autographed picture of me with the Senator on my desk at work!).

Susie in NM
08-09-2008, 11:49 PM
Thanks for the report and the great pictures. I read on another thread that there was construction going on at WL. Did you notice this and was it very extensive??? We are planning a trip to WL next month and certainly was not expecting construction.

murphy1
08-10-2008, 08:53 AM
Hi Susie, it wasn't too bad construction-wise, just a couple times it bothered us. I wrote that over on the accommodations thread. Not sure how long it will be going on. Hopefully someone can update. Oh, I promised my friend I would wear the shirt, but dh wouldn't let me wear it anywhere else other than the balcony, LOL.

daparish
08-10-2008, 07:45 PM
What a great trip. Sounds like you had a wonderful time.:mickey:

MississippiDisneyFreak
08-11-2008, 01:17 PM
Thanks for the report;)

ChipnDaleGal
08-11-2008, 04:26 PM
Sounds like that was a trip worth waiting for. Thanks for sharing with us. :mickey:

pogo
08-12-2008, 09:18 AM
Shari.... thank you so much for sharing your vacation with us. :mickey:

You have a beautiful family. I can't wait to meet you one day and share a possum dinner with you.

The photo's were great and I especially loved the ones of the sunsets. That is one thing no one can charge you for.

God bless. :hug:

Are you coming down in December ??? :D

yjgirl32
08-12-2008, 11:05 AM
Great review. Glad to hear you had a good trip. I too am sad to hear about the GG.

DizNee143
08-12-2008, 03:55 PM
sounds like you had a wonderful time..and by the pictures it also seems you had a wonderful time!!! those shots of the sceney and i think the sunsetting/rising were really beautiful!! :mickey:

iheartmickey
08-12-2008, 10:07 PM
Looks and sounds like you all had a lovely time!

Thank you for sharing!

DisneyWhirled
08-12-2008, 10:42 PM
Great pics! Thanks for sharing!! Sounds like you had a wonderful trip.

pdrlkr
08-12-2008, 10:44 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

Minniefan68
08-14-2008, 11:50 AM
I really enjoyed seeing a 'regular' family having fun at Disney. These pictures are so much better than the pictures used to advertise the parks. This is what it really looks like to have fun at Disney.

God Bless.

Cheryl

tinkerbell04
08-15-2008, 10:49 AM
Sounds like a great trip, you have some fantastic pictures. Thanks for sharing.