PDA

View Full Version : 119 days to go, now what

faberj
08-08-2008, 04:54 PM
I am wondering what I can do to help pass the time. I am on the intercot boards everyday. Anyone have any good tips you can share. Like good viewing places for all of the various fireworks.

Gibbs
08-08-2008, 05:23 PM
:cool:We are at 27 days, 23 hours and 48min, but who's counting:blush:. We actually had little parties at certian milestones. At 90 days we spent the evening watching Disney movies and making ADRS. At 60 days we had a little party and made a list of what we wanted to do on certian days. At 30 days, we made a list of rides we had to hit, what rides we wanted to ride at night. We recorded the Samantha Brown Disney specials, so we made a point to watch those at 30 days. We found this to be a really cool way to break up the wait.:mickey::thumbsup:

disneyboundagain
08-09-2008, 03:01 PM
Keep the good ideas coming! We are at 123 days until our flight leaves, and 126 days until WDW. The wait is killing me! I bought an Imagineering book to read, but I just don't have the time to read it. I guess just being busy with "life" (ie - everything other than Disney) is what helps me.

Marilyn Michetti
08-09-2008, 03:47 PM
I break down the time into manageable segments. Aug. 23rd, (mom's b-day), Labor Day, (cool weather's coming), Halloween, (finding something "safe" to pass out), and, Thanksgiving, (our turn).

I also am getting out my favorite Dec. Disney clothes, and if they're a little tight, I will (am) working to shed a few.

Figure out how much is left to save. Airline tx. are paid for, one night at SOG, done, $240 & four months on the Rewards card, etc.

It's still all waiting for Disney, but a little easier. (MAYBE).:thumbsup

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
08-10-2008, 12:58 AM
We are at 119 days today. The wait is making me crazy!!;)

Maybe we can come up with a way to help each other. LOL

Faver
08-10-2008, 08:39 AM
I'm at 130 and trying to hold on:drama:

I've gone through and rechecked my plans... they're all set. I listen to Disney music and Live 365! I'm also working out, to get in shape for the trip, so that's good....

When I get really anxious like this, I like to plan a few things between my trip to look forward to..... Like, going to the beach this October for a long weekend, going to see Cirque du Soleil when they come to town in November.

I find having other things to do that I enjoy really takes the edge off for me and the family!

BMan62
08-10-2008, 09:37 AM
37 turns of the daily planner left - 6:30am flight - should be checking into Pop Century by 10am, then off to the parks!!

Intercot is my refuge while I'm waiting, but with all the e-mails from the different Disney companies and affiliates, I am always getting something to keep me occupied.

Just got my Disney Visa quarterly mailer reminding me of the Halloween festivities and Food & Wine Festival (even though we are leaving just prior to its start.)

Also, I get weekly mailings from different Disney related websites that keep me in the mood.

Also, I search high and low on the Internet for Disney related sweepstakes to enter. (One of these days I'm going to be the lucky one to win DVC membership!!! Yeah, right!!)

There's always something to pass the time before our next trip!!

AmandaChan
08-10-2008, 12:13 PM
We always make sure to go to AK early in the morning when they open so we can get a Fast Pass to Everest as soon as we get there then we go straight to the Kilamanjaro Safari ride because there is not really a long wait that early. PLUS all of the animals get out early before it gets too hot outside and we always see tons of animals.

Don't forget to take water shoes to the water parks if you're going.
Don't forget your sunscreen.

Are your ADR's all set?

Kiss the 8 Trax club good bye for me :(