PDA

View Full Version : 2008 Epcot International Food & Wine Festival Kiosk Line-Up Announced

Figment!
08-08-2008, 03:18 PM
The Walt Disney World Resort has released the line-up of food and beverage kiosks that will be offered during the 2008 Epcot International Food & Wine Festival. Fitting with the "Great Food Cities" theme, most of this year's kiosks are named after specific cities rather than whole countries/states.

In addition to the line-up, tentative partial offerings have been announced for each location. The full offerings for each location and pricing will be released once the festival begins.

Athens, Greece Kiosk
Offerings include Greek Salad and Spanakopita

Barcelona, Spain Kiosk
Offerings include Cold Tomato and Garlic Soup, and Seared Tuna Loin with Roasted Red Peppers

Bologna, Italy Kiosk
Offerings include Baked Ziti, and Mascarpone Cream Puff with Gianduja Chocolate

Boston, USA / Hops & Barley Kiosk
Offerings include Boston Crab Cake, and New England Lobster Roll

Buenos Aires, Argentina Kiosk
Offerings include Beef & Corn Casserole, and Grilled Beef with Chimichurri

Cape Town, South Africa Kiosk
Offerings include Durban Spiced Chicken, and Bobotie with Mango Chutney

Cork, Ireland Kiosk
Offerings include Potato Leek Soup with an Irish Cheddar Cheese Stick, and Irish Cheese Selection with Apple Chutney and Brown Bread

Great Beers of the World Kiosk
Offerings TBA

Istanbul, Turkey Kiosk
Offerings include Manti with Yogurt Sauce, and Baklava

Krakow , Poland Kiosk
Offerings include Creamy Wild Mushroom Soup, and Keilbasa with Potato Pierogies

Lyon, France Kiosk
Offerings include Escargot Persillade en Brioche, Quiche Provençal, and Crème Brulée au Chocolat

Marrakesh, Morocco Kiosk
Offerings include Kefta, Bastilla, and Spicy Chicken Roll

Melbourne, Australia Kiosk
Offerings include Barramundi Fish, and Grilled Lamb Chops

Mexico City, Mexico Kiosk
Offerings include Chilaquiles, and Quesadilla con Chorizo

Montreal, Canada Kiosk
Offerings include Cheddar Cheese Soup, Maple Glazed Salmon, and Maple Custard with Almond Crumble

Munich, Germany Kiosk
Offerings include Spaetzle with Creamy Mushroom Ragout, and Apple Strudel

New Delhi, India Kiosk
Offerings include Samosa with Tamarind Sauce, and Mango Mousse

New Orleans, USA Kiosk
Offerings include Crawfish Etoufée, Seafood Gumbo, and Praline Bread Pudding

Reims, France / Champagne Kiosk
Offerings include Selection of Moët & Chandon Champagnes, and French Chocolates

San Francisco, USA Kiosk
Offerings include Seared Beef Medallion with Cheese Polenta, and California Strawberry Shortcake

San Juan, Puerto Rico Kiosk
Offerings include Mofungo with Shrimp Salsa, and Brazo Gitano

Santiago, Chile Kiosk
Offerings include Empanada, and Dulce de Leche

Shanghai, China
Offerings TBA

The European Cheesemonger Kiosk
Offerings include a selection of Dutch, Spanish and Italian Cheese

Tokyo, Japan Kiosk
Offerings include California Sushi Roll, and Spicy Tuna Roll

Vienna, Austria Kiosk
Offerings include Tafelspitz, and Beef Goulash

Wellington, New Zealand Kiosk
Offerings include Lamb Slider, and Kiwi Meringue Tart

goofyfan4466
08-08-2008, 03:45 PM
my family has never been to the f&w event.we usually go in april or may. my question is this,how much does it cost for these food choices ?, also how do they serve it ? is it sit down at the kiosks ? thanks for any info.

Terk24
08-08-2008, 03:51 PM
prices will vary. Usually everything is under $5.50, if I am not mistaken. Also, the food is served on little plates, as they are all just samplings. Also, it is very casual, you eat as you go or find a seat on a bench. We love it...Can't wait to go back this year.

lockedoutlogic
08-08-2008, 04:39 PM
it's a great event.....it can be a good value or costly depending on how you play it.....

it is possible to have a nice amount of food for less than the comparitive cost of a sit down meal.....

...or you can wing it like me and drop 100+ in a few hours......

this is one of the prime reasons why epcot is still the most imaginative....and best....amusement park ever conceived...

Lynn J Mc
08-08-2008, 04:55 PM
If you are on the dining plan they have let you use snack credits at the kiosks in the past. Don't know about this year. Sorry we are going to miss it by being a week too early. But we are getting free dining.

O'MalleytheAlleyCat
08-09-2008, 12:08 AM

I've never been, but am going for the first time over Halloween weekend. I'm sure this will be me, it all sounds so good!! :mickey:

big blue and hairy
08-10-2008, 12:16 PM
it's a great event.....it can be a good value or costly depending on how you play it.....

it is possible to have a nice amount of food for less than the comparitive cost of a sit down meal.....

this is one of the prime reasons why epcot is still the most imaginative....and best....amusement park ever conceived... While we may have disagreed on some things, this is not one of them. I'm with you 100%.

:sulley:

SallyP
08-11-2008, 08:20 AM
my family has never been to the f&w event.we usually go in april or may. my question is this,how much does it cost for these food choices ?, also how do they serve it ? is it sit down at the kiosks ? thanks for any info.

The kiosks are just little serving booths placed around the World Showcase. Food is served on small plates or bowls. There are no seating arrangements at the kiosks but just the tables, chairs and benches usually in the World Showcase, plus some extra here and there. You will learn very quickly how to eat while walking :blush: toward the next kiosk where you will sample an item.
In past years the items have been priced from $2.50 to ~ $5. In the past they also have taken the Disney Reward Card as a payment option and of course, VISA, cash, snack credits.

SurferStitch
08-11-2008, 12:56 PM
Mmmmmmmm......

So many things sound delicious!!

Can't wait to go in October! I'll be spending a lot of $$$$$$$$!!!!

Aurora
08-11-2008, 01:15 PM
Why are there cities for every kiosk except "Louisiana, USA"? Isn't it weird that they wouldn't say "New Orleans" when every other one is a city? :confused:

tinksmom02
08-11-2008, 09:22 PM
Was Oklahoma not invited back this year? ;o)

big blue and hairy
08-12-2008, 08:29 AM
Was Oklahoma not invited back this year? ;o)That was a one shot deal for some anniversary, I don't remember which one.

GO GIANTS!

:sulley:

TheRustyScupper
08-12-2008, 10:33 AM

Alas,
. . . the wind didn't come sweepin' down the plain
. . . nor this year did the wavin' wheat sure smell sweet

Goes4FastPass
08-12-2008, 11:51 AM
...or you can wing it like me and drop 100+ in a few hours..

For me, the tough thing about the FAWFestival is

Every...
single..
little...
plate...
or...
drink...
has...
a...
separate...
line...
and...
many...
lines...
are...
quite...
long...
and...
move...
very...
very...
very...
slowly.

So when you approach a Kiosk you have to first determine which line is for which exact thing and where the end of that line is then queue up, wait, pay, eat 2 bites then make your way to the next often very long line.

Popular kiosks create traffic jams as lines criss-cross across walkways.

For people 'done' with EPCOT/WS it's a swell party. For people trying to tour EPCOT it's as much inconvenience as special event.

lockedoutlogic
08-12-2008, 04:40 PM
For me, the tough thing about the FAWFestival is

Every...
single..
little...
plate...
or...
drink...
has...
a...
separate...
line...
and...
many...
lines...
are...
quite...
long...
and...
move...
very...
very...
very...
slowly.

So when you approach a Kiosk you have to first determine which line is for which exact thing and where the end of that line is then queue up, wait, pay, eat 2 bites then make your way to the next often very long line.

Popular kiosks create traffic jams as lines criss-cross across walkways.

For people 'done' with EPCOT/WS it's a swell party. For people trying to tour EPCOT it's as much inconvenience as special event.

so let me get this straight....

your major F&W complaint is a fifteen person line?

hmmmm......just wondering how you can stand to set foot in WDW if lines are an issue?

But to your point.....the jumbled setup and overcrowding around the lagoon are sometimes a little bit too much.....i can concede that point

Goes4FastPass
08-12-2008, 05:45 PM
so let me get this straight....

your major F&W complaint is a fifteen person line?

hmmmm......just wondering how you can stand to set foot in WDW if lines are an issue?...

Lines (what makes them think 'queue' sounds better?) are part of WDW and expected.

My F&W queue complaint is it seems like every little taste has its own queue.

Some kiosks have a wine line going one way and a cheese line going another. Am I in the right line?

And if those lines are 15 people then some of those lines must be 15 people who can't decide if they want 'red' or 'white'.

Anyway, I find myself looking at a kiosk and thinking, "Yes, I'd like to buy a little plastic cup of that wine and yes, I'm willing to pay $7 for it but... do I want to get in yet another line to make that purchase?

SBETigg
08-12-2008, 05:58 PM
It all sounds so good! The Food and Wine Festival is worth the lines and the congestion of World Showcase. It's so fun. I wish I was going this year. I wanted to plan a trip for my upcoming milestone birthday, but it didn't work out with a kid headed to college in the next year- darn!

Flower
08-12-2008, 09:19 PM
I love the F&W Festival and seeing this just makes me want to go!!! :fit:

I think my fav last year had to be the frozen treats in France, it was like a frozen sorbet made with Campaign :tasty:

DH's b-day is Oct 1st and I surprised him with wine school in France - a Taste of Burgundy I believe it was called. A full day of wine tasting and food pairings, including frog leg soup!:wine:

Sherri, maybe we can do a 2010 F&W meet!

FamilyofDisneyFreaks
08-13-2008, 11:38 AM
We're so excited! :yay: DH and I are going after a conference. We're meeting some friends of ours that we met eating sushi at the same restaurant every week and became friends with.:cheers:

We're going Oct 9-11. We're bummed because the Sushi, Sake and Sashimi is on Mondays when we won't be there.

It will be our first time and the way we look at is that we'll have the line time to slowly drink our wine/spirits so we can actually make it all the way around!
:eat::wine:

This is also the first time we'll be going without our DS!

luvdiznee
08-13-2008, 01:51 PM
Can't wait to go.:eat:Those snack credits will be put to some good use. Thank goodness our ressie at Coral Reef is later in the day. :mickey:

JohnnyJayhawk
08-14-2008, 11:57 AM

I didn't try the vegetable soup, but was not enamored with the buffalo at the Oklahoma kiosk last year.:sick:

Guinness
08-15-2008, 12:53 PM
I was wondering if anyone had any information as to whether the kiosks may be more elaborate this year than in years past, for the cities in wonderland thing. I read that Melbourne was spending almost a million dollars to recreate some street scenes for the festival bid, and if that is true it sounds like more than just a stand with some food.

AHOTE
08-15-2008, 11:55 PM

I had a chance to talk with one of the pavilion representatives last year and he said that they were the first state to be invited by Disney to participate in the Food & Wine Festival because they were celebrating their state centennial.

SallyP
08-20-2008, 07:08 PM
No Exquisite Evenings this year :(
That is one of our all time favorite events of the festival. There must be a reason the array of events is so reduced this year but it hurts this foodie. On the bright side, we'll save a bunch of $$$$.